• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
0qvmiwvtedx71.png

Genshin Impact revenue breakdown:

- 2.1 billion is the confirmed amount for mobile only revenue (not including PlayStation, PC, and 3rd party android appstores).

- The 3.7 billion figure is the high-end estimate but is quite likely the actual amount earned based on the data available.

- The high-end figure assumes that mobile revenue (excluding 3rd party android in China) accounts for roughly 60% of Genshin Impacts total revenue. That leaves an additional 40% (roughly 1.4 billion) of revenue from Playstation, PC and 3rd party Android.

- The low-end figure is much more conservative and assumes mobile revenue accounts for 90% of the games revenue.

pastebin.com

Sources for Top Mobile Revenue Post - Pastebin.com

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Waifus and husbandos > guns and pop culture CONFIRMED

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Much deserved. I've been playing since release, love it. It's one of my podcast games.

(Although my Hu Tao summon luck yesterday was horrible trash, almost everybody else seems to have gotten lucky lol)

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I think the game is great but the amount of money people throw at the character and weapon banners in this game is beyond absurd.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
Is this the game that made a Nintendo fanboy smash his PS4 because it "copied" BotW? That's all I know about it lol.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
So many poor souls lost. There is no coming back from gacha hell.
566.png

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Glad I stopped playing after like a week or two when it launched otherwise I'm sure I would have started throwing cash at it, and I'm not about that life anymore.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
In terms of quality of the actual game (yes this game has an actual well designed Open World thats fun to explore) combined with that business model and visual quality/presentation ... not entirely surprising but nothing anyone could have predicted either. Grats to Mihoyo.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand why people spend anything in gacha games. None of the stuff you can spend thousands of dollars trying to get is remotely interesting, all the interesting stuff is free

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Anime waifu gacha botw

The magic combination all along

Crazy impressive. Even more impressive is the game is actually super well made, great visuals and audio and gameplay from what I've seen, unlike a lot of these multi billion dollar games that are pretty much meh but with insane marketing

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How long until we get Goku and Luffy in Geshin then?

When that happens, the floodgates will really open.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Considering I keep pulling 4 star new characters and haven't dropped a single dime on the game says a lot. It's beautiful, it's pretty fun.

And Paimon
OWNS

Jul 14, 2018
Philadelphia

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
If you're spending money on weapons banners you might need to seek help.

Nah I would rather like to ask them how I earn that much money to do it regulary. But yeah Weapon Banner can be a big money sink.

But who in their right mind owns a R5 weapon or C6 chars. Couldn't be me. *whistles*

Drachen

May 3, 2021
Love the game but need it to start failing soon so they'll be more generous with them primogems.

Missingnomer

Nov 29, 2017
I spent $200 on it and dropped it. Scary stuff. I spend $10 on Apex season pass (you get it forever if you level it up enough) and don't feel so great, but I remember when I first swiped in Genshin and didn't even give it another thought. The mind games of how they encourage you to spend money is real. Stay away unless you really really like waifus

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Is the battle pass still as shit as the first or is the game better in that regard now? That and 2 Welkins was all I spent on it and for what I got out of it no complaints tbh; paying to get the characters seemed nutty but obvs people do that a heck of a lot from those numbers.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I'll never understand why people spend anything in gacha games. None of the stuff you can spend thousands of dollars trying to get is remotely interesting, all the interesting stuff is free

Tell that to someone who didn't pull Venti using their free currency.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
That's a lotta dough.

childe-childe-genshin-impact.gif

Buuuut, it's mostly deserved as far as I'm concerned.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I buy stuff in gacha games because I've been playing them a while and I don't feel bad about throwing the devs $20 every few months.
It's hardly any different than an MMO subscription in my mind.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Every gacha thread should have a disclaimer in the title.

I don't get why we are still promoting such gambling on this site.

greenbird

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Is the battle pass still as shit as the first or is the game better in that regard now? That and 2 Welkins was all I spent on it and for what I got out of it no complaints tbh; paying to get the characters seemed nutty but obvs people do that a heck of a lot from those numbers.

Slightly better since they put fragile resin in the pass, but it's still selling a solution to a problem they created. Still the same weapons on the pass too.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Unsurprising when they filled the game to the brim with every single predatory game mechanic in existence. I don't see the appeal anymore either, the story is shallow and very poorly written, characters are nonexistent and also poorly written, there's nothing to do content-wise outside of the finite exploration, new characters have no value in rolling since they enable nothing you couldn't do previously, and the rng is still the same time-gated nightmare since day 1. It's sad that people continue to fall for it and excuse all its flaws and problematic design.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Venti sucks with all that ehehe nonsense

Everyone knows you just need Razor, Bennet, and Qiqi and you're set for life

That kind of talk is how you get stabbed in the street.

Though I do agree about Qiqi. I don't play Genshin, but if I did, I'd just use her.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
that's 2 billion without me putting in a gazillion into it...and I'm already being tempted by many parties to start getting into this