Status
Not open for further replies.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, my main account is officially 700 days old. So I thought I would do a comparison...

AR 60, 700 days old, welkin and BP (on and off)
2lXEet6.png

VS AR 54, 74 days old, F2P
I am now fully up to date on Sumeru after just finishing the whole Aranara questline, all I have left is to continue unlocking Hangouts with story keys
The most painful difference between the 2 is absolutely the time investment into artifacts, and artifact exp. Most of my ok 5 star ones are around lv 8.
9jGCJ5c.png
Very interesting that you didn't ascend to 90 all of your characters (except 2). Is ascending to 90 really that bad? I know that it's extremely costly but depending on the substat ascenscion that would be worth it no? Not to mention being able to level talents to 10...

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Very interesting that you didn't ascend to 90 all of your characters (except 2). Is ascending to 90 really that bad? I know that it's extremely costly but depending on the substat ascenscion that would be worth it no? Not to mention being able to level talents to 10...

I do it cause it's really not *that* bad, but the damage increase is pretty negligible typically.

Except for anemo. If you want to swirl with anemo characters, you should def get to 90(like they did haha)

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The difference between 80/90 to 90/90 isn't worth it, unless you going for completion.
With the exception of Transformative characters.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I do it cause it's really not *that* bad, but the damage increase is pretty negligible typically.

Except for anemo. If you want to swirl with anemo characters, you should def get to 90(like they did haha)

Honestly, If I could I would level down Venti, his Ult would be way more useful for most of my teams with the weaker pull, when enemies are barely floating above the ground.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I really wish they'd fix Bennet's 6th constellation. Pulling Bennett is especially annoying when you've got the little red exclamation on your character icon.

i have one 90 (see my above post to figure out who) but I've seen enough Genshin posters talking about how it's better to just move on to the next character to grind to 80 than worry about getting that one to 90.

Which is why you see so many people with full stacks of 80s.

I find them impressive too though. I hate hunting mushrooms and flowers for the ascensions. Christ Ganyu took me like two days following a YouTube tutorial to get Qingxin. I get so bored. My kid asked me to watch me lvl Klee and even he got bored watching me run around climbing buildings and scanning the horizon for those mushrooms.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I have 3 level 90 characters, Kazuha, Tighnari, and Traveler. Most other characters that use heavily are at 80.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019

It's not bad, just that I don't need it to 36* at this point, and there's nothing else more difficult than that
If I struggle down the line I might level more
Also many are ascended to 80/90, not 80/80. So I can level talents if I want. However I have nobody crowned for the same reason as levelling to 90. I stick to talent level 8.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bennett's C6 benefits more units than it does ruin units at this point. In terms of 5*, it only really affects Keqing and Eula, iirc.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
You want to *ascend* a character to where their max level is 90, because that does allow you level 10 talents and your full main stat, but only a handful of characters actually benefit from being leveled fully to 90 (which has no effect on their main stat, only their base ATK/DEF/HP) and even those characters (usually ones that are dependent on EM + level scaling reactions) I have been able to get away with keeping at level 80/80 or 80/90 -- even 4 star ones.
Bennett's C6 benefits more units than it does ruin units at this point. In terms of 5*, it only really affects Keqing and Eula, iirc.
And Keqing no longer needs Bennett.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Cute but overworked describes half the female cast of this game. :P

That's actually pretty true. Lol. No wonder every event is basically a vacation.

This is simply incorrect. Only some characters fall into the "overworked waifu" trope.
Let's look at Genshin's entire female cast sans the kids.
  1. Aloy
  2. Amber
  3. Ayaka
  4. Barbara
  5. Beidou
  6. Collei
  7. Eula
  8. Fischl
  9. Ganyu: overworked
  10. Hu Tao
  11. Jean: overworked
  12. Keqing: overworked
  13. Kokomi: overworked
  14. Lisa
  15. Mona
  16. Ninguang
  17. Noelle
  18. Raiden
  19. Rosaria
  20. Sara: probably overworked
  21. Shenhe
  22. Shinobu
  23. Xiangling
  24. Xinyan
  25. Yae
  26. Yan Fei
  27. Yelan
  28. Yoimiya
  29. Yun Jin
Out of 29 female characters, only 5 of them are overworked or 17.2%, far from the "most of the female cast are overworked waifu" impression some have.

Last edited:

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Kaz was my only level 90 for the longest time. Nearly everyone else at 80/90.

That's started to change now if the character has some additional scaling off HP or DEF. so Yelan, Ayato, Albedo etc.

With EM becoming a bigger deal with Dendro it'll be more common.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is simply incorrect. Only some characters fall into the "overworked waifu" trope.
  1. Aloy
  2. Amber
  3. Ayaka
  4. Barbara
  5. Beidou
  6. Collei
  7. Eula
  8. Fischl
  10. Hu Tao
  14. Lisa
  15. Mona
  16. Ninguang
  17. Noelle
  18. Raiden
  19. Rosaria
  21. Shenhe
  22. Shinobu
  23. Xiangling
  24. Xinyan
  25. Yae
  26. Yan Fei
  27. Yelan
  28. Yoimiya
  29. Yun Jin
Out of 29 female characters, only 5 of them are overworked or 17.2%, far from the "most of the female cast are overworked waifu" impression some have.
I'm honored you put this much research into my shitpost.

Though since we're here now, I'd argue that Noelle, Ningguang, and Yunjin are overworked as well if you did their hangouts.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
I'm honored you put this much research into my shitpost.

Though since we're here now, I'd argue that Noelle, Ningguang, and Yunjin are overworked as well if you did their hangouts.

I haven't done Yun Jin's and Ningguang's hangout yet so my information is based on their voicelines and stories as well as main story and event story.
Even if we include them, 8/29 is still far from half the female cast.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
The ascension to 80/90 is costly but pretty much worth it for everyone.
Levelling to 90 is pretty costly for usually not that much benefit (with some exceptions), which is why most people stop at 80/90 and only level a few chars to 90.
I think it's good advice at the beginning, when you're still building your roster, but after a while I think the cost gets overrated.

Personally I dislike artifact farming because the progress is completely RNG and unpredictable, and instead like working on finite upgrades (talents, weapons, ascentions and levels), so I currently have 18 characters at level 90, 8 characters at 80/90 and the other 14 at 70/80. (Without BP resources, I don't buy the BP).

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
  1. Aloy
  2. Amber
  3. Ayaka
  4. Barbara
  5. Beidou
  6. Collei
  7. Eula
  8. Fischl
  10. Hu Tao
  14. Lisa
  15. Mona
  16. Ninguang
  17. Noelle
  18. Raiden
  19. Rosaria
  21. Shenhe
  22. Shinobu
  23. Xiangling
  24. Xinyan
  25. Yae
  26. Yan Fei
  27. Yelan
  28. Yoimiya
  29. Yun Jin

Oh I was non-committal to the original posters point. We're just having fun here. I could only come up with the ones you did though I'd switch Sara for Raiden. Raiden's quests seem to indicate that now that she's got her mind straightening out she seems frustrated with how much shit she's gotta fix that she caused. Sara would never admit to being overworked, she would just say that she's frustrated by these criminals, y'all.

There are some characters who give me the impression that they're stretching themselves thin:

Amber, Ayaka, Rosaria, Shinobu (100%), and Hu Tao.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
I can't even be assed to ascend anyone to 80/90 because at that point I'd rather just raise a new character. I know I'm leaving a lot of power from talent levels on the table but I just don't feel like I need it. I can get above 30* in the Abyss anyway and I'm not that bothered I can't get 36*, which is the only content it would help with. I mainly play the game for overworld stuff where I already shred everything and see no point making it even easier lol.

Speaking of which, I hope they allow us to raise the World Level further at some point, preferably in a way not tied to the AR.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at this week's beta updates for Cyno and Nilou

It's almost funny how much they want you to play Nilou on a Bloom only comp to the point of nerfing other choices. It's almost kind of interesting how specific of a character she is going to be.

Not a deep numbers guy but seeing people say Cyno's calculated dps comes out to just around Keqing and maybe even worse is unfortunate. I get that she just got a major buff Cyno seems like a case of not being the best at anything and just "another main dps" unit.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The end of chapter 4 in the book broke for me - Agnihotra Sutra Part 2

got a flower from the old man npc, one of our flower buddies came up and took it, now I'm not sure what to do after. Every guide I seen showed what happened there differently.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

It's almost funny how much they want you to play Nilou on a Bloom only comp to the point of nerfing other choices. It's almost kind of interesting how specific of a character she is going to be.

Not a deep numbers guy but seeing people say Cyno's calculated dps comes out to just around Keqing and maybe even worse is unfortunate. I get that she just got a major buff Cyno seems like a case of not being the best at anything and just "another main dps" unit.
But if you want to use him does it really matter? He'll clear the abyss fine.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
But if you want to use him does it really matter? He'll clear the abyss fine.

Oh i'm still 100% getting him and I am sure he will be just fine damage wise. I admit I do kind of like the more specific nature of what they are doing with newer units, being the best in a niche is interesting to me. Cyno's playstyle is the main thing I'm looking forward to because he looks like a ton of fun to play in his burst with the eye mechanic.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017

I'm fully expecting Nilou's banner to flop lol. Nothing wrong with making highly specialized units but releasing her when you can barely make a team around her specialty is just bizarre. Since we barely have any dendro teammates for her and literally only one dendro character coming in the forseeable future. She may do very well on a rerun though lol

We knew hoyo would never make a male DPS unit OP but Cyno being barely on Keqing's level is just sad, even if she's not bad now

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't done Yun Jin's and Ningguang's hangout yet so my information is based on their voicelines and stories as well as main story and event story.
Even if we include them, 8/29 is still far from half the female cast.
I was just messing around and having fun when I said that, but now I feel motivated to actually defend my half-assed position. That and I have the day off, so I'm bored.

First it depends on your personal definition of "overworked", since the definition of working "too long or hard" is different from person to person. You can like your job, but still be overworked. So just going off the list you gave, I think:

1. Aloy: Overworked - If you've played Horizon, she's definitely overworked. She's the only competent human being in that world.
  2. Amber: Stable - Constantly seems to be out doing outrider stuff, but not enough info to say she is overworked
  3. Ayaka: Overworked - Works as the head of festival planning for the Yashiro commission. Has had all these responsibilities from a young age. Doesn't have many friends to hang out with, and is rarely seen in town.
  4. Barbara: Overworked - Hangout has her barely being able to hang out with friends due to being a nun, the go to healer/nurse/doctor of the entire city of Mondstadt, as well as an idol.
  5. Beidou: Stable - Captain of a pirate ship, so she could be overworked, but nothing in her lore or hangout suggests this
  6. Collei: Stable - Newbie Forest Ranger who doesn't go out on many patrols due to her illness
  7. Eula: Stable - Does plenty of missions, but nothing in her lore suggests she's overworked. She just doesn't have much of a social life due to being awkward as hell and her family history
  8. Fischl: stable - One of the best the Adventure Guild has, and constantly seems to be out on missions, but that's not enough to go off of, so putting as stable
  9. Ganyu: overworked - Self explanatory for her since it's one of her main character gimmicks
  10. Hu Tao: Stable - She's the boss of a funeral parlor, so I assume she's busy, but not enough to go off of.
  11. Jean: overworked - Self explanatory for her since it's one of her main character gimmicks
  12. Keqing: overworked - Self explanatory for her since it's one of her main character gimmicks
  13. Kokomi: overworked - Self explanatory for her since it's one of her main character gimmicks
  14. Lisa: Stable - She's the librarian of the Knights. Could be overworked, but not enough info to go off of.
  15. Mona: Stable - While she's constantly poor, it's been shown that's due to poor financial planning. I'll assume she's has a stable work life
  16. Ninguang: Overworked - Never has a day off, has secretaries that has to plan out every hour of her day, runs a country
  17. Noelle: Overworked - Basically the handywoman of the entire city. When she's not doing whatever people ask of her, she's studying to become a knight.
  18. Raiden: Stable - this one is more complicated. She runs a country, but that's mostly the robot.
  19. Rosaria: Overworked - Nun at day, basically an assassin at night. Two jobs. I consider anyone who has a day and night job to be overworked to some degree.
  20. Sara: probably overworked - Willing to go with overworked since she basically the head of their military and was all over the place during the archon quest.
  21. Shenhe: Stable - Not even sure she has a job.
  22. Shinobu: Overworked - Constantly getting new certifications, while basically being the mother of 4 grown ass manbabies. My heart goes out to her.
  23. Xiangling: Overworked - World renowned chef that is always hunting for new ingredients. Any time she isn't cooking, she's preparing to cook.
  24. Xinyan: Stable - While she is a rock and roller, I think she's self employed as one. Not enough to go off of.
  25. Yae: Overworked - Two jobs. Head of the shrine maidens, while also owning her own publishing business.
  26. Yan Fei: Overworked - She's a good lawyer. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, as being a *good* lawyer is a job that leave very little downtime.
  27. Yelan: Stable - Pat of me wants to say she's overworked, as she's part of Liyue's secret ops, but also not enough to go off of.
  28. Yoimiya: Stable - Makes fireworks and plays with kids all day.
  29. Yun Jin: Overworked - Rarely has a day off due to constant practice, interviews, and performances.

That's 16/29.

Bengraven