Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
That would be nice, because I'd like to have him, but I'm going to dump all my wishes in the Arle banner and not be pulling on the Clorinde or Siegewinne banners.
Does the X.8 patch usually give us a free character? I remember getting Fischl once from it, but Fischl also was the main character of that event story. I doubt Sethos will be the main character of the 4.8 event story.
Last year we got a free Layla during the summer event patch.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Even numbered patches give characters and Overflowing Mastery.
Odd numbered patches give weapons and Leyline Overflow.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sethos wouldn't be new, he'dve been in 4.7.
Though every Lantern Rite has a new character for free, we also got Collei and Lynette free in their X.0s.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Every time I see Naya's Raiden I just stare in awe at that artifact set and C6 and then my own Raiden feels dirty. xD But then I remember that I can clear the Abyss with my Raiden too, so then I feel better again. xD

We have almost identical ER and the same weapon but Naya wins with 5 more crit rate and 60 (!) more crit dmg.. @.@ Goals lol.
yeah as long as you can clear it's good. My F2P one also clears everything.

switching to ATK% sands does make her jump from top 7% to top 4% on Akasha
SgGfuHd.png

I'll still go with ER% sands. Main Goal is still and 35 CV+ ER% double crit sands. I'll take a 50 CV one too. I'd like 265% ER% for the full EoSF and R5 Engulfing buff. 75% CR and 170% CD is the dream if possible.
Edit: yeah saw the top rated one and its possible

Speaking of 4 star characters who haven't been seen in a hot minute...
She's waiting with Kaveh.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017

SgGfuHd.png

I'll still go with ER% sands. Main Goal is still and 35 CV+ ER% double crit sands. I'll take a 50 CV one too. I'd like 265% ER% for the full EoSF and R5 Engulfing buff. 75% CR and 170% CD is the dream if possible.

Akasha's rating system has always felt wonky to me. I think in a fair number of cases it's a good place to start an assessment but it's not that great at really analyzing playstyle or how an overall team melds or prioritizes skills and bursts.

I also think the percentages are really misleading, as CVs are deceptive (due to stat priorities not considering rotation priorities).

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017

SgGfuHd.png

Just goes to show how competitive the Raiden leaderboards are. Your Raiden is beyond bonkers and "only" top 4%?! Insane lol.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I'd worry less about leaderboards and more about rotational flexibility.

I can get my Yelan and my Raiden in the top 1% on Akasha, and then they perform like dogwater.
Oh yeah, I agree. Here is my Raiden that I only got in January and I have not farmed all that much for her, but just to put it into perspective this build in a national team is plenty strong enough to 36 star Abyss. That is how I usually play. Get my characters a servicable set so I can use them and clear Abyss and then they get bit by bit upgrades in the months after. :)

Screenshot-2024-04-22-220220.png

But I love seeing some of the insane builds people in our OT have, it motivates me and gives me goals to work towards. And really cool to see the Raiden builds today, when I just happened to use my Raiden team for all my artifact farming today. It's always such a pleasure to use.

I do hope the Cyno leaderboard appears soon, it is being worked on and my Cyno is the one character that may hopefully be high up in the ranking. Excited to see where he would end up, as his build is the one I am the most proud of on my account.

Last edited:

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
I wish that there was a site that, instead of looking at CVs, actually looked at rotational flexibility and burst windows as the primary point of comparison for artifacts and characters. Rotational flexibility mostly meaning, "how well can this character recover from being interrupted? how well can they retain uptime if something doesn't go to plan? How do their artifacts contribute to this?" Burst window meaning, "how do you best build a character to use their burst effectively? Do their artifacts contribute to this?"

The reason I say this is because a flexible character (namely, a character that you can plop into more teams and have them work) is more important to me than a powerful character.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I wish that there was a site that, instead of looking at CVs, actually looked at rotational flexibility and burst windows as the primary point of comparison for artifacts and characters. Rotational flexibility mostly meaning, "how well can this character recover from being interrupted? how well can they retain uptime if something doesn't go to plan? How do their artifacts contribute to this?" Burst window meaning, "how do you best build a character to use their burst effectively? Do their artifacts contribute to this?"

The reason I say this is because a flexible character (namely, a character that you can plop into more teams and have them work) is more important to me than a powerful character.
Good point, you echo exactly what I felt when I was building my Cyno. People focus so much on crit values but here you suddenly have a character who wants enough ER to have his burst up quickly, enough EM since his signature weapon and a lot of his kit need EM for the dendro reactions to function plus of course then the crit values for raw damage.

I have now built 21 characters so far and cleared the Abyss with them and he was the hardest to build so far, but also the most satisfying and rewarding. So maybe it is better there is no leaderboard for him at this moment as that could demotivate me, but I still remain curious. :)

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
So let's talk fun Genshin stuff instead Buga!

I just saw an amazing Abyss run on Youtube and wanted to share it. C6 Lynette anemo infusion plunge team. Who needs Xiao when you can do this damage wow, I did not expect those numbers from Lynette. C6 Faruzan, a Furina and a good Xianyun needed of course, but super impressive.

View: https://youtu.be/dOxO9_AVd_w?si=uVuP0bmh05NwxpdH

Since I do enjoy a good plunge team, I may need to consider levelling my own C6 Lynette once I finally got around to levelling Xiao first though. xD I also need to retry my Kazuha pyro plunge team now that he is C2. At C0 he was a monster in that team and the Abyss was a breeze, I wonder what he can do now.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
I just saw an amazing Abyss run on Youtube and wanted to share it. C6 Lynette anemo infusion plunge team. Who needs Xiao when you can do this damage wow, I did not expect those numbers from Lynette. C6 Faruzan, a Furina and a good Xianyun needed of course, but super impressive.
C6 Lynette is really good, played her on my wife's account.

I'm praying to get at least SOME of her cons this time.

How the Version 4 Event Disparity has felt.
New_Project.png
4.7 remains as the last hope for Sumeru lol. Else, I think it'll be the first time an entire region got shafted this hard in a cycle.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How the Version 4 Event Disparity has felt.

New_Project.png

Isn't Inazuma actually event-wise even worse off than Sumeru. I feel there is hardly anything happening there. And if we meet Inazuma characters once in a while it is not even in Inazuma but in Fontaine or Liyue.

Also:
#FreeThoma
#ThomaFamilyReunion
#AyaToPrison

Inazuma and Sumeru feel like they get very little. We keep going back to Mondstadt but nothing is ever happening over there.

Mondstadt is home, that's why we always go back there. I really enjoy going there back once in a while.
What it really needs is an expansion though. In that regard it feels like the poor stepchild among all other nations.

Last edited:

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Manifesting the second half 4 stars to be Faruzan, Kaveh and Layla (would like to see Chevreuse also but that's too impossible)

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
Isn't Inazuma actually event-wise even worse off than Sumeru. I feel there is hardly anything happening there. And if we meet Inazuma characters once ina while it is not even in Inazuma but in Fontaine or Liyue.

Also:
#FreeThoma
#ThomaMondstadt
#ThomaFamilyReunion
#AyatoToPrison

Mondstadt is home, that's why we always go back there. I really enjoy going there back once in a while.
What it really needs is an expansion though. In that regard it feels like the poor stepchild among all other nations.

Inazuma is at least the focus of the 4.6 main event, even if it's another Itto focused one. lol

The most Sumeru has actually gotten so far since 4.0 is Dori, Faruzan and Layla pearing on the final day of the cooking event. Cyno's Story Quest will be the first proper time we've done anything in Sumeru this since 3.8.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Kaveh to come back with a event if he's not second half
Traveler and Paimon will grow so powerful that after a world quest that entire expansion will be removed.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Judging by how they did Chenyu Vale, the contrast between the expansion and the old Mondstadt map will be so stupidly jarring it'll spawn a whole stash of comparison images and memes. It'll be like maps from two entirely different games smashed together.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Inazuma actually event-wise even worse off than Sumeru. I feel there is hardly anything happening there. And if we meet Inazuma characters once in a while it is not even in Inazuma but in Fontaine or Liyue.

Even the characters from Inazuma don't want to be there :p

Monstadt just seems so barren, there's so little points of interest on the map compared to the later regions.

Maybe when they add Dornman Port, Monstadt will get a shot in the arm.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Mondstat getting a new are will be pretty fun. Genshin game design has changed a lot so itll be a nice contrast.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Judging by how they did Chenyu Vale, the contrast between the expansion and the old Mondstadt map will be so stupidly jarring it'll spawn a whole stash of comparison images and memes. It'll be like maps from two entirely different games smashed together.

Mondstat getting a new are will be pretty fun. Genshin game design has changed a lot so itll be a nice contrast.

I still have some hope that when the inevitable Mondstadt expansion finally releases, they'll also spruce up the rest of Mondstadt a little. Give environments a little texture and polygon update, add a few more non-named NPCs to the city...that sort of stuff.
A hard border of 2020 mobile game Mondstadt and 2025 PS5Pro/PC game Mondstadt would just be too jarring, lol.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Tomorrow's the day. Finally out of the ho hum patch.

I'm so iffy on Sigewinne. If she was full Melusine = instant pull. I find all the constant humans to be a bit boring lately.

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
Genshin needs playable full melusines/ furries/ kemono characters. There - I said it.

NhCUPQj.png

We came so close.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Finally managed to migrate Gorou from a Husk set to a The Exile set and my mono Geo team instantly felt better.

Crazy how a 4* star artifact set > 5* artifact set options in this case

it was a pain to do too because I'd gotten rid of all my 4* artifact set pieces and it's not something that's easily farmable

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they directly said someone would unalive themselves.
Like not even "mysteriously disappear" or "take their own life".

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished everything up in Sumeru (aside from a few chests and dendro which I'll go back to when I unlock the compass and tracker) and started Fontaine proper and is it just me or did they change the writer? The reason I ask is because
the Traveler kind of...acted like a jerk. Like, a lot of their responses just didn't fit the character as I knew them so far. For instance, how they reacted to Lyney/Lynette when they found out that they were Fatui. I get that Fatui is a sore subject for them, but it's not as though they didn't just literally finish an interaction being all buddy-buddy with Childe who's a legit FATUI HARBINGER responsible for the near destruction of Liyue Harbour or anything. And the backstory for both Lyney and Lynette were a lot more understanding than anything from Childe so far. It really felt that they never had a choice in the matter at all, and were genuinely interested in just doing good. They didn't deserve a lot of the responses the Traveler gave them. I tried to be as nice as I could in my responses, but the game really didn't give me much options most of the times.

Also, the way they treated Navia. She came out all happy after the trial ended, and Traveler was like "Nah, not my problem". I've always considered the Traveler as someone who, while they have the goal of finding their sibling, also puts stuff aside to help others and when there's legit evidence of people disappearing and/or turning into pools of water, it seems off-putting for them to just shrug it off and load it on someone else. And then when Navia offered the meal to them, they were all "Sure, I'll eat the food but then it's goodbye forever, thanks for nothing."

I dunno, it just felt weird to me. Maybe the other Acts are better.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
I finally finished everything up in Sumeru (aside from a few chests and dendro which I'll go back to when I unlock the compass and tracker) and started Fontaine proper and is it just me or did they change the writer? The reason I ask is because
the Traveler kind of...acted like a jerk. Like, a lot of their responses just didn't fit the character as I knew them so far. For instance, how they reacted to Lyney/Lynette when they found out that they were Fatui. I get that Fatui is a sore subject for them, but it's not as though they didn't just literally finish an interaction being all buddy-buddy with Childe who's a legit FATUI HARBINGER responsible for the near destruction of Liyue Harbour or anything. And the backstory for both Lyney and Lynette were a lot more understanding than anything from Childe so far. It really felt that they never had a choice in the matter at all, and were genuinely interested in just doing good. They didn't deserve a lot of the responses the Traveler gave them. I tried to be as nice as I could in my responses, but the game really didn't give me much options most of the times.

Also, the way they treated Navia. She came out all happy after the trial ended, and Traveler was like "Nah, not my problem". I've always considered the Traveler as someone who, while they have the goal of finding their sibling, also puts stuff aside to help others and when there's legit evidence of people disappearing and/or turning into pools of water, it seems off-putting for them to just shrug it off and load it on someone else. And then when Navia offered the meal to them, they were all "Sure, I'll eat the food but then it's goodbye forever, thanks for nothing."

I dunno, it just felt weird to me. Maybe the other Acts are better.

I enjoyed reading your impression. Looking forward to your impression of Act 2 and later Acts.

I have my problem with how the traveler acted in Fontaine AQ as well. Especially in the middle acts where I wanted to bang my head against the monitor multiple times because the action of the traveler was so drastically different from what I wanted.

That said, in term of emotional height, Fontaine AQ as a whole is my favorite in the game. Almost every plot point set up in earlier acts got proper explanation/conclusion in the end.

Maybe the other Acts are better.

Did you not enjoy Act 1? Or just being bothered by one aspect of it (how the traveler acted). Not to judge, just curious because I'm confused by this sentence.

Last edited:

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Since maintenance is usually done earlier at this time tomorrow I'll probably be pulling for Arle.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy reading for impression. Looking forward to your impression of Act 2 and later Act.

I have my problem with how the traveler acted in Fontaine AQ as well. Especially in the middle acts where I wanted to bang my head against the monitor multiple times because the action of the traveler was so drastically different from what I wanted.

That said, in term of emotional height, Fontaine AQ as a whole is my favorite in the game. Almost every plot point setup in earlier act get proper explanation/conclusion in the end.

Did you not enjoy Act 1? Or just bothered by one aspect of it (how the traveler acted). Not to judge, just curious because I'm confused by this sentence.
Oh no, I enjoyed Act 1 a lot. The trial stuff was super interesting, and Furina was a pleasure. It was basically just how Traveler acted, it was very off-putting for me. Felt like a different character.

When I said that I hoped other acts were better, I meant more in the way they acted and not the quality of the writing as a whole. Sorry for the confusion.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I noticed a lot of the options for traveler in this and trailblazer in hsr are just being a dick yeah. Frequently you'll only have options that are varying levels of asshole and there's been a consistent characterization through dialogue choices of paimon/traveler only interested in everything theyre doing for the loot. Maybe a veiled jab at the playerbase running gacha quests >>

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I liked the demo but not one of my favorites. I think Neuvillette still had the best Fontaine demo.