• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Streets or Rage and Fallout 76 wouldnt work for me on pc . Everything else has been fine recently. I had lots of issues on the way store before the beta but that seems to have been mostly worked out
I can't get flight simulator to work. Trying to limit myself to pc only games, as I want to play games like Gears tactics on my tv.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I think people underestimated Gears Tactics. The game design and visual quality is top-shelf, all around.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
I can't get flight simulator to work. Trying to limit myself to pc only games, as I want to play games like Gears tactics on my tv.
I didnt download that one yet cause it's huge and im not sure how my pc would run it .

I started wasteland on xbox thinking it was play anywhere but it wasn't. I switched to pc because I think gsmes like those are a little easier to play with a screen closer to you. And you can basically play it one handed .

RayTracing

Banned
May 28, 2020
Well, I guess that's as good of a launch game as your gonna get at this point.

Get Flight Simulator for launch and you'll be golden, MS.

Not sure if this is reliable, list of exclusives at launch.

b8t4zgS.jpg

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I beat Gears Tactics on the PC and had a blast with it. It certainly has some flaws, but the sum of its parts outweighs the negatives.

Do we know if it is Play Anywhere? I don't know if I'd be down for another playthrough, at least not at launch, but I would like to pick up where I left off and take advantage of the new additions the game will have on November 10.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Would someone who is a fan of Halo Wars like this? I like XCOM as well but not as much.

Not necessarily. This is completely different from Halo Wars, being turnbased and playing more like XCOM, so it might not be for you. For what it's worth though it's a really good game, managing to capture that feel of a tightly knit squad Gears is known for, while still being an excellent strategy game.

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Would someone who is a fan of Halo Wars like this? I like XCOM as well but not as much.
I haven't played wars tbh. But xcom never interested me, this one is really well polished and even a beginner like can play at first. Now that I've got a grasp on this type of gameplay I can see myself playing xcom later on.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
How will this play with a controller?

I feel like I tried to play Halo Wars 2 on Xbox a few years ago and the experience wasn't great.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Way closer in style to XCOM or Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, so instead of managing a whole army of units in real-time, it's a smaller group under turn-based conditions.
If it's anything kinda like Kingdom Battle then I'm definitely going to check this out. What a hit that was

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Awesome game. Really hope it gets a sequel.
I played on M&KB but no reason it wouldn't control fine with a controller.

May 15, 2019
Not necessarily. This is completely different from Halo Wars, being turnbased and playing more like XCOM, so it might not be for you. For what it's worth though it's a really good game, managing to capture that feel of a tightly knit squad Gears is known for, while still being an excellent strategy game.
I might give it a shot still, I do enjoy the Gears franchise in general anyway.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Just cross posting from the Xbox thread to mention the improved controller support :)

I've only seen about a minute, so I could be wrong here, but it looks like they listened to feedback and improved the poor joypad controls in the PC version. The trailer promised improved controller support, without specifying how it would be done. It seems you're no longer controlling the cursor seperately, but the "screen" (or camera). Hopefully you can just rotate and zoom on the right analog stick, instead of having to use the D-pad to rotate.

If people haven't played it the difference should be immediately apparent by watching 30 seconds from 8 minutes in here, where the user ends up switching to mouse:

Look how fiddly it is controlling the cursor and camera in the PC version in comparison to what I assume is controlling the screen (camera) on Series X. Looks like a good improvement.

EDIT: Shouldn't have bumped this, but missed the other thread:

Last edited: