• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN5JACOEJFM

GLVd1A5agAARIPQ

View: https://x.com/GenshinImpact/status/1780446350473117707

View: https://x.com/Niwa_2810/status/1780250309073436945

View: https://x.com/cono_gnsn/status/1780251049942548890

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
The animation is leagues apart from other animated short trailes Genshin has till now.

I wonder which studio did this animated short. Begin to hype for Arle now.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's not Perinheri, guess Peruere is different.
That would only be true if this was being represented as Arlecchino reminsicing on her past, but there is no indication that this is the case. We the viewers are just getting to watch an episode in Arlecchino's past.
Still from her perspective though.
My nerd rage won't stand for this.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
CHILLS

What a great animated short. Nice to have some more backstory for Arle.

Clervie :(

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Man this new Abyss is so hard. I was hoping I could clear it with my lv80 Klee, but she and Kazuha keep dying. My Bennet is not really built for healing, I guess I urgently need a healing circlet or HP goblet for Klee/Furina/Kazuha/Bennet. Man I am so tired of my characters never having the gear I need.

I know I could just brute force it with Neuvi on one side and Qiqi Furina the other, but I really wanted to clear with Klee. Guess I will try again once she is lv90, this was now an hour of frustration.

I was doing well with Klee on the first side until the stupid dancing robots kept killing someone.
Switched Klee to boss side and she cannot clear Mechanical Array fast enough, sigh.

Time to maybe just try Burgeon Klee just so I have a Klee clear in my pocket lol.

Darn. Anyway, Healing Circlet is better than HP if healing is what you want. Are you using XQ in the Klee composition?

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
But the first scene is with "Mother" reading the story while Arle isn't present, so we aren't even starting from Arle's perspective.
I mean, in most visual media, it's not always gonna be focused on the character exclusivelyz especially when they're establishing the world.
Like Dragon Ball starts from Bulma's perspective, but it's not her story.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, in most visual media, it's not always gonna be focused on the character exclusivelyz especially when they're establishing the world.
Like Dragon Ball starts from Bulma's perspective, but it's not her story.
Yes, but that's not the point of contention. You argue that Arlecchino shouldn't remember Scaramouche because he wiped himself from the Irminsul. I argue that this is not being represented as Arlecchino recalling her past, but as a sequence of events from Arlecchino's history, so Scaramouche's current state is irrelevant. It is the difference between looking at a photoshopped picture and actually being an eyewitness to the picture being taken.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Darn. Anyway, Healing Circlet is better than HP if healing is what you want. Are you using XQ in the Klee composition?
The only set I have for Klee right now is a MH set I stole from my Gaming, so she only works with Furina. Squishy character + Furina is hard lol.
I will be farming her a 2 piece attack 2 piece crimson set in the next few weeks though so I can use her in mono pyro, national and other teams though.

Yeah, I have a few healing circlets I could level for Bennet, but nothing on-set. So I at the very least need a Noblesse HP goblet so his circlet can be an off-piece healing one. :) I'll get there!

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Arlechinno hype RISING!

Can't wait to lose the 50/50 next week to Tighnari or Dehya, and have to scramble to scrape up 40-80 wishes in 3 weeks!

What?! It can be done! Just do all pending story quests, and hangouts and dailies and new content, and buy the next battle pass, and welkin, and cash in for wishes at the shop, and convert Genesis Crystal for a few more wishes.

That's all. And if ALLLLL of that is not enough, than MAYYYYYYYYBE a 10-20 dollar top up. Maybe. I hope she comes home on the 50/50 so I won't miss Furina Round 2. Or an early surprise Double Arlechinno 10-pull would be SOOOO nice! :)

36'd the Abyss. Same teams as last time.

My Nerve will end up with about 90-100% CR and at least 210%CD when his last few levels for 2-3 artifacts finish up later this week. With HP at about 36-38,000 WITHOUT Hydro Resonance! Thanks to the Sacrificial Jade boost. With Resonance he would enter the over 40,000 HP club! I can't wait to see his damage on the next abyss. Especially if they adjust the abyss to become harder, then the additional damage will be a boon to the Otter King's Kingdom!

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Arlechinno hype RISING!

Can't wait to lose the 50/50 next week to Tighnari or Dehya, and have to scramble to scrape up 40-80 wishes in 3 weeks!

What?! It can be done! Just do all pending story quests, and hangouts and dailies and new content, and buy the next battle pass, and welkin, and cash in for wishes at the shop, and convert Genesis Crystal for a few more wishes.

That's all. And if ALLLLL of that is not enough, than MAYYYYYYYYBE a 10-20 dollar top up. Maybe. I hope she comes home on the 50/50 so I won't miss Furina Round 2. Or an early surprise Double Arlechinno 10-pull would be SOOOO nice! :)

36'd the Abyss. Same teams as last time.

My Nerve will end up with about 90-100% CR and at least 210%CD when his last few levels for 2-3 artifacts finish up later this week. With HP at about 36-38,000 WITHOUT Hydro Resonance! Thanks to the Sacrificial Jade boost. With Resonance he would enter the over 40,000 HP club! I can't wait to see his damage on the next abyss. Especially if they adjust the abyss to become harder, then the additional damage will be a boon to the Otter King's Kingdom!
So cool seeing people get so excited for her, I hope you get your Arlecchino early! :D

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Supposed Clervie was Crucabena (previous knave) real daughter. At least that's what they say based in Chinese version.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I've used Neuvilette extensively, he's super OP.

C1R1 Neuvilette is like a C6 character, and it's more like the stronger C6 ones.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
I've used dozens of guides, videos, etc. showing every single chest in the area. I've collected them all. The compass itself is not going off anywhere which is why I hope this new compass might actually trigger the chest or atleast show where it might be.

I've also read things about the area being possibly bugged and i'd have to reach out to Hoyo for them to fix it, but I've had interactions with the Hoyo support team before and they have really bad CS so I can't be bothered going through that again.

Did you gather every hidden chest? There was a chest where you ignite a random isolated dead campfire and Poof! a cheat appears. Chests like those would not appear on the current Compass, so you had to stumble upon them or use a 100% accurate and complete guide; if there is such a thing.

Also, in Liyue, or is it Inazuma?… …the floating treasure boxes that have like a few hundred mora in them count towards the total for those regions, so maybe there are also some floating treasures in Mondstat?

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Now that I've used Neuvilette extensively, he's super OP.

C1R1 Neuvilette is like a C6 character, and it's more like the stronger C6 ones.
He really is, he is not even my favourite character design-wise but he is so easy to play in Abyss I usually struggle to NOT put him on one side, since he just shreds through everything at C0R1. xD

Gure

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
qroQthP.jpeg

Decided not to pull until Natlan. We will see how it goes, but right now I have way too many characters I simply don't use or find fun after getting them. While I'm not a spender at all, it's time to focus on characters I really want and like, so I risked and won two 50/50 to get Kazuha to C2. He's by far my favorite character when it comes to gameplay and traversing the world.

Last edited:

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Man this new Abyss is so hard. I was hoping I could clear it with my lv80 Klee, but she and Kazuha keep dying. My Bennet is not really built for healing, I guess I urgently need a healing circlet or HP goblet for Klee/Furina/Kazuha/Bennet. Man I am so tired of my characters never having the gear I need.

I know I could just brute force it with Neuvi on one side and Qiqi Furina the other, but I really wanted to clear with Klee. Guess I will try again once she is lv90, this was now an hour of frustration.

I was doing well with Klee on the first side until the stupid dancing robots kept killing someone.
Switched Klee to boss side and she cannot clear Mechanical Array fast enough, sigh.

Time to maybe just try Burgeon Klee just so I have a Klee clear in my pocket lol.

Do you have Baizhu? If so Baizhu, Furina, Nahida and Klee is my suggestion (maybe you already knew this).

In this team, you should give Klee either Sacrificial Fragment or Prototype Amber and ER artifact. The aim is to make Klee's burst and Baizhu's burst available all the time so that she can stay on field and provide Burning/Pyro (with Nahida) for Furina to vape. There's no need for Klee to attack or stay close to the enemies thanks to her burst's auto targeting.

Playing DPS Klee where she has to actually deal damage is a pain.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Do you have Baizhu? If so Baizhu, Furina, Nahida and Klee is my suggestion (maybe you already knew this).

In this team, you should give Klee either Sacrificial Fragment or Prototype Amber and ER artifact. The aim is to make Klee's burst and Baizhu's burst available all the time so that she can stay on field and provide Burning/Pyro (with Nahida) for Furina to vape. There's no need for Klee to attack or stay close to the enemies thanks to her burst's auto targeting.

Playing DPS Klee where she has to actually deal damage is a pain.
I unfortunately only have C6 Yaoyao, no Baizhu. I do want to try a Burgeon team with her though. Thanks for your suggestion and explaining how it works, I will try this team once my Klee is lv90! :) It should work out even with Yaoyao and it would probably be a strong team thanks to Furina and my C2 Nahida. :)

Decided not to pull until Natlan. We will see how it goes, but right now I have way too many characters I simply don't use or find fun after getting them. While I'm not a spender at all, it's time to focus on characters I really want and like, so I risked and won two 50/50 to get Kazuha to C2. He's by far my favorite character when it comes to gameplay and traversing the world.
Yay, someone else who got C2 Kazuha this banner. Huge congrats to you and smart choice, I am so glad I got Kazuha C2! He is such a power-house. :D

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Ooh that was very nice. And very dark.
I like how they only insinnuate some of the darker lore elements in Genshin.They never spell it out for you. It gets you to think for yourself and often shudder.

Also, can we have a regular song version of the song used as background music?

The animation is leagues apart from other animated short trailes Genshin has till now.

I wonder which studio did this animated short. Begin to hype for Arle now.

If there is no outsourced studio mentioned in any credits, it's probably made in-house anime studio. Hoyoverse has their own growing and improving studio, just as they have Hoyomix, their music studio.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
N6Ltvlz.png

I'm good, have them at C0 or C-none.

But at pity 71, I'll laugh my fucking ass off if I do, like, three pulls and finish my business there getting none of them.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
N6Ltvlz.png

I'm good, have them at C0 or C-none.

But at pity 71, I'll laugh my fucking ass off if I do, like, three pulls and finish my business there getting none of them.
Game gonna be here is Arle and a 4* weapon or a off banner character. I would love that banner.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Oh nice, Chevreuse for the ones who wanted her but missed her on the last banner. I would like more Chevreuse constellations but I have not even levelled mine yet and am skipping this banner, maybe in the future. :)

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Please god let that be true and Chevy is on the banner, I'm going all in so I'd love to get her to C6 and she is currently at C0 for me. Also wouldn't mind a C6 Freminet too, I have C6 Lynette though so will likely get her loads of times!

Adeptfawn

Oct 28, 2017
That was an excellent trailer. Maybe didn't have the same impact that A Winter's Night Lazzo had, but it was still freaking excellent

Speaking of Genshin animation, wonder what's the status of the Ufotable anime. I know they're busy with other stuff like Demon Slayer and that anime production takes a long time, but we haven't gotten any updates on it since it was announced, right?

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh unholy Father that was a good trailer. 🔥
Just when I decided I'm over her, too... I won't be dragged away from my savings.

Only thing that could've made it better would've been a Tsaritsa cameo at the end. Part of me foolishly thought we were about to get our first glimpse. She could've at least served silhouette!

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, that was up there with/arguably better than the best of the Star Rail animations.

Hoping her story quest turns out good. They've mostly been kinda miss for me unfortunately. Arlecchino is easily my favourite character in Genshin thus far.

It's implied Clervie threw herself on Arle's sword right?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That was an excellent trailer. Maybe didn't have the same impact that A Winter's Night Lazzo had, but it was still freaking excellent

Speaking of Genshin animation, wonder what's the status of the Ufotable anime. I know they're busy with other stuff like Demon Slayer and that anime production takes a long time, but we haven't gotten any updates on it since it was announced, right?

They announced the anime one and a half years ago. To plan and produce a new anime takes longer than to produce subsequent anime seasons, which can take up to a year as well, depending on how many episodes you have. Ufotable is also a pretty busy studio, Genshin is probably not their priority until it releases.
We are imo still in a time frame where we shouldn't be worried yet.

Last edited:

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Friendship Level 10 with Ayaya now.

Think my new Friendship team for the time being will be Raiden, Sara, Cheveruse and Dehya. Raiden is already 10, but the rest are at 9.