Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Creating Thread with Click Bait Title
91 and doing pretty damn well, chilling in NM.

Gene Hackman retired from acting 17 years ago, but had this recent pic taken to show he is alive and well at 91, and living in New Mexico. He goes bike riding every day and remains active and engaged with hobbies, and friends.

King.

Popeye my French Connection if old.

post-thread-title-change-edit: Sorry, Era. The clickbait title was not appropriate. May we all live long and enjoy life as Mr. Hackman, a true legend and inspiration, has and continues to do.

edit: it has come to my attention that the photo is from 2019. Original is below. Still, yes he's 91 now, yes he's amazing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dan-o

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
no fun allowed, I see.
edit: this was shitty of me. I apologize.

(FWIW, if he was dead, I'd have said so. No need to play around that.)
edit2: I genuinely would have been clear, but I get why folks don't like the original title. Sorry.

Last edited:

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, my image of Gene is still the shitheel captain he played in Crimson Tide. Shit, now Im old.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty shitty title, OP.

That being said, good for Gene. Sounds like he's having a good time.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I often feel a bit of pity for people that need attention from strangers on the internet this badly.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta respect the guy retiring after Welcome to Mooseport and realizing "Wait, what the fuck am I doing?"

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Dude couldn't even change the title in an appropriate way.

Now it's just bitterness at the fact that people called him out on a gross title because he thinks we were too sensitive.

forrest

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Clicks thread....

requiredjollygerbil-m57ksp.gif

John Dunbar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if only all actors were lucky enough to end their careers with a classic like welcome to mooseport.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Not enough to post shitty clickbait.

Posts misleading clickbait.

Doubles down.

Dumpster fire of a thread.

Oct 28, 2017
I miss Gene Hackman in films and can't really believe that the last thing I'll see him in was an episode of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not as bad as I expected based on the reactions but clickbait titles in general are awful. I say ban OP for being annoying.

I've mentioned a few times that people doing shit like this shouldn't be able to make threads temporarily (to permanently if they continue) but either the staff don't like the idea or it's not something doable on a technical level.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Reflect on clickbait titles: We obviously like Gene Hackman apparently, but we currently do not like your behavior with creating the thread title.

So yeah, please don't do that again. On a positive note, sick dude. Guy's just chilling in his old age. He's gonna miss out on so many awful things :)

OP
OP
Dan-o

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Reflect on clickbait titles: We obviously like Gene Hackman apparently, but we currently do not like your behavior with creating the thread title.

So yeah, please don't do that again.
I assure you, I completely understand.
On a positive note, sick dude. Guy's just chilling in his old age.
Right?? May we all be so lucky to be 17 years into retirement and doing well enough (health/activity-wise) like him. Damn. Like I said in the OP... KING.

Status
Not open for further replies.