• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

View: https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1597820963298549760

FiyY7VIWIAAcWql

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
If anyone's wondering, it is not recommended for those of age below 16

Kurumi

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Open up those preorders and give me that release date Square Enix! I'm ready!

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
So it really is M rated? I did not expect that.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
For reference, XV is 12+ and VII Remake is 14+.

This is 16+. In Brazil, M-Rated games are either 16+ or 18+, but the "heavier" ones are usually the latter. Ragnarok is 18+, for example.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Yoshi-P did say blood is a big no no for a teen rating these days. Like XIV has to dance around it constantly, for XVI they just said "fuck it". Doesn't mean it will be GTA.
Checks out. Devil May Cry 5 also has a 16+ rating.

Yet I'm pretty sure this will feel about a hundred times heavier than DMC5, because it doesn't feel like FFXVI treats its themes with the same levity.

Neutron

Jun 2, 2022
Sounds about right.

We see the blood-splatter from the Duke's beheading but I really don't think we're going to see his head tearing open and everything spilling out RE2Remake-style.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
People thought this was going to be rated T? A child is about to cry and he gets absolutely drenched in blood in like the first trailer. Game looks like some Drakengard esque shit at some points.

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Some more details :

Extenuating circumstances (lol) : sex scenes not fully showed, violent content attenutated by scenes' direction.

Aggravating circumstances : violence with weapons, blood, intentional deaths, torture and victims suffering. Drugs, prostitution, sexual content both shown and talked about. Hate crimes (?)

Sounds fun lol.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Aggravating circumstances : violence with weapons, blood, intentional deaths, torture and victims suffering. Drugs, prostitution, sexual content both shown and talked about. Hate crimes (?)
images

This sounded like the kind of stuff you'd get in a Matsuno game, so I quickly checked what Tactics Ogre received: 14+, drugs, violence, suicide, etc.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
More than likely it will be shown at TGA. Probably why the Crisis Core trailer is two weeks early.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
More than likely it will be shown at TGA. Probably why the Crisis Core trailer is two weeks early.

It has to be there. We're supposed to get a new trailer and release date by the end of the year. Square Enix doesn't have any events scheduled, so there's nowhere else to show it.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
God, May would be nuts. I'm thinking they don't want to get too close to Zelda, but maybe they actually do the first Tuesday/Friday in June?

It's definitely not later than June, I think.
I could easily see June 30. It's a Friday and it wouldn't be the first time SE picks the last possible day in a quarter to release a Final Fantasy on. They did the same with both FFXIV 1.0 and (originally) FFXV. Auspicious company, I know…

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I assume it will be out before the end of July. They're announcing Final Fantasy XIV 7.0 on July 28. I know he's just the producer of XVI, but I assume YoshiP will want to shift as much CBU 3 personnel as possible to it.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
I hope the gritty approach doesn't prevent the team from including more light-hearted/goofy elements like moogles or cactuar.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Since it's Square Enix I am betting on a very elaborate (and expensive) collector's edition which I will gladly buy with all my money.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Some more details :

Extenuating circumstances (lol) : sex scenes not fully showed, violent content attenutated by scenes' direction.

Sounds fun lol.
Is this like stipulations for the +16 rating in general or is this in particular reference to FF XVI?

In any case, sounds about right. As for sex scenes, it'll likely be similar to a PG-13 movie, with no nudity whatsoever. Same for the violence, although there's a shitton of blood (which seems to be the biggest driver for the devs to push for a higher rating; I don't really expect anything gory).

EDIT: it does read like it's for FF XVI in particular, yeah. Here it is for those interested:
rNlmS5K.png

Last edited: