• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Total worldwide sales for Kingdom Come: Deliverance have surpassed three million units, and total downloadable content sales have surpassed 1.5 million units, publisher Deep Silver and developer Warhorse Studios announced.

Kingdom-Come-Deliverance_06-16-20_Sales-600x600.jpg

For more info, read the article here: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/kingdom-come-deliverance-sales-top-three-million

Last edited:

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, can we just straight up not support or even talk about this Alt-right Nazi affiliated studio? That would be great. Thanks.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Very interesting that a super niche game sold so well, and says a lot about the nature of the PC market and the viability of more ambitious and difficult/complex system oriented games.

Is this include the free EGS copies?

I believe it does, as each title redeemed is paid for by Epic under a nebulous payout scheme.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Bought this game for PS4 a couple of months ago but haven't started it yet in hopes of a next-gen patch. I have heard the performance is pretty poor on consoles.

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
Amazing sales. Grats. Shame there are no platform and digital/retail breakdowns this time.

Last edited:

Deleted member 46489

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I do wonder what the moderation policy is regarding art created by bigots. If we lock discussions of Kingdom Come, do we also lock discussions of stuff like Harry Potter, since Rowling is a bigot?

Or do we apply the 'death of the author' concept when making those decisions?

Personally, I'm pretty sure I won't be purchasing the products of either of those people. But as far as discussion goes, I don't know. We ARE technically providing this game a platform by discussing it, and in a way signal boosting it. I think it would be great if mods could clarify the Era policy here.

Jebral

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if they ever made lock picking not torture.

I just redid my case cooling and OCd my stuff, need to try this again.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I mostly enjoyed the game. Even reviewed it. Such a shame it's attached to an asshole lead dev.

I'd say congrats to the rest of the team though. Their work seems to have paid off.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Another 1.5 mln copies to a white supremacist

Hope you are happy with your vidya.

the_fastbuck

Oct 28, 2017
that's great news and should warrant a sequel with a good budget. secretly hoped for an announcement in these would-be-e3 times...

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Absolutely love this game. I remember them mentioning a sequel running in CryEngine again, hope that's true. It was a really unique experience playing a RPG that wasn't Fantasy but set in the middle ages. Maybe I should get the DLC.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I'm yet to commit to playing it, just a couple of hours in, waited to be able to run it properly, will probably jump fully into in the next couple of days since I really liked what I saw the first couple of hours, reminded me heavily of TW1 atmosphere wise :D

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
This should definitely pretty much guarantee a sequel. I only finished the title pretty recently. It had too many bugs in 2018. The quest writing is truly outstanding at times. This especially refers to the DLC as well. I'll just say Johanka. Wow.

Just imagine they'd tackle Prague next. That would be quite something. Though I don't think they will.

nacimento

Oct 27, 2017
Well deserved, I throughly enjoyed the game. It was quite refreshing to play an RPG in a non-fantasy middle ages.

Shame about Vavra's politics, but those are sadly quite mainstream positions in Eastern Europe...

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
The game is really fun, but fix the lockpicking in a hypothetical sequel.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That's great news, well deserved. Can't wait to see what Warhorse can deliver with the second game.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
Did they kick him out after all his shit was brought to light? No? They're alt right affiliated then.
It's not so easy to kick out someone in top level of a company. Especially a project manager.

There are hundreds of thousands of companies in this world with alt-right, racist, nazis in top level positions.

And in Czech Republic there aren't that many game studios, in fact that's case for lots of European countries, so people who study and want to work in the industry don't have that much opportunities either.

I guess the company really is in cohorts with neo nazis in Europe and its employees are affiliated with them?

And if this was the case, the game would be a fascist wet dream with all their bullshit thrown into the game. Except it isn't. It's not a game like Postal where you can see the entire team is in on that bullshit.

Boycotting it, calling Vávra out for what he is, etc, is 100% right i don't disagree at all.

But the studio? That's disingenuous in my opinion. That's a lot of bullshit to put on employees to say it's an alt-right Nazi affiliated studio. In my mind you have to be putting out this sort of propaganda and ideology and be in cohorts with this political movement to be such. It's disingenuous. I don't know if that is the right word I'm using, English is my third language, but I think it's right.

But I don't think you want to discuss this any ways if you just look at it so superficially. Whatever

Last edited:

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Mafia 1 was Varva's creation which he directed, designed and wrote. Yet we don't see anyone caring about it.

Mafia 1 has actually been mentioned several times in past threads, people have pointed out that the game has some curious dialogue lines, even more so once people found out about Vavra being a nazi piece of shit. Ignoring all that, is Vavra still receiving royalties for Mafia 1 or something. Because unless that is the case, what you're saying is pretty dumb.

Last edited:

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not so easy to kick out someone in top level of a company. Especially a project manager.

There are hundreds of thousands of companies in this world with alt-right, racist, nazis in top level positions.

And in Czech Republic there aren't that many game studios, in fact that's case for lots of European countries, so people who study and want to work in the industry don't have that much opportunities either.

I guess the company really is in cohorts with neo nazis in Europe and its employees are affiliated with them.

And if this was the case, the game would be a fascist wet dream with all their bullshit thrown into the game. Except it isn't. It's not a game like Postal where you can see the entire team is in on that bullshit.

But I don't think you want to discuss this any ways if you just look at it so superficially. Whatever

It's not that easy? Do you not see what has been happening around the world? Even most recently with RIOT for example. A studio that is seemingly working towards ousting and adjusting it's incredibly toxic culture.

You're right, I don't want to discuss this. If you have someone like that on your team, you should get fucking rid of them, no questions ask or discussions held, it should be a fucking no-brainer.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I guess the company really is in cohorts with neo nazis in Europe and its employees are affiliated with them.

The issue here is that you're somehow trying to pretend that providing financial aid to someone with alt-right views has no effect on the world. Or at the very least, you significantly underestimate the impact that views and actions associated with those have on the world with the way that you're somehow bringing up the idea that people want to work on video games as some kind of excuse for it

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Another 1.5 mln copies to a white supremacist

Hope you are happy with your vidya.
I am, because the game is good and I can maturely separate author from product. I personally despise racist shit cunts and their thinking of only one person/colour is adequate for this world, it is outdated and immature. There is however not enough significant impact of his personal opinion/beliefs on the game that it takes away from every single other person who worked on the game and it's mechanics. It still to me is a fantastic medieval game that succeeds in showcasing some quite gritty and realistic mechanical elements alongside a fantastic graphical showcase.

I'm glad to see it doing so well, as we rarely get these types of historically mechanical games at such a large content offering. I have yet to play the DLC but looking forward to doing so shortly!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I wonder if they ever made lock picking not torture.

I just redid my case cooling and OCd my stuff, need to try this again.
I've heard it's fine with a mouse and keyboard but yeah it's abysmal with a controller still.

And yeah it's a shame Vavra is such an asshole because the game itself does do some pretty neat things that I appreciated. Also the DLC is constantly on sale (at least on PSN) so makes sense DLC sales would be high

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the game was pretty fun but didn't go far enough with the mechanics. The reading/washing stuff was cool but it was too easy to like race to a watering hole and basically nullify the effects of not bathing.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
It's not that easy? Do you not see what has been happening around the world? Even most recently with RIOT for example. A studio that is seemingly working towards ousting and adjusting it's incredibly toxic culture.

You're right, I don't want to discuss this. If you have someone like that on your team, you should get fucking rid of them, no questions ask or discussions held, it should be a fucking no-brainer.
Riot is a really bad example as they'll never get rid of the people who actually fostered the toxic culture at it, since they're you know the actual main leads who are above reproach. As long as they're there Riot will a stain on the game industry just like how Varva being at Warhorse brings it down.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark

What kind of logic is this? Are you saying that a developer can't possible be a fascist unless they make a game glorifying fascism?