• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Because you don't fill your press conference with info regarding a port of a one year old game that used to be a timed PS4 exclusive. That would be ridiculous.

Watch it be in the conference anyway. Nier was a stellar game topping many GOTY lists last year. Microsoft should be shouting from the rooftops that this is coming to their platform.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
One of my favourite games. Happy that it's coming to Xbox. Everyone should be able to play this!

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hope it runs better than Pro which is standard 1080p? If this runs at 1440p and with dlc I'll double dip.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Good game. But it's not a looker. Glad it's coming to Xbox One X, Xbox One S and Xbox One. 3 extra consoles to sell this on.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, get a grip man.
E7CctJB.png

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Can we get the first one through the backwards compatibility? It's a crime the the game still isn't available digitally anywhere.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
get it people. one of the best games ever made. and here we go, lets hope it sells well so we can have more nier. its selling so well!

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Nier Automata for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel Nier Automata for Xbox One or you can kiss your business goodbye.
far too old now be original man

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
Awesome, I loved it and got the platinum on PS4 (but missed all the dlc) and will buy day 1 on Xbox as well. Hope they take advantage of the One X. I recall they didn't do much with the PS4 Pro at the time, I figured because it was still fairly new. I'm hyped it's coming this month.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Nier Automata for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel Nier Automata for Xbox One or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Finally, a thread that is similar to the original thread this was posted!

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Give Yoko Taro your money, he needs to make more games.
Also , again, this is one of the top 5 greatest games of all time.

Fuck, buy it twice.
That is all.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida

I didn't even have a PS3/360 when this was a thing but it was hilarious. Wonder whatever happen to the person who originally said this.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did they have some exclusivity deal with Sony? Feels weird that this comes pretty much a year later.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I definitely will "become as Gods" later this month.