• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
User Banned (1 month): Ableist language. Prior ban for derogatory language around ADHD
The new abyss is kinda hard, i don't like that they used nut, it's still better than the golden sperglord but having enemies that spend most of the time in a state where they cannot get hit/fly out of range is kinda dumb in a mode that is essentially a time trial.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Zhongli-Xiangling-Bennett-C2R1 Raiden (Zhongli instead of anyone else because I didn't want to die to the enemies in 12-3-1)
Nahida-Xingqiu-Shinobu-C0R1 Al Haitham

Figured out that these teams can completely destroy first two chambers and 12-3-1, barely cleared Wenut with a couple of seconds to spare though, but that could've just have been me not being good in the fight (my first attempt with that team and the upkeep on my characters was highly improvised) and not having Raiden's burst ready for 12-3-1. Didn't help that Kuki's burst didn't knock down Wenut when it normally does.

I probably won't attempt a 4 star clear since I'm busy with RE8 and will be playing RE4R when it comes out.

View: https://youtu.be/yktTEMp2Uis
Fucking thank you, idk why people were trying to say they were basically on the same level. Can't wait for him now. I might run him with Clam set since I'm already farming that domain.
Baizhu is getting doom posted so much for some reason. He has the most complete and varied support kit in the game (on top of having TTDS and Prototype Amber!) but people keep looking for a Nahida replacement in terms of elemental application when he's going to be BiS in different places instead.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Baizhu is getting doom posted so much for some reason. He has the most complete and varied support kit in the game (on top of having TTDS and Prototype Amber!) but people keep looking for a Nahida replacement in terms of elemental application when he's going to be BiS in different places instead.

Prolly from Zajef's initial review which was a sort of "ehh, you don't really need him", IIRC. He said he would be good but was lukewarm on him in terms of actual need.

I kind of agree, he's going to be good but... ehhhhhhhhh. I kinda don't care for his kit at all and I have YaoYao and Nahida.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Prolly from Zajef's initial review which was a sort of "ehh, you don't really need him", IIRC. He said he would be good but was lukewarm on him in terms of actual need.

I kind of agree, he's going to be good but... ehhhhhhhhh. I kinda don't care for his kit at all and I have YaoYao and Nahida.

He's in a similar situation to Kokomi
With 4 star healers or catalyst users with Prototype Amber in their element you have other "we have a healer at home" options if you don't like them

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Zajef doesn't really hype up any character. He will often say a character is good but easily replaceable, like Cyno. Which is true. Doesn't mean the character is bad or anything.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017

Zajef (accurately) says there are no characters you NEED. Even Yelan he recommends with the caveat that she can be a luxury pick if you have Xingqiu.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not talking about Zajef or people that say they don't need a character, was more referring to online comments. Baizhu does have flaws but at the same time the things he does poorly are things that a lot of other characters simply don't have at all, so I do think he'll be better than people think right now.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not talking about Zajef or people that say they don't need a character, was more referring to online comments. Baizhu does have flaws but at the same time the things he does poorly are things that a lot of other characters simply don't have at all, so I do think he'll be better than people think right now.

In terms of that, i think people are disappointed that he sucks at dendro app and needs another dendro to dendro.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People heard his burst did off screen Dendro application, and thought he was Dendro Xingqui + shields + heals, and set their expectations to that. They wanted him to replace Nahida in Alhaitham and Cyno teams, especially Cyno teams. His Dendro application is subpar, so he still needs another Dendro for application.

He's not a bad unit at all, people just set their expectations way too high. I still plan on pulling him for my Cyno team, though plan to wait a bit to see people do some testing with that team after he's out.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Genshin never pulls the stupid nonsense that's happening in the latest chapter of Honkai

Falk

Oct 26, 2017

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh...farming sand grease pupa and though the main routes stacked the respawn is long. Either 48 or 72hrs it seems.
Im just shy of what Alhaitham needs atm to bring him up to level enough to start running him.

Also, after playing Faruzans hangout I am doubling down on my theory she was originally gonna be a researcher locked away in deshrets tomb in stasis for hundreds of years but they ran outta time or had script issues longterm itd cause so they just ran with Jehts story with her dad instead. Her hangout is so nothing. She has no real cutscenes or cameras. Damned near visual novel talking neutral poses the whole time. No real fights or puzzles either. Just.. there. And her story is she was trapped in a ruin for hundreds of years but uh...we wont go there and we dont know how she got out? Yeah...seems like they had a story for her tied to something and it just fell thru so they slopped together this to explain her existence away on the general bio fluff notes they made as read aloud by Tighnari.

Faruzan = afterthought junk only there to be an anemo res shred for Wanderer. No longterm story settled yet but too far along to rewrite entirely imo.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, now I get why people were pissed at Floor 12-3-2.

It's not a fun boss. It's not even a challenging boss. There's no thought or strategy. It's a boss that exist to only waste your time.

I'd have to check footage, but does the damn thing even attack you?

I just noticed his little rat tail. Poor fucking kid.

Wenut has no movepool. You can go do the normal one and just stand there, it has... two attacks?

It's a really bad boss, completely phoned in and zero substance.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed his little rat tail. Poor fucking kid.

There begins the usual rat tail doomposting.

kristen-bell-shaking-head-erxob3i37gxu97i3.gif

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Wenut has no movepool. You can go do the normal one and just stand there, it has... two attacks?

It's a really bad boss, completely phoned in and zero substance.
Yeah. Makin for the easiest boss grind next to regivines for me in awhile. Its long-winded sadly. Not as bad as the geo hypostasis thankfully but a bit of a slog. Klee wrecks the thing. Hadnt played more than windblume in ages so ive been mass dumping the rewards and resin towards Alhaitham finally when I do play.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
It's practical. If he didn't tie that hair up, it could get in his face or snag on a bush during combat. It could wrap around his knees and kill him. An enemy could grab it and run in circles until he was all trussed up.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
i'm dumb and all this time i thought you guys were talking about legit actual rat tails (even prior to this page) and was so confused

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
fmfJpxd.png

lmao we did it, we got hoyolab to acknowledge termination of desires full version

please add it to a permanent game mode

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
My most wanted constellations are C2 Nahida, C1 Hu Tao & C2 Yelan. As for weapons, it's mist splitter and elegy.

Too bad this weapon banner is horrible.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Jesus fuck this 12-3 chamber 2, by the time I finished setting up Childe rotation the boss is already moving again. What are people using? Does Geobros work?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Someone on the leaks reddit said Mika sounds like Ben Shapiro and I can't take it man
Someone said that the voice direction for Mika changed since his first appearance, and they were right. He went from just sounding nervous, which fit, to being super nasally for some reason.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MivdYqW3LqM&t=99s&ab_channel=AZureMaxx

Someone also said he sounds like the personification of the 🤓 emoji and my sides exploded.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Someone said that the voice direction for Mika changed since his first appearance, and they were right. He went from just sounding nervous, which fit, to being super nasally for some reason.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MivdYqW3LqM&t=99s&ab_channel=AZureMaxx

Someone also said he sounds like the personification of the 🤓 emoji and my sides exploded.

Okay I'm not crazy, I remembered liking his voice when we first met him. The new direction is baaaaaad just like whatever they did with Layla.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I noticed the Mika voice change too. At the time I thought it might just be because he was having a conversation with Cyno so it made his voice seem even more wimpy in comparison lol. I picture a voice director yelling for more awkwardness. Probably the same one that has Paimon shriek it up.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you can tell the VA tries to sound even younger and cuter now. When he read the letter in 3.1 the voice was more regular, just meant to be nervous. Now they're going all in with the young, innocent boy.

Probably the same one that has Paimon shriek it up.

It's getting worse with every new patch, lol.
Chinese, Japanese, Korean etc. Paimon sounds so pleasant, then English Paimon shrieks loudly into your ears. English Paimon was pleasant sounding once too... Apparently fans asked for changing it. I think I remember Paimon's VA/voice director stating that.

Last edited:

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I feel bad for English Paimon. Her VA is so good and if she was just a sassy sidekick who makes jokes and occasionally tugs the heartstrings, I bet she'd be really popular. But instead she drones on for a thousand hours in every patch, with a voice that could shatter glass.

I still kinda like her. I like hearing talented people even when they're being fucking squandered.

Status
Not open for further replies.