Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is a paper launch?

That there are very few units for the public to buy and it will take a couple months for actual volume to be available. Like we have 50k units right now and our production lines need a minute but we still wanna announce this for competitive purposes. I actually think AMD might have an ace card for once. Leakers have said similar to Tahiti and Hawaii. So 7970 and 290x which were great chips.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

wachie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3090 is like 99% full Ampere, if there is 3090Ti I'm amazed.

We most likely do get 3080Ti as shot at RDNA 2, but it wont be more powerful than 3090.
I'm confident that 3090 is not full Ampere, it's still a cut down (slight) from the full GA102. We will most likely still get a Titan for $2500 or something.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Im still perplexed how much cheaper Ampere is compared to Turing at least in the german webshop of nvidia. 700€ for such gains is impressive. I tought i would need throw away 1000€ at once.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ready and fast, depending where you live.

Nah, it doesn't. They had pre-orders for 2000 series and managed to do paper launch just fine, so it doesn't really indicate anything if there is or isn't pre-orders.

No. 2 weeks of orders vs not tells me not a lot of stock. I wouldn't call Turing a paper launch at all for that reason honestly. That preorder period was probably millions of units for 2070/2080. No preorder means they dont have that imo.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong but never underestimate Nvidia's strategy to milk the market.
Well it is a $1000 cheaper than Rtx Titan. 3090 is the new Titan, but rebranded with increased productions. Titan cards would usually be almost the full chip, which is what 3090 is (iirc the actual full chip is generally reserved for server grade stuff). There is no room for a hypothetical Titan, but there is room for a 3080Ti.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
No. 2 weeks of orders vs not tells me not a lot of stock. I wouldn't call Turing a paper launch at all for that reason honestly. That preorder period was probably millions of units for 2070/2080. No preorder means they dont have that imo.
Yea I'm suspecting supply is going to be a clusterfuck this fall.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, RTX 3090 as Titan replacement just seems a little off. It's still heavily marketed towards gamers, it's considerably cheaper than last gen Titan, what's their strategy here? Of course there will be a 3080 Ti down the line and they can tout it as their fastest gaming flagship again, but is that everything there is to it?

SuperRaddy

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Available at Overclockers UK

The latest Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards take gaming to a new level delivering up to 2x the performance of previous-generation RTX graphics cards thanks to the latest Nvidia Ampere architecture. The RTX 30 Series offers cutting edge artificial intelligence and hyper-realistic real-time...

overclockers just put this link up but removed it from their page, but the link still exists :)

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Available at Overclockers UK

The latest Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards take gaming to a new level delivering up to 2x the performance of previous-generation RTX graphics cards thanks to the latest Nvidia Ampere architecture. The RTX 30 Series offers cutting edge artificial intelligence and hyper-realistic real-time...

overclockers just put this link up but removed it from their page, but the link still exists :)
That looks to me like the TUF is 2-slots?

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if they go with that much vram for a Titan just yet, since they have $5000 ampere 8xxx Quadros to sell. Full GA102 may be reserved for that top Quadro as well if there is no Titan at all.

Well then just adds to Jen saying the 3090 is the Titan. Basically a $1k price cut then

If so it keeps adding to me maybe thinking amd actually does have something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.