Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
its so awful waiting for a specific characters first banner! its like time has slowed down 😭

Ive waited all this time but this last month is going to be excruciating

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
its so awful waiting for a specific characters first banner! its like time has slowed down 😭

Ive waited all this time but this last month is going to be excruciating
That is how I have felt waiting all this time for Alhaitham. I hope his banner reruns soon.
The wait for Cyno and Nahida was also excruciating. I had started the game and knew right away I wanted them but it took so long. xD

crimsonECHIDNA

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
if Hoyo weren't cowards

c939e33f07dd98218ca4ae2ce8a80e2d_8215280299903907072.jpg

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And Baizhu works well with him but I just do not like him much lol. Maybe if he did not have the glasses, exposed stomach and damn capri pants I could stomach pulling him.
I like how you don't care for Baizhu while I consider Qiqi the enemy. Perfect balance in the universe~
Even I'll admit to not being much of a fan of his look though... I'm banking on him someday getting an alternate Pantalone outfit.

also, look at that unworthy mutt 🤭
vanderpump-side-eye.gif

The wolf king seeks neither glory nor fame, yet stands strong and fierce all the same.
The wolf king needs not praise nor pander, while the old otters cry and spread their slander.
The wolf king has his loyal pack, and knows they'll always have his back.

kpup

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Finally leveled my nilou and stuck nahida on the team, and the damage from cores is no joke. But it's also getting my nahida killed a lot since i'm using her on field and don't have any other dendro characters really leveled. I'll have to play around and see who I like on the team with kokomi (yaoyao? kaveh? kirara?) to get more survivability.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Finally leveled my nilou and stuck nahida on the team, and the damage from cores is no joke. But it's also getting my nahida killed a lot since i'm using her on field and don't have any other dendro characters really leveled. I'll have to play around and see who I like on the team with kokomi (yaoyao? kaveh? kirara?) to get more survivability.

Nilou, Kokomi, Nahida, Yaoyao
Use Kokomi on field

kpup

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'll try it out, I'm guessing Kokomi wants em for on field, since yaoyao can share some of the healing?

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
I unironically love using Kokomi onfield on an Hyperbloom team with Furina lol. Just did it on the current event.

Everything I hear about Nilou seems VERY interesting. I'll try her rerun.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Currently running Arle Nilou for the hydro AOE that moves :)

I'll try it out, I'm guessing Kokomi wants em for on field, since yaoyao can share some of the healing?

imo more important than the artifacts is Sacrificial Fragments, it's the only way I'd recommend her so she can move the jellyfish around, you'll get EM from that
I couldn't be bothered to move her off HP/Clam as I have Key which gives the team EM too and it still clears, but you can if you want to. You could even change Nahida to Gilded Dreams and Kokomi or Yaoyao to Deepwood if you really want.

crimsonECHIDNA

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
Oh I didn't realise the Abyss had changed, how poopy is it

Second half has elemental checks so you'll want a flexible team. 12-2-2 has double Electro Lectors while 12-3-2 has the Iniquitous Baptist with it's Pyro, Cryo and Hydro Shields.

Hyperbloom/Burgeon, Spread, National, can all clear it well enough. Arlecchino has no issues with either side.

First you kind of want a team that has some good AOE so again National, Arlecchino, Nilou Bloom. Second chamber has Coppellius so both Ayaka and Xiao are kind of cringe for this side unless you can brute force it.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Thought this Abyss cycle was easier than the previous one, at least for Arle, had to replace her with Hu Tao in one of the floors in the previous one, not in this one. Besides Neuv/Furina team steam rolls everything, throw Raiden to top up their bursts, and also deal some dmg for the cherry on the top, they made short work out of the baptist dude.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Second half has elemental checks so you'll want a flexible team. 12-2-2 has double Electro Lectors while 12-3-2 has the Iniquitous Baptist with it's Pyro, Cryo and Hydro Shields.

Hyperbloom/Burgeon, Spread, National, can all clear it well enough. Arlecchino has no issues with either side.

First you kind of want a team that has some good AOE so again National, Arlecchino, Nilou Bloom. Second chamber has Coppellius so both Ayaka and Xiao are kind of cringe for this side unless you can brute force it.

Just went and did it before reading, did
Neuv, Furina, Raiden, Baizhu, the ol' reliable
Arle, Xingqiu, Zhongli, Yelan

If it weren't for Baptist Man I'd say this was a Venti Abyss

Definitely the worst abyss yet in 4.X. in terms of annoyance. So many waves of trash. But doesn't touch the trash of late 3.X.
That will happen when the tactical cringe beasts return...

I initially went in with Bennett but fuck circle impact, I hate chasing mobs around the arena.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
That is how I have felt waiting all this time for Alhaitham. I hope his banner reruns soon.
The wait for Cyno and Nahida was also excruciating. I had started the game and knew right away I wanted them but it took so long. xD

Seeing as Alhaitham and Wrio are listed as "special guests" in the new endgame thing that don't have to be anemo/pyro/electro, he's probably rerunning next patch
The real question is, if that's true where the heck is Shenhe

Last edited:

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I do want Shenhe happening but Clorinde has priority and I'd prefer to save for Natlan. I don't really need extra constellations but It would be nice if she showed up again.

Second DualSense down on the d-pad still doesn't want to work. Good thing my first one is fine even with a little drift.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Completely forgot that a new month means the free pulls
Just got C6 Sara off standard, thank god, it's been fucking years. Maybe I'll finally use her now.

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
Father being able to go off-field and back without losing her Pyro infusion is such a game changer. You can keep the infusion for long periods while exploring. Pure quality of life.
more comfortable timing aside a huge component to how good it feels is that the buff isnt dropped when swapping out

buffs should not be lost on swap

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Currently running Arle Nilou for the hydro AOE that moves :)
...That works suprisingly well :O
Maybe that's gonna be my go-to AoE Arle team for now, lol.
Had an easier time against the Lectors than with Arle Double Hydro thanks to Kazoo and Nilou, though it doesn't have enough single-target damage against the Baptist, unfortunately. I could probably make it work somehow with enough practice, but Double Hydro is just much faster.

The Battle Chronicle updated only partially so now there's a snapshot of all 3 team comps I tried, lol.
3HP4iV7.png

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
more comfortable timing aside a huge component to how good it feels is that the buff isnt dropped when swapping out

buffs should not be lost on swap
IIRC, the more Bond of Life she has, the harder she hits due to that buff, right?

Because I started loving to see that red outline on my HP bar. When it falls below 40% I start marking enemies with Blood Debt Directive even if I already marked them before. When a new enemy wave comes I always mark everyone, even if BoL is already near full. And the best part: if they end up dying before I collect the Directives, I gain that sweet BoL anyway.

Truly a Kylo Ren moment. More. I need more. MORE!!

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think the usage rates are somewhat reasonable, since people completing Abyss consistently are prolly more likely to submit, but the holding rates are less than worthless.
For instance, Kazuha banners run consistently with some of the lowest months of revenue for the game, yet more people have him than Nahida, Venti, or Raiden, whose banners coincided with some of the highest revenue the game has ever seen?
We will never know anything resembling per banner sales, but ok.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I think the usage rates are somewhat reasonable, since people completing Abyss consistently are prolly more likely to submit, but the holding rates are less than worthless.
For instance, Kazuha banners run consistently with some of the lowest months of revenue for the game, yet more people have him than Nahida, Venti, or Raiden, whose banners coincided with some of the highest revenue the game has ever seen?
We will never know anything resembling per banner sales, but ok.

Spending doesn't equal total pulling, at C0 he's gonna be top of the list of target pulls for F2Ps who don't spend. Or just put in welkins for a month. Which will be a huge amount of the playerbase.
Unless Hoyo ever releases total ownership rates we are never going to know the actual popularity of the characters, spending will be too tipped by weapons and constellations, not the character themselves. So atm community polls are what we have.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Spending doesn't equal total pulling, at C0 he's gonna be top of the list of target pulls for F2Ps who don't spend. Or just put in welkins for a month. Which will be a huge amount of the playerbase.
Right, there's no way to know, since we'll never know banner pull rates, but the same could be stated for any other character.
What we do know is that spending is always lower when Kazuha has rerun, but has been higher when those other units reran.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Got my 9 stars on floor 12. It took a while though because I was being stubborn. I can't run Keqing and Childe together because they both need Kazuha and I don't like Sucrose that much. But I wanted to do it this abyss so I opted to run Keqing, Zhongli, Nahida, and Fischl on side one and Childe International on side two.

The Keqing team was weirdly efficient, clearing the first two chambers in under a minute, but it still felt weird to play because I'm so used to the Kazuha team.

What was slowing me down was I kept missplaying and dying with Childe International. I definitely got a lot better at the team through this. I found a rotation that worked for me, and I gave Xiangling The Catch even though I run ER sands. I think I definitely want to pick up Engulfing Lightning for her next time it's on banner.

Anyways it cleared in the end. It's nice to have a use for Zhongli again. He's my backup guy for Keqing's team and Arle's team.

Is it from now that we're only going to get the abyss repeat once rather than twice? I like to clear it with all my teams so I'll have to start doing 2 runs per reset if so.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Right, there's no way to know, since we'll never know banner pull rates, but the same could be stated for any other character.
What we do know is that spending is always lower when Kazuha has rerun, but has been higher when those other units reran.

On Genshinlab's chart his first rerun was 8/32 even alongside Klee rerun 2 and right before Sumeru's release jumping 18 spots from his original banner.
Nowadays that first rerun sits at 16/61.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Double Hydro Arle is real good when XQ and Yelan's energy issues don't creep up. Did that on the event today.

Since wife doesn't have John Lee, we put in Layla on his place. And it really works.

When we're feeling bold, I think we will forgo the shield entirely, and try to swap in Raiden on Layla's place.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
On Genshinlab's chart his first rerun was 8/32 even alongside Klee rerun 2 and right before Sumeru's release jumping 18 spots from his original banner.
Nowadays that first rerun sits at 16/61.
GenshinLab is also completely unreliable. They gave no real methodology and just throw random figures at the wall.
The only way to get an extremely rough estimate right now is to look at the monthly revenues from Sensor Tower, compile and compare all the various characters with their other runs, to get an extremely rough ballpark (not into actual amounts). Every month Kazuha has run has been on the lower end, with the exception of his first rerun (July 2022). However, all Genshin Impact revenue was much higher than it is now, during 2.X, and July 2022 was on the lower end of revenue earned during the 2.X period (August 2022 was the lowest of that period, but that's still higher than some middling months nowadays).

kmadison

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 8, 2024
Got my 9 stars on floor 12. It took a while though because I was being stubborn. I can't run Keqing and Childe together because they both need Kazuha and I don't like Sucrose that much. But I wanted to do it this abyss so I opted to run Keqing, Zhongli, Nahida, and Fischl on side one and Childe International on side two.

The Keqing team was weirdly efficient, clearing the first two chambers in under a minute, but it still felt weird to play because I'm so used to the Kazuha team.

What was slowing me down was I kept missplaying and dying with Childe International. I definitely got a lot better at the team through this. I found a rotation that worked for me, and I gave Xiangling The Catch even though I run ER sands. I think I definitely want to pick up Engulfing Lightning for her next time it's on banner.

Anyways it cleared in the end. It's nice to have a use for Zhongli again. He's my backup guy for Keqing's team and Arle's team.

Is it from now that we're only going to get the abyss repeat once rather than twice? I like to clear it with all my teams so I'll have to start doing 2 runs per reset if so.
If you have her, Navia makes an awesome Kazuha substitute for Keqing's team. I was lukewarm on getting Navia accidentally but now love her as quickswap support.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Playing Arlecchino without shields can be a bit spicy sometimes but i really like the risk and reward of of it all, but there are times where she kinda needs a shield (i am looking at you Rocky) and since i don't have Zhongli i had to improvise, the best options i found were Layla, her shield is pretty good and her cryo application is a nice bonus plus her C4 boosts normal attacks, and another character that ended up working surprisingly well for mono pyro teams is Yanfei weirdly enough, her C4 actually gives her one of the best shields in the game, so i just turned her into a shield bot with a ton of hp and energy recharge and as an added bonus you can equip thrilling tales on her and turn her into a solid buffer too.

Banshee

Oct 27, 2017
Missouri
The idea of using Yanfei as a shielder is definitely sparking my interest a bit. Wouldn't hate an excuse to use my original main for something…

…but, on that topic, with no Zhonger, who would y'all suggest as the better shielder in a vape team with Arle? My shielder options are a C6 Yanfei, C6 Beidoui, C5 Thoma, and C1 Layla. I have all the 4 stars, just not many constellations for any others, but I'll take some recs.

For the rest of the team I'm currently leaning toward Yelan and Xingqiu fwiw. C1 and C6 respectively. Appreciate any recs!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Grinding artifacts for Arle is fucking suffering.

Really doesn't help that the other artifact in the domain is good on no one (must be for a future Natlan character).