El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah i used it sometimes when I wanted to be done with friendship of a character. I just don't have the 3 crystal often or want to use 10 resin on that.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
well i didnt think it would roll thaaat well
well-than.png

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Hoyoverse is indeed evil.
I'm collecting the last remaining chests in the Sea of Bygone Eras, and at least a third of all chests there demands you to murder a family of sea creatures for it.
When Fontaine started only a few chests demanded you to murder sea creatures, then there was already a significant jump in the patch where the big Tower was added, and now we are at least 1/3 of all chests.
Where will it end?! D:
You get used to it.

View: https://i.imgur.com/1fEw4lq.mp4

Even when there is no chest now. They put tools for you near it, gotta use them.
well i didnt think it would roll thaaat well
well-than.png
Congrats!! Send it to my Raiden now even if I'd have to find a new off piece to not ruin her set.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Not as bad as I was expecting, but I'm using two of the hardest hitters. I'm also still hoping they'll display constellations on the results page in a future hoyolab update.

F2vunro.jpg

It's still really annoying when you're button mashing on controller and clear a chamber, but the same button press kicks you out of abyss =_= (I'm too used to it to change layout).

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i used it sometimes when I wanted to be done with friendship of a character. I just don't have the 3 crystal often or want to use 10 resin on that.

Me neither, but I was curious about how I would feel after crafting ONE batch of 6 rocks for 10 resin! 😆

Didn't feel TOO bad, but I couldn't rationalize using, say, a days resin for 96 M.E.O.'s…

Though if I had no desire to get any pages, talents, money, or artifacts one day, I at least could put the resin to quick and easy use now that the cap is 99,999 lol.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'll be that lucky with a ER% sands one day. I do want it to happen on a EoSF piece. The best double crit ER% sands on my main is this one

YI1uykw.jpg

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't get talked about as much now but man Navia is such a strong unit. Even without a pyro unit she's comfortable on the first side thanksto her alignment. I may also have to go for Navia first side Keqing second side.

Also I respect anyone who can run Keqing's best team as efficiently as this. I can do it but it's nowhere near as comfortable for me as this guy made it look. I have to run prototype amber at the very least. The sac sword Kazuha is smart as it gives you more time in the air. Maybe that's the key. My Xingqiu has abandoned his sac sword now he's in a double hydro Arle team.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Q9HXoHCU4
I have a Candace C6. How does she work with Arle? I legit forget what she does.
I'm gonna ask the same on Candace and what Set/Weapons to go for.
Basically use her stuff last in the rotation (right before Arle comes in). E then Q. Her Q provides aoe hydro as you attack and the rest of her kit provides additional damage to normals based on her hp. I'm not sure what set though. I would assume NO but Bennett could be running that if you're running him.

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
spiral_abyss-may-1-2024.png

My setup this time around. Yeah, was a bit tougher than the other 4.x Spiral Abyss runs, but mostly just that Chamber 2 Second half. Double Herald/Lectors is always a major pain in the butt. And yeah, Chamber 3 second half was a joke in comparison XD

I originally had Nahida and Kirara in the opposite teams, but couldn't take out the Lector's shields in time. Nahida applies so much more dendro that it was pretty easy to take them out after the swap. On the other side... Honestly, that team does so much damage that the lack of Nahida didn't really slow things down much, and C4+ Kirara still applies dendro often enough that you get a good amount of dendro cores spawning for hyperbloom from Yae, and her shield helps a bit when Noelle's shield is down too. Noelle also smashes up Coppelius's cryo shield pretty fast, with some extra hits to the shield from Yae's turrets.

Overall, not so bad. I have a hard time deciding if Abyss is just easier than 3.x or if I just have better characters/artifacts. Probably a bit of both.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna ask the same on Candace and what Set/Weapons to go for.

Looks like she needs high ER to keep bursting all the time, and as much HP as possible to maximize her "per 1,000 HP" damage bonus.

Favonius if not enough ER, or Black Tassel to max HP.

She just boosts Normal Attacks and if able to infuses the on screen character with a hydro.

Tenacity/Emblem

Or 4pc Noblesse, or HP/HP artifacts.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
spiral_abyss-may-1-2024.png

My setup this time around. Yeah, was a bit tougher than the other 4.x Spiral Abyss runs, but mostly just that Chamber 2 Second half. Double Herald/Lectors is always a major pain in the butt. And yeah, Chamber 3 second half was a joke in comparison XD

I originally had Nahida and Kirara in the opposite teams, but couldn't take out the Lector's shields in time. Nahida applies so much more dendro that it was pretty easy to take them out after the swap. On the other side... Honestly, that team does so much damage that the lack of Nahida didn't really slow things down much, and C4+ Kirara still applies dendro often enough that you get a good amount of dendro cores spawning for hyperbloom from Yae, and her shield helps a bit when Noelle's shield is down too. Noelle also smashes up Coppelius's cryo shield pretty fast, with some extra hits to the shield from Yae's turrets.

Overall, not so bad. I have a hard time deciding if Abyss is just easier than 3.x or if I just have better characters/artifacts. Probably a bit of both.
Those are some interesting teams. The first side is really original. I've not seen that before. And the second half is interesting opting for Yelan over Xingqiu (unless you have her C2). I'm assuming the idea is to vape the burning with Yelan?

Don't suppose you record your runs? I would be interested to see that first side.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Getting to finally use Candace in a team that actually works well for her
i_used_to_pray_for_times_like_this_cover.jpg

Genuinely happy she gets a chance to shine cause design wise she's one of my favorite characters. I have to still build her more and invest in her but still super happy.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Arlecchino has no voice lines about Hat Guy.
I really think his inclusion was a mistake.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Arlecchino has no voice lines about Hat Guy.
I really think his inclusion was a mistake.
in the animated trailer?

Him being erased from history and rewritten out of it does not mean the original history that we can see did not exist at the time. Being rewritten later != did not happen.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Oh wow, the portable power saw has a really cool ousia effect when Navia is holding it. Too bad the weapon sucks on her but it looks cool.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Finally got Chevreuse!
Got her from Father's weapon banner so at least something I want came out of this scam bullshit.

Oh wow, the portable power saw has a really cool ousia effect when Navia is holding it. Too bad the weapon sucks on her but it looks cool.
Oh right, I also just got this from the weapon banner. I'll still put it on Navia regardless because it looks good on her lol.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
So I actually played this a bit today and I thought I was going crazy because the game seems like it looks a lot better than it already did. Come to find out they added blobal illumination to the engine. What a huge upgrade.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Hoyo sucks because they made both of these mechanical themed HP% claymores

latest
latest

then made a Claymore user whose trait is his love for mechanics and it even uses one of those swords in his art

But then proceed to not add any kind of HP scaling in his kit that would make any of those swords viable on him.

nss

Apr 10, 2018
Wow this Abyss was the most difficult for me in a while. Eventually got through. I couldn't use Arlecchino as her artifacts are not great, also have found her more difficult to play than anticipated as I keep dying with her in the overworld lol.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get some artifacts for Clorinde and this domain hates my guts but at least I am feeding the trash to a Gladiator set I had there and it looks promising a bit

ryvwoFi.png

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
Those are some interesting teams. The first side is really original. I've not seen that before. And the second half is interesting opting for Yelan over Xingqiu (unless you have her C2). I'm assuming the idea is to vape the burning with Yelan?

Don't suppose you record your runs? I would be interested to see that first side.
I figure sometimes my setups are a little unusual, and I feel I play pretty sloppily as I often forget to use bursts XD I've found my own little play style with the game and rarely pay attention to what the "meta" is. My play style is basically "Shields + Off field damage" (Although I still try to dodge even with shields up, since I don't want to get bad at dodging when I'm left without a shield). I do consider reactions sometimes, but to me it's more about having everyone in the PT dealing damage at once rather than buffing a single unit... It's just more relaxing and casual for me to play that way, although that's not always possible to pull off. I just try to come up with teams that work in most situations, with some character swapping here and there. I use Albedo often too for his off field damage as well, he just wasn't as useful this time in Abyss.

But to get the full picture, my thought process was something like this:
  • C6 Kirara: Her C4 deals a small dendro attack every 4ish seconds when someone normal attacks (Noelle in this case) while her Dendro shield is up, which helps keep dendro getting applied to stuff. It's not amazing application, but it's enough to generate cores decently (Or keep aggrivate going). This attack counts as "burst" damage for some reason (Likely to make her more incompatible with Millelith set), and can proc the deepwood set for the 30% Dendro shred constantly (Which applies to bloom/hyperbloom). Being C6, everyone in the PT also gets a 12% elemental DMG boost every time she uses her skill or burst for 15s (So full up time), further amplifying everyones damage. It helps make up for the res shred Zhongli has at times. She's in an HP build for shield strength.
  • C6 Noelle: Team wide heals, shield, and hits like a truck. She's my main "on field" character in this party. She's really a jack of all trades and is often my go to character when I'm not sure who to slot into a party. Since Furina was added though, she often gets paired with her. Geo is kinda a neutral element, so she's often always usable in most fights.
  • C3 Furina: While her burst is great, I actually pulled her more for the off field damage she does. But yeah, her role is pretty simple, just damage and buffs.
  • C6 Yae Miko: My favorite off field character, hence the C6 XD I often try to pair her with Dendro for Quickening or Hyperbloom. Just does a ton of damage, and I'll even play her on field in situations where I have Aggrivate applied, especially with Xianyun giving Yae super plunge attacks.
I just try to keep Kirara's shield up for the dendro application, use Yae's and Furina's skill, Furina's burst, and then pop Noelle's shield and burst. Then just normal attack as much as I can while reapplying shields/skills as the battle goes on. Deepwood Dendro shred, Hyperblooms making use of said shred, and just a lot of off field damage in general. For the other side, it's a bit more simple:
  • C2 Nahida: Off field damage, DEF shred, dendro application for cores or aggrivate.
  • C0 Zhongli: Shield and res shred, some bursts. Same ol' Zhongli, nothing unique here XD
  • C0 Yelan: I usually don't use her for reactions, and when I do, it's for bloom/hyperbloom. Yelan is another off field damage dealer to me, where each of hit burst hits are doing 10-15k I think (So potentially 30-45k per "round")? But yeah, it allows for the occational vape I think, but it often mixes with the dendo to produce cores instead. Which is fine, since you get Burgeon for extra bits of damage with Arlecchino, although it's probably not much since Arlecchino doesn't have much EM.
  • C0 Arlecchino: Just big numbers and damage :P
Not much going on in the 2nd team... I think I get vapes sometimes, but I know I see burgeons sometimes too. Things just die eventually XD I generally try to start with Arle's skill, then Zhongli Shield, Nahida skill, Yelan skill then burst, then go to town with Arle. With Dendro/Hydro/Pyro happening all at once all the time, the boss on the last floor basically never had his shield up. Obviously with Arle being a new char, I often forget to use her skill at the start, I somehow always forget Nahida's burst even though it'd help a lot with the times Burgeon goes off and so forth.

Why not Xingqui? I just don't really like him (His character, how he plays and "feels"). I've had him C6 since 1.x and I've never leveled him past Lv60. I've never tried to get good artifacts for him. In fact, part of the reason I have Yelan is because I realised I already had a good artifact set leveled for her (I often level artifacts that have potential, whether I need 'em or not), and her banner was coming up at the time (Feb 7th 2023 apparently?). That's it, heh.

Basically, at the end of the day, these teams are kinda just brute force for the win, probably.

I haven't made a recording of THIS Abyss, but I have a few uploaded to YouTube for previous ones. I can try making a recording of it, but I can't promise I'll get one uploaded since this Abyss is more annoying. I think I beat the Lechtors with 3 seconds to spare. And again, I play pretty sloppily so there might be some face palming as well, haha.

I got most of my built characters on Akasha if you're curious about the artifacts.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Seriously this game hates me, lost out weapon pity again , to the bow this time. I'll finally give up now and maybe wait for daily 90 and do quests and find chests for the low chance I'll get lucky and get a 5 star earlyish.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously this game hates me, lost out weapon pity again , to the bow this time. I'll finally give up now and maybe wait for daily 90 and do quests and find chests for the low chance I'll get lucky and get a 5 star earlyish.

The bow is a universal bow, it may not be the best for everyone but it's among the top few choices for many.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Screw it, I'll pull for Arlecchino and her weapon.

Well… lost my 50/50 for Arle, I guess I'll wait for her rerun then.

Yes I got Arlecchino.

Wish me luck , I'm pulling for Arlecchino's weapon now.

Well this game hates me , lost the 50/50 on the weapon but at least it was another polearm.

Behold, ladies and gentlemen, the saga of Baphomet. And perhaps there is still yet another chapter to this tale?