Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
If you take Raiden out of the Inazuma line-up, there is no emphasis on ER. Outside of Sara, no Inazuma character is even regularly played with Raiden.

Emblem was a game-changer though.
Many characters had high Burst costs to make them work "better" with Raiden. (Not unlike how the HP fluctuation in Fontaine kits feeds into Furina's kit).
Shimenawa and Emblem artefact sets.
Inazuma Abyss had the incredibly annoying Elemental Tides Leyline Disorder that alternated between "you get no energy" and "you get extra energy" every 10 seconds.
Probably am forgetting some things here and there too.
It was less cohesive than Sumeru and Fontaine though, for sure.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
My out of left field guess for Natlan's mechanical theme- statuses on enemies/allies. I dunno how they'd make it trackable enough at a glance to feel good in play but would tie into things like burning or frozen enemies to be melted as well as attack buffs like bennett/yoimiya's install on her skill/etc. You'd have to come up with a more formal classification of things in game and better visual appearance of these sorts of things for clarity but it's adjacent to a few pyro things to date and also a space they're exploring in hsr right now.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
The twin is referenced in some nice ways here and there, but it's not enough. It's not outright terrible, but it feels a little flat. I feel like the last time the siblings actually met was years ago?
I think the only time was during the first Dainsleif quest 3 years ago, everything since then has been shared memories or dreams or something.
I'm praying that this time it's an actual meeting again since the VAs said in the special program they would meet, but the name of the quest being Bedtime Story and the artwork being of the siblings looking sleepy isn't filling me with much hope that it's not another dream.

Fishing, the worst or best decision in Traveler's life? XD

53744884217_406bacb2c2_o.png
It's so weird to me how little we know about what the Traveler was doing at the start of their journey (unless it's buried in lore somewhere).
Like they just wake up, spend an undisclosed amount of time alone, fish up Paimon, then spend a few months learning the language from Paimon. We know they didn't go to Mondstadt in the meantime so did they just hang out on that beach for all that time then randomly decided to set off on a journey one day?

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Well there is Electro Traveler.

How could I forget the GOAT?

Because they're shit!

Many characters had high Burst costs to make them work "better" with Raiden. (Not unlike how the HP fluctuation in Fontaine kits feeds into Furina's kit).
Shimenawa and Emblem artefact sets.
Inazuma Abyss had the incredibly annoying Elemental Tides Leyline Disorder that alternated between "you get no energy" and "you get extra energy" every 10 seconds.
Probably am forgetting some things here and there too.
It was less cohesive than Sumeru and Fontaine though, for sure.

To be fair, no one is really played with Raiden though? If you look at the Inazuma five stars, no one is played with her. Yae at a push?

But I know what you're saying. There were also the vishaps in Enka who would drain your energy.

As you say, the energy themed stuff in Inazuma was seasoning, where as in Sumeru and Fontaine, combat was warped around very specific mechanics.

Excited to see how Natlan moves pyro on. I'd like them to revisit what they did with Nilou. Perhaps not quite as restrictive, but give us some beefed up reactions.

I mean, what's going on with burgeon? Hyperbloom just kind of ate the whole element.

I think the only time was during the first Dainsleif quest 3 years ago, everything since then has been shared memories or dreams or something.
I'm praying that this time it's an actual meeting again since the VAs said in the special program they would meet, but the name of the quest being Bedtime Story and the artwork being of the siblings looking sleepy isn't filling me with much hope that it's not another dream.

Fingers crossed, because I do want to be more invested in their story. I'm not checked out or closed off from being excited about it.

But I am sat back, arms crossed, saying 'come on then, impress me - get me pumped'. But maybe this is it? Maybe this story will take things to the next level.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually very curious what the Natlan "theme" is gonna be in terms of mechanics and the Archon kit.
Inazuma was Energy themed, Sumeru was Elemental Mastery themed, Fontaine was about HP in many ways. The Bond of Life units we're getting lately fit into that as well, but they are so late it makes me wonder if Natlan will continue to have some Bond of Life mechanics.
Otherwise Pyro is very much ATK coded, so I wonder if they lean into that hard, but it doesn't feel that special since ATK is just the "baseline".

Strength of Power mechanic.

Natlan = Power to me.

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
I just looked at a wiki and its been over a year since Xiphos Moonlight has been on a banner

Hoyo why are you like this I need like 7 more of these

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
Yup, that sword has not ever been on a banner since I started the game. o.o"
Oof. How was the experience if I may ask? Did you feel gated out of content by adventure rank or the lack of resources? Were you overwhelmed the the endless farming cycle? Does Hoyo provide ways for newer accounts to catch up?

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Oof. How was the experience if I may ask? Did you feel gated out of content by adventure rank or the lack of resources? Were you overwhelmed the the endless farming cycle? Does Hoyo provide ways for newer accounts to catch up?
My 1 year anniversary will be coming up soon but overall, I had an awesome, joyful experience.

It did take some getting used to being gated out of content due to daily resin caps and adventure ranks, i had not experienced a gacha before this one. But as I have often posted in this thread, I was blessed with absolutely insane luck on the weapon banner and character banners. So my experience as a newer player was an awesome one and the community here was very welcoming. We even have a few members in the OT who only started a few weeks ago like Meissner, they may have even more insights as a fresh player. :D

I would say the "hardest" part was that I was missing Bennet and Xingqiu for the first few months. I really really wanted Bennet but just did not get him and I had just missed his shop copy when I started. Veteran players and guide makers do not take into account, that new players may be unlucky and not get the "f2p" recommended characters. I wanted Bennet for months and I finished the main story of Sumeru and only got him when Fontaine was released and he was on a banner. It was the same for Xingqiu.

Luckily I did pull Kazuha as my first limited 5 star and then also got Yelan, so I had powerful units. :)

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I play for 4 years and don't own a single Xiphos. I managed without, lol.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Both time it showed up was with Nilou's Sword so maybe it will show up again if she happens in 4.8. We also don't know the 4.7 weapons banner 4* yet so there's a chance.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Both Xiphos Moonlight and Fischl have not been on banners since I've started playing

I got like 150 wishes I saved up. I don't plan on rolling for Clorinde but... they could tempt me if they had certain things on those banners.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Re:being a beginner, It's way harder the second time around with Star Rail for me and thats not even a reflection of Star Rail vs Genshin getting up to speed rates. I simply had no conception of what I was after/where endgame was/what I needed for it when I started Genshin. Now that I have a feel for it, it feels so incredibly slow trying to get there from a brand new game.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i was thinking about the big red dragon in natlan and maybe its like Scylla in remuria in that it flies around and you can "attach" to it and it will send you somewhere else on a wind current 🤔

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
I have 250 wishes saved up but not sure I want Clorinde. I might be tempted by Alhaitham if there are good 4 stars on the banner. I don't think I need another DPS with Natlan around the corner.

If Chevreuse is on a 4.7 banner I might pull. Part of me worries that Chevvy might be saved for banners where she can work with both 5-stars, in which case we probably won't see her until Natlan. I could see a 5.1 or 5.2 banner having a new Pyro character paired with Clorinde's rerun, which would be a logical banner for an Overload support. Hoping I'm wrong and all the Chevreuse C6 wanters can get her sooner.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Now that I have a feel for it, it feels so incredibly slow trying to get there from a brand new game.

I think pursuing end game stuff from start will just burn you out quickly. The main appeal of the game (story/exploration stuffs) doesn't require any of that power so just take your time. Through the years of following Genshin OT, I think the newcomer who progressed the fastest is our Buttons here who started about 1 year ago.

I remember not knowing which and which until like 1.5 when I first assembled my first proper comp (Double Geo Hu Tao), which was about more than half a year after starting.

I could see a 5.1 or 5.2 banner having a new Pyro character paired with Clorinde's rerun, which would be a logical banner for an Overload support.

Unless the new Pyro character is a direct support/teammate of Clorinde (for example, Baizhu and Furina), I think 5.1 or 5.2 might be a bit too early for Clorinde rerun.

Last edited:

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a month and a half into hsr now and still not final ascension/equilibrium but I have cleared 10/12 stars for pf and about 2/3rds of the moc expiring this week. Also full cleared all the quests, side and main, events, all of the one time simu stuff accessible at this equilibrium and about 95% of the cheevos.

But the upgrades to reach the rest of endgame will be a lot slower now/actually farming relics proper once I finish getting all of the baseline traces done. And the game has kind of reached a check in play for a few minutes point daily now.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Virtua Teyvat
Dumb question. Do I need 5 stars weapons to get Fearless? Feels like I should not waste retrying as I have crowned my talents, level 90s, decent artifacts but just 4 stars weapons (exception for 5 stars Skyward weapons from standard banner)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Don't wanna keep up bringing WuWa but just had an experience that makes me really appreciate how well designed the areas in Genshin actually are. And I'm not talking about just visual I'm talking about the level design and the goals of the open world gameplay.

Genshin's design is incredibly smart, important progression POIs are clearly labeled and made easy to find. Teleport points are smartly placed in most places to give you a good view of surrounding objectives. Smaller objectives have usually 2-3 other objectives in sight to create a flow state in the area as you complete them. You know where you are going next, and it constantly keeps you moving from one to the next. It's so subtle that you don't notice it until another game tries to copy it but completely fucks it up in a way that's so painful you can immediately tell they didn't know what they were doing. Copying the aesthetic, not the actual design.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
saw you guys talking about the event and jumped on to try it. just did geovishap, not even going to try doing it faster - the artifacts i have on my Arle are so trash and I've been spending all my resin in that stupid domain too, so demoralizing

84bb42465b363f6184f50b1e4781eee99ee555b4.pnj

will do the dendro chicken later today

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
18fb3979e0c46-46a00753BE99E47AE9E.57C1F482CB81F142_message_439476200095550_1716703906623.jpg

I'm contented for the day, might try Dendro Chicken again tomorrow.

Dumb question. Do I need 5 stars weapons to get Fearless? Feels like I should not waste retrying as I have crowned my talents, level 90s, decent artifacts but just 4 stars weapons (exception for 5 stars Skyward weapons from standard banner)

The C0 runs I seen has R1 weapon usually. But those C0 are basically just Neuvilette and Arlecchino for the first 2 monsters respectively lol. You could say these 2 are the most ideal choices. Everyone else seems to have cons in their main DPS or supports.

That said, you need good artifacts etc too.

Finished day 3 of the event. The Dendro chicken is much less annoying than the (bigger) Whooperflower and Vishap of day 1 and day 2.
Raiden is great in this fight.
EQJ5Ycr.jpeg

Archons, Mafia boss and a walking Fungi

View: https://streamable.com/547e5p

That's a fun run. My guy used Raiden to break shield and Navia for dmg dealing. Damn, I like Navia flexibility, she can be slot in teams easily. You can practically play her despite the limitations for all 3 monsters in this event! What are her cons like?

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Virtua Teyvat
The C0 runs I seen has R1 weapon usually. But those C0 are basically just Neuvilette and Arlecchino for the first 2 monsters lol. Everyone else has cons in their main DPS or supports.

That said, you need good artifacts too.

Hmm I usually average 2:30 with my current best attempt is the chicken dendro at 2:12 with Raiden C0, Fischl C6, Xingqiu C6 and Kazuha C0. Raiden is using Skyward Spine R0 lvl 90 and Fischl is using Skyward Harp R0 also at lvl 90.

It's okay I don't think I'll pursue this as I'm going insane optimising builds and wasting virtual foods lol.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I usually average 2:30 with my current best attempt is the chicken dendro at 2:12 with Raiden C0, Fischl C6, Xingqiu C6 and Kazuha C0. Raiden is using Skyward Spine R0 lvl 90 and Fischl is using Skyward Harp R0 also at lvl 90.

It's okay I don't think I'll pursue this as I'm going insane optimising builds and wasting virtual foods lol.

My Raiden is C3R1 in a meta team and could barely made the cut. I used food too. I have seen C0 Raiden that works but she also has her signature weapon & C2 Furina as support.

I won't pursue if I were you, the firepower just isn't there if one doesn't invest vertically.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I think pursuing end game stuffs from start will just burn you out quickly. The main appeal of the game (story/exploration stuffs) don't require any of that power so just take your time. Through the years of following Genshin OT, I think the newcomer who progressed the fastest is our Buttons here who started about 1 years ago.

I remember not knowing which and which until like 1.5 when I first assembled my first proper comp (Double Geo Hu Tao), which was about more than half a year after starting.

Unless the new Pyro character is a direct support/teammate of Clorinde (for example, Baizhu and Furina), I think 5.1 or 5.2 might be a bit too early for Clorinde rerun.
Aw, that is so nice of you to say! I did not realize I cleared endgame so fast. :D

Tried the dendro chicken today, I will continue to be happy to not gold star these bosses. Just too hard haha. At max difficulty the dendro chicken one shots my Zhongli's shield. I tried Cyno aggrevate which works super well with my C2 Cyno, but I am bad at dodging so I always ended up dying lol.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017

If it helps you feel better, getting 3 gold stars has taken me 5 minutes for each of the bosses, lol.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
If it helps you feel better, getting 3 gold stars has taken me 5 minutes for each of the bosses, lol.
And to put into perspective, I only managed the Geovishap and that also took me 5 minutes haha. The others were too hard and I did not want to beat my head against a wall. So please, no one in this thread should be demotivated by the hardest bosses. You need really amazing artifacts, good skills, constellations and good weapons to beat them on time. xD

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
That's a fun run. My guy used Raiden to break shield and Navia for dmg dealing. Damn, I like Navia flexibility, she can be slot in teams easily. You can practically play her despite the limitations for all 3 monsters in this event! What are her cons like?

My Navia is C6R1. Half of her damage came from plunge attack that her cons don't affect, so Xianyun is equally important in my run.
qSqr85M.png

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Virtua Teyvat

Thanks I'm feeling much better! Okay that is partially true lol but yeah my attempts is like... cooking/eating Adeptus' Temptation and retry the moment my rotation got messed up. As long you get the rewards but I just want to see how much I can push my current team.

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Looking at the banner history and it's nuts how long it's been since some of these 4 stars appeared. 19 banners for Kaveh, 16 for Mika. 17 for Heizou 9 for Kirara. All characters I really need cons for. As more and more keep getting added they need to do something about this to make getting the ones you want easier.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Whoa, what an amazing Navia! No wonder she is such a damage machine! :) Congrats KageYume!
Thanks. :')

--
Recently, a conversation popped up in my group of friends about the differences between the character models in GI (4.x) and HSR. I took several screenshots and videos of various characters for that, and it solidified my opinion that Navia's design is my favorite in the game. Such a gorgeous design.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8N3WZm-JYOA

Side-by-side comparison with Robin (whose design I really like too).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I32KTayZX7s

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks. :')

--
Recently, a conversation popped up in my group of friends about the differences between the character models in GI (4.x) and HSR. I took several screenshots and videos of various characters for that, and it solidified my opinion that Navia's design is my favorite in the game. Such a gorgeous design.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8N3WZm-JYOA

Side-by-side comparison with Robin (whose design I really like too).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I32KTayZX7s

Navia really is super pretty! If her rerun is at a good time, I may try to pull her since I already have her signature weapon at lv90 and I love how flexible she is as a dps, sort of a neutral element as geo that can slot into so many teams.

But with Alhaitham coming in a week and my goal of then pulling two copies of Furina for C2, after that I may just start saving until Natlan. xD

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Looking at the banner history and it's nuts how long it's been since some of these 4 stars appeared. 19 banners for Kaveh, 16 for Mika. 17 for Heizou 9 for Kirara. All characters I really need cons for. As more and more keep getting added they need to do something about this to make getting the ones you want easier.

Which team composition are you planning to use Kaveh in that benefits from his constellations?
I'm genuinely curious because many people seem to pull for him for collection purposes, for which C0 is enough.