• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if anyone has ever tried to build a team around Hydro Traveller and Neuvillette both being able to create source water droplets. It feels like there was intended to be some synergy there, but Neuvillette can just create all the droplets he needs by himself so he doesn't need any help lol.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
My priorities:

Non-negotiable: Arlecchino, Iansan, Xbalanque, Murata

Maybe 30 pulls to bait the gacha into giving me (or an early 50/50 loss) [WORKS EVERY TIME]: Clorinde, Wriothesley, Yoimiya, Chevreuse, Sethos

Everything else is STC, like they say.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
My list hasn't changed much. It's:
  • Lady Furina, up to 2 cons
  • Wriothesley's weapon now that Wanderer's weapon banner is dead again
  • Probably the Coloniser
  • Shenhe C1
Yeah, Furina is awesome at C0 and just broken at C1 and C2. I hope to get her to C1 next rerun, maybe even C2.

The only problem is she is rumoured to run in the same patch as Alhaitham who I really want. So I need to save up and will probably have to skip C1 Wanderer, which will really hurt as I want his C1 so much lol. Not to mention I want Sigewinne, who is in the same patch. If Hoyo makes me skip Furina cons I will be so disappointed lol. But new characters I want > cons.

Fingers crossed for you Gaming is on a banner soon! :D
Thanks Buttons ☺️ I hope you're able to get everyone you want as well!
I still think for Merch, if you know a Chinese, just give them money and buy it from TMall. Price+Shipping will still be far cheaper than the official shop, conventions or those ripoff shops like genshin global.
Personally I prefer the unofficial merch most of the time anyways. There's some really good stuff out there.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Want Shenhe and C2 Furina before Natlan. Don't mind throwing 10-20 pulls for Arle, Navia.

Long term goals :

C1 -> C2 Neuvilette
C2 -> C6 Yelan
C0 -> C2 or C4 Ayaka
C3 -> C6 Tighnari

In this order of priority. I can wait until Snezhnaya before deciding on Tighnari. Really depends if I get more of him from standard banner or losing 50/50.

Heizou is fun, I used mine a lot when I was a new player. He is still stuck at lv70 with no artifact set atm. One day he needs to be levelled to 80/90 and get a new artifact set so I can play him in fun teams like national. :D
(I used Heizou as a healer with prototype amber for months in the overworld since I had no healers on my account, only Barbara who I did not like lol. It worked so well!)

I need C6 Faruzan before I can consider building Heizou. Just got to play the patience game.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I think my only goal beyond Arlecchinno is maybe Yelan. Sethos could be very very tempting depending on his kit.

Then it's just waiting to see what Natlan brings. Hope Xablanque is everything I could want.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Elves as a concept were never actually brought up, right?
We all just assumed Klee and Layla were.

I guess them being Dragons from Natlan also makes sense, given Iansan.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
14.5 million Mora. Did some more of Lynette hangout.

The skip button actually makes sense here, it takes you straight to the relevant choice moment. I just want to see it added to daily NPC commissions, then we'll be golden.

Wasn't expecting the Lefevere family being a part of it tho. Nice to see they aren't shying away of talking about that part of Lynette's story.

In other news, just remade my calculations. I'll actually be able to amass 3 more pulls until the end of 4.5, even if I don't finish the hangout in time.

This means that if I were to pull, this would leave me at pity 74.

I won't, tho. 😃

Elves as a concept were never actually brought up, right?
We all just assumed Klee and Layla were.

I guess them being Dragons from Natlan also makes sense, given Iansan.
Let's not forget that Nahida for some reason also have pointy ears. People were jokingly calling her Green Klee in 2022 lol.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well, in the case of Nahida, we know that she's a plant.
If Nahida had another form, maybe they could be related to that too.
But she doesn't, so no need to speculate further.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Well, in the case of Nahida, we know that she's a plant.
If Nahida had another form, maybe they could be related to that too.
But she doesn't, so no need to speculate further.
It only raises more doubts in Layla's case, tho. We know very little about her origins, only that she went to study in Sumeru City and her family lives elsewhere in the nation.

Last edited:

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Character pulling plans going into Natlan are currently:
  • Furina (take her up to C2 if I can)
  • Chiori (and her C1)
  • Shenhe
  • Baizhu
  • Venti
  • Nilou

The first two are currently the only set in stone ones I definitely plan to pull. The other 4 are kind of on a "if the timing is advantageous" tier

Weapon Pulling list is:
  • Crane's Echoing Call
  • Tome of the Eternal Flow
  • Verdict
  • Key of Khaj Nisut
Not sure if there's any character I'd want to take to C6. I got both Yelan and Kazuha to C2 so they'd be interesting, though with Yelan I'd also wouldn't want to just delete the game with her C6.

Maybe Yae Miko so she can get that Defense Ignore on her Totems.

Last edited:

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
4 line starter
463hBOz.jpg

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly would yeet my monitor out of my window if I saw that. Had the same bs yesterday. Got MH attack sands with double crit max roll on a 3 line starter. 2 rolls into crit, 2 into flat defence.

I no longer have a monitor for my pc kekw.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Screenshot_20240418_094351.jpg

Broke: Arlecchino is a psychopath, she tortures bugs.

Woke: Obviously this means Arlecchino should be a future challenger in the next Arataki Itto Beetle Brawl.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That Arlecchino teaser is so good. I I cant wait for the banner, but at the same time im dreading the weapon banner results.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I forgot what this looked at +20
DTSU6kd.jpg

But I sacrificed it to the artifact I posted above so it must have been bad or I just have way too much MH flowers and felt it was worth it.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I missed all of Fontaine and the end of Sumeru. Was pretty much empty on wishes coming back. Natlan is my most anticipated region too so I'm making plans but trying to reconcile all this with the limited wishes I have.

I think I can get away with Furina.... maybe C2? and nothing else from Fontaine? May want to pick up Navia just because I enjoy her in trials at some point if she ever gets a more specific/less generally used and boring team.

Still would like constellations for my Yelan so not sure where those are fitting in.

I also missed most of Inazuma and picked up only a little during my time in Sumeru. Still don't have Raiden (or Yae) so while I don't think I'd go for them on a limited banner, an Inazuma Chronicled Wish could eat a ton of mine.

Whatever I can hold past that I'm trying to save for Natlan, assuming no remaining Fontaine characters like Clorinde tempt me. Back up to 240 wishes after a bit over a month of play thanks to all the exploration/quests.

Of course, we could end up in another sumeru situation where I had presumed interest in the region characters but then we got the character designs and that kind of evaporated. Left me pulling the usual handful of characters whose kits interested me instead.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Caught up with the story!

Fontaine was a blast but one part near the end baffled me, a cutscene involving Neuvillette and Skirk, they are talking about some character named Rhinedottir (Albedo's mother???). I have absolutely no idea who this person is even though Paimon somehow knows. When the heck was this, was it some side quest chain I haven't done yet or some event story?

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
One day there will be two other characters where that is their best weapon and we will be redeemed, my friend.

Yeah, I surely hope so. If Oathsworn Eye (2/2022) somehow found its best users 2 years after its release (Xianyun, 2/2024), maybe there's hope for that donut too. Kokomi's donut also gained value after Furina's release because she made on-field Kokomi more viable outside of EC driver role.

omg i would have hated that since i plan on going for her weapon as well if she is back in 4.7

Rerunning Furina with a healer is a logical choice but all limited 5* healers' signature weapons aren't very good for anyone else (sometimes they aren't even BiS for said characters in many situations). Xianyun is the best case so let's hope for that. XD

Fontaine was a blast but one part near the end baffled me, a cutscene involving Neuvillette and Skirk, they are talking about some character named Rhinedottir (Albedo's mother???). I have absolutely no idea who this person is even though Paimon somehow knows. When the heck was this, was it some side quest chain I haven't done yet or some event story?

Rhinedottir was mentioned in Albedo-related events (1.2, 2.3) and in cutscene about the Hexenzirkel (3.5 event). She played a big role in the fall of Khaenriah and was involved with the Melusine (though I haven't done many Fontaine world quests so I'm not sure about the details regarding this one).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RigK4OwCCM8

Last edited:

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

You would basically only know who that character is if you read Albedo's character story and also participated in some of the earlier event quests.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Watched some ZZZ beta footage. Very pretty and stylish game. Hoyoverse is becoming more and more daring with animation too (and they were already among the best of the best in that regard)...but I wonder why Genshin is still the only game with DCR (dynamic character resolution). ZZZ as well as Star Rail characters still look so low-polygon compared to Genshin. You'd think they'd also bring that feature to their newer games.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Watched some ZZZ beta footage. Very pretty and stylish game. Hoyoverse is becoming more and more daring with animation too (and they were already among the best of the best in that regard)...but I wonder why Genshin is still the only game with DCR (dynamic character resolution). ZZZ as well as Star Rail characters still look so low polygon compared to Genshin. You'd think they'd also bring that feature to their newer games.

Are those new footages?

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Just finished watching the Fallout tv show and it was pretty good. Got me thinking about video game adaptations.
So if the Ufotable show ever actually comes out, I was thinking of what changes you would make. Or rather wondering what they would be allowed to make.

Especially in regards to Mondstadt/Liyue/Inazuma. I think Sumeru and Fontaine are already a pretty solid base to adapt from in comparison as they sensibly switched to more patches for the main story and included more characters.

Like if you were to adapt Inazuma for example, you should really find a way to bring in Ayato and Itto way earlier and actually involve them in the plot. You should probably bring in Kazuha's no longer existing summer island 2 story to tie this together with his escape from Inazuma.
Or for Liyue including Hu Tao in the funeral rites, or forcing at least some background presence of Yelan in somewhere. You probably wouldn't want to backtrack to older regions to bring in newer characters. If you keep the concept of teleporting to waypoints it would be difficult to follow and probably unsatisfying as a journey.
Do you keep going back for Lantern Rite episodes or shove a bunch together? How much of a gap before you introduce Shenhe and rebuilding the Jade Chamber?

Watched some ZZZ beta footage. Very pretty and stylish game. Hoyoverse is becoming more and more daring with animation too (and they were already among the best of the best in that regard)...but I wonder why Genshin is still the only game with DCR (dynamic character resolution). ZZZ as well as Star Rail characters still look so low-polygon compared to Genshin. You'd think they'd also bring that feature to their newer games.

It seems to have uncapped fps on pc which is new

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that one Guhua guy from Liyue after over three years finally decided to go to Fontaine and leave his rude friend behind. End of an era.

Are those new footages?

Yeah, it's the from the newest beta that just started like a day ago.
Lots of footage already on Youtube.

Just finished watching the Fallout tv show and it was pretty good. Got me thinking about video game adaptations.
So if the Ufotable show ever actually comes out, I was thinking of what changes you would make. Or rather wondering what they would be allowed to make.

Especially in regards to Mondstadt/Liyue/Inazuma. I think Sumeru and Fontaine are already a pretty solid base to adapt from in comparison as they sensibly switched to more patches for the main story and included more characters.

Like if you were to adapt Inazuma for example, you should really find a way to bring in Ayato and Itto way earlier and actually involve them in the plot. You should probably bring in Kazuha's no longer existing summer island 2 story to tie this together with his escape from Inazuma.
Or for Liyue including Hu Tao in the funeral rites, or forcing at least some background presence of Yelan in somewhere. You probably wouldn't want to backtrack to older regions to bring in newer characters. If you keep the concept of teleporting to waypoints it would be difficult to follow and probably unsatisfying as a journey.
Do you keep going back for Lantern Rite episodes or shove a bunch together? How much of a gap before you introduce Shenhe and rebuilding the Jade Chamber?

I fully expect a lot of narrative liberties in the anime.
They need to, to get the game story into the anime episodes and seasons format.
After watching Frieren (thanks to the people recommending it in here to me!) and seeing how very popular and surely financially successful it is...I wonder if the Genshin anime has a chance to become popular and successful. So much so that it actually would make Hoyoverse and Ufotable money to continue it with more seasons than just one.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I fully expect a lot of narrative liberties in the anime.
They need to, to get the game story into the anime episodes and seasons format.
After watching Frieren (thanks to the people recommending it in here to me!) and seeing how very popular and surely financially successful it is...I wonder if the Genshin anime has a chance to become popular and successful. So much so that it actually would make Hoyoverse and Ufotable money to continue it with more seasons than just one.

Done properly I think it could be the best way to experience the story as you're probably gonna experience things in a more sensible order with more dynamism and character story than a lot of yapping between 2 static models. Maybe also including stuff that has disappeared from the game.
And ofc much more Traveller as a voiced protag to balance Paimon.
Can they do it tho? Idk.