crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gatorland
2024-05-23-10-55-52.png

Right at the 64% sweet spot for the Crit Rate. Though with Xianyun's passive, I will be overcapping just a bit lol

I should probably finally start farming Navia's domain so I can get her on her proper 4piece set. Been running her on a 2pc/2pc all this time.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks Buttons. My final step now for my Xiao team is pulling Crane's Echoing Call next time its on banner.
Once I pull my Alhaitham and build him Xiao is actually next on my build list.

He should be pretty much ready to go once levelled. I can use my Wanderer's desert pavillion set or my Klee/Gaming's MH set until I farm Xiao his own set and my Xianyun and Faruzan are both built and ready to support him. Just need to level Xiao and his PJWS. :D

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wuthering Waves has potential. Let's not act as if Genshin was perfect at launch either. I'll give it 6 months to get some of the wrinkles ironed out. Story.... might take longer. Genshin wasn't great until Sumeru, and Kuro's previous game, Punishing Gray Raven, also took a year for the story to get somewhat decent.

Console version being TBD is going to hurt in in the west and maybe JP though.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wuthering Waves has potential. Let's not act as if Genshin was perfect at launch either. I'll give it 6 months to get some of the wrinkles ironed out. Story.... might take longer. Genshin wasn't great until Sumeru, and Kuro's previous game, Punishing Gray Raven, also took a year for the story to get somewhat decent.

1.0 of Genshin was significantly more polished than what I experienced in WW

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh Im having more fun playing Wuthering Waves than I did Genshin at release.

Probably because playing Genshin for years helped solidify the concepts.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I played like 6 hours of WW today and everything feels like dollar store genshin. Mihoyo definitely isn't gonna be sweating. Shame because they could actually use some competition. Guess Project Mugen is gonna be the next thing people latch onto lol
Hmm the combat at least offers more player expression than Genshin. You can literally count on 1 hand the amount of characters that offer that in Genshin because the core mechanics are simple (not that that's a bad thing).

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm the combat at least offers more player expression than Genshin. You can literally count on 1 hand the amount of characters that offer that in Genshin because the core mechanics are simple (not that that's a bad thing).
There's more mechanical execution involved which I like. Combat felt pretty good. I kinda doubt it will have anywhere near the amount of depth in the systems and team building though. Elemental reactions and synergies adds so much complexity to genshin's combat system that mihoyo sadly doesn't take advantage of much in the content itself

kmadison

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 8, 2024
Is this abyss supposed to be tailor made for arlechino? I'm having a hard time getting any of her teams to feel great on either side. The best I can do with her is running
arl, bennett, navia, zhongli top side
and
yanfei (tankmode), yelen, xianling, kazuha on 2nd side

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Virtua Teyvat
s3aY4Bp.jpeg

Woops nearly forgot about weekly boss battle. Got three drops from Father Arle.

Is this abyss supposed to be tailor made for arlechino? I'm having a hard time getting any of her teams to feel great on either side. The best I can do with her is running
arl, bennett, navia, zhongli top side
and
yanfei (tankmode), yelen, xianling, kazuha on 2nd side

The current blessing doesn't provide buff for Pyro which the prior blessing does.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
There's more mechanical execution involved which I like. Combat felt pretty good. I kinda doubt it will have anywhere near the amount of depth in the systems and team building though. Elemental reactions and synergies adds so much complexity to genshin's combat system that mihoyo sadly doesn't take advantage of much in the content itself
I think the problem is that Genshin's depths are all in team building. When it comes to actually playing the reactions are really straightforward, in large part because of how they've designed the characters. For example Diluc and Hu Tao perfectly synergising with Xingqiu and Yelan, rather than requiring the player to actually time their attacks.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah after playing WuWa I think Hoyo doesn't have to be worried lol. It's better than ToF but, man, outside of combat it has no sauce.

Genshin's start isn't amazing but I wasn't bored and button mashing through every bit of text.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I think my biggest disappointment is they looked at the non-existent character that is the traveler and said "yeah, he is him". Wish they had learned from Genshin mistakes and gone with an actual mc.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
I think my biggest disappointment is they looked at the non-existent character that is the traveler and said "yeah, he is him". Wish they had learned from Genshin mistakes and gone with an actual mc.
even hoyo seemed to learn from themselves considering how much more personality the trailblazer has in Star Rail

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Yeah after playing WuWa I think Hoyo doesn't have to be worried lol. It's better than ToF but, man, outside of combat it has no sauce.

Genshin's start isn't amazing but I wasn't bored and button mashing through every bit of text.
Yup, i played it a couple of hours yesterday, i kinda feel the only thing it's got going for it is the combat, everything else fell flat for me.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It just feels like it's missing it's own identity from what I've played so far. PGR managed to feel distinct enough even though it was taking notes from HI3rd and Nier Automata, but it feels like WuWa just isn't going far enough. Hopefully they can push it farther as they go and find their footing better. Oh and also fix all the jank

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Today I will totally get good artifacts! I'll do the Garcia quest for encounter points since yesterday after finding him I actually just used the event stuff.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
After so many hours of playing Wuthering Waves today I just logged on to do my dailies in Genshin and god damn it, this game is gorgeous. Buttery smooth movement, camera, vibrant colours, amazing character designs and art direction and everything is just so polished. We must cherish what we have. <3

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
maybe today i will get a decent piece for Wanderer.

did get a EM goblet for FoPL..yesterday but that doesn't help me in the present

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I'll just get bad luck in WuWa to boost my Genshin Luck! Clorinde will be my next single pull!
I am excited for the stream tomorrow, praying Alhaitham's banner is in two weeks. I am so excited for him lol, I have been waiting a year now for him. I started in June, his banner came up in my 2nd week and I decided to go for Kazuha. No regrets, but I wanted Alhaitham ever since. xD

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
miLc02M.png

I got close to 60 seconds! One of my charge attacks got interrupted so I had to hard cast a Neuvilette CA but Im even more positive I can make it under a minute now.

Testing flex slots + Neuv/Furina/Kazuha

Last edited:

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'mma get destroyed by the Vishap and Mushroom.
At least the Seahorse gets beat up by Lyney. I hope.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
After so many hours of playing Wuthering Waves today I just logged on to do my dailies in Genshin and god damn it, this game is gorgeous. Buttery smooth movement, camera, vibrant colours, amazing character designs and art direction and everything is just so polished. We must cherish what we have. <3

This is what I thought too. The micro stutters is pretty annoying (though it went away after 1 or 2 hours but annoying nonetheless). The movement, especially the jumping bothered me a lot too. I recorded 2 games to find out what annoyed me so much about the movement in Wuwa and it's pretty clear.

View: https://streamable.com/z0st9e

View: https://streamable.com/v2u47p

I really dislike the way the character in Wuwa can rotate their body (around a vertical axis) while jumping (their pose remains largely the same).

View: https://streamable.com/6wiao7

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
miLc02M.png

I got close to 60 seconds! One of my charge attacks got interrupted so I had to hard cast a Neuvilette CA but Im even more positive I can make it under a minute now.

Testing flex slots + Neuv/Furina/Kazuha

My guy, this is impressive for C0 Neuvilette! I wonder what your rotation is, do you have any clips? As for myself, I got 49 sec today and I think that's enough Pyro Regisvine for me.

18fa637d0a055-46a00753BE99E47AE9E.57C1F482CB81F142_message_439419034844402_1716480604860.jpg

View: https://youtu.be/PzwclvCpxuw?si=MR73M9vSxN8n3X7N

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Oh my goodness KageYume you are a saint, you captured exactly what I was feeling! Watching them side by side the Genshin movement just looks more smooth to my eyes! I am so glad you posted that, thank you. <3

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

Yep. Was watching my wife playing it and it's the same yapfest, but the exploration seems really enticing and more dynamic due to the wall running mechanic and no stamina bullshit when merely running around.

Plus, better body proportions. Genshin characters having giant heads always bothered me.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Yep. Was watching my wife playing it and it's the same yapfest, but the exploration seems really enticing and more dynamic due to the wall running mechanic and no stamina bullshit when merely running around.

Plus, better body proportions. Genshin characters having giant heads always bothered me.
Funny how preferences can be so vastly difference. I find the heads in WuWa way too small lol. I love the cartoony art style in Genshin so much more. xD

But I can see the appeal of a more mature art style, just not my favourite.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, hope Kuro can turn things around with WuWa, or else we'll have to wait until next year for resin overcap.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Oh my goodness KageYume you are a saint, you captured exactly what I was feeling! Watching them side by side the Genshin movement just looks more smooth to my eyes! I am so glad you posted that, thank you. <3

Yeah, I had a crazy time in the first 2 hours playing WuWa. Micro stutters aside, I was playing this on high end hardware, so the framerate is a locked 60fps, yet the movement and especially the jump feels choppy to me (that mid air body rotation...), yet I couldn't pin it down what went wrong until I recorded some video and looked at them closely.

That said, I'm glad Wuwa exists. I hope this will push Hoyo to create even better graphics for the 5.0 visual overhaul, especially high res texture on PC. When your competitor and your own other games have high res texture on PC, there's no reason to lock it on the PS5 when it's no longer something special.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Funny how preferences can be so vastly difference. I find the heads in WuWa way too small lol. I love the cartoony art style in Genshin so much more. xD

But I can see the appeal of a more mature art style, just not my favourite.
Yep. I think WuWa has an advantage with me primarily because I was always a scifi junkie. I was never really a fantasy guy – Genshin won me over for other reasons back in 2022.

And I do prefer more realistic body proportions. It always bothered me how the athletic/strong women of Genshin also have absurdly thin arms with not a single muscle on them (like Dehya, Beidou and Yelan).

But, alas… preferences.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I had a crazy time in the first 2 hours playing WuWa. Micro stutters aside, I was playing this on high end hardware, so the framerate is a locked 60fps, yet the movement and especially the jump feels choppy to me (that mid air body rotation...), yet I couldn't pin it down what went wrong until I recorded some video and looked at them closely.

That said, I'm glad Wuwa exists. I hope this will push Hoyo to create even better graphics for the 5.0 visual overhaul, especially high res texture on PC. When your competitor and your own other games have high res texture on PC, there's no reason to lock it on the PS5 when it's no longer something special.
I also hope WuWa does well, I honestly feel bad for the developers after all this negative feedback today. I lead a DEV team at work myself so I know what it feels like to be on the other side of stuff like this. You put so much work into something and it then falls flat, that hurts.
I do hope they manage to address the concerns and have some success, as a strong competitor will just be even better for us Genshin players as it forces Hoyo to improve. :)

Yep. I think WuWa has an advantage with me primarily because I was always a scifi junkie. I was never really a fantasy guy – Genshin won me over for other reasons back in 2022.

And I do prefer more realistic body proportions. It always bothered me how the athletic/strong women of Genshin also have absurdly thin arms with not a single muscle on them (like Beidou and Yelan).

But, alas… preferences.
Haha yeah, you love more realistic art direction and scifi games and I love cutesy fantasy. That is what makes life fun. :D

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Personally, I vastly prefer fantasy to sci-fi, especially lab-like environments where everything looks white/blue and sterile. That's why Herta station is my least favorite area in HSR and left a bad first impression of the game on me. I only started liking that game after coming back (after a long hiatus) and played HuoHuo's ghost hunting story.

In WuWa, the part in Nexus Tower where we had to go though some lab rooms and did something there was my least favorite experience in that game. Throughout the scene I just couldn't wait to get out of it.

Also, while GI sometimes got flak because sometimes NPCs don't recognize the Traveler's feat, WuWa is at the other end of the spectrum. Being put on pedestal by other characters multiple times during the first 1 hour of playing felt weird to me. This isn't a judgement of the story on a whole because it's too soon, but this is something that bothered me.

F1JlWNL.png

ueW7B6H.png

NACxPYD.png

Oops, my "little rant" about WuWa got a bit too long, gotta stop here. XD

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
After playing so much WindTrace and watching the comparison side by side, I guess I do appreciate Genshin polish.