• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The strongest part of the early story is its lore and worldbuilding, the narrative is super weak.

Chiharu

Apr 10, 2020
White Space
Finally did the Unfinished Comedy world quest, and it was great, but it was hard not to notice the glaring lack of Wrizzly and Sigewinne. Like, how is all of this happening without Wrizzly knowing about it? And if he does know about it, why didn't he do anything? There's no way he'd just let some guard go on a power trip like that. And there's no way he'd just let an innocent little girl remain inside the fortress. He had to have known she was there, since she runs around the place freely

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

HoYoLAB - Official Community

HoYoLAB is the community forum for Genshin Impact and Honkai Impact 3rd, with official information about game events, perks, fan art, and other exciting content.
bf59d4d04ee4181f7640866e6758ab60_4392857053834916881.gif

View: https://x.com/GenshinImpact/status/1781170870846685399

Artifacts

HoYoLAB is the community forum for Genshin Impact and Honkai Impact 3rd, with official information about game events, perks, fan art, and other exciting content.

Web Event

View: https://x.com/GenshinImpact/status/1781172121978200268

Last edited:

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, a fully voiced web event.
Arlecchino definitely has the most expensive marketing push yet.
Hopefully it pays off so we get more.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
That web event was disturbing, I do not like that crazy murderous lady. @.@

I did make some nice progress this morning before work though. Klee is now lv90 and her R5 Widsith is lv90 too. Was about time I levelled up a Widsith for my account, so it was win win. Next up it is time to farm an artifact set for Klee for non-Furina teams. :D

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, is that the fanciest web event yet? Great atmosphere.
Arlecchino body count keeps rising and we still have one trailer to go 😅
There's other characters who have on-screen or mentioned kills to their name as well, but it seems a bigger focus in Arle's marketing.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Caught up with the story!

Fontaine was a blast but one part near the end baffled me, a cutscene involving Neuvillette and Skirk, they are talking about some character named Rhinedottir (Albedo's mother???). I have absolutely no idea who this person is even though Paimon somehow knows. When the heck was this, was it some side quest chain I haven't done yet or some event story?
Gotta love information that's locked behind unreplayable events lol. Some of it is in lore texts though.

You may know her by her other name, Gold?

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
They saw people were being down about Arle in the leaks and really decided to spin up the propaganda machine to get people to pull for her.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
So uh, did they change the weird spear glow-scythe effect when it's not signature weapon?

edit: This web event gave me Darkest Dungeon vibes. Shame it's only clicking left mouse at the end of the day.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022

Artifacts

Web Event

I like this, nice and simple. "Why does it change into a scythe for her? Special powers mate"

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Neuvillette-660bde7a8f1b3f627f06bac6_3.png

The best build I can come up for Neuvilette with Furina as teammate was HP/HP/HP. It's like 3% stronger than the next best alternative. The 2x roll in EM was a bonus too.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So uh, did they change the weird spear glow-scythe effect when it's not signature weapon?

edit: This web event gave me Darkest Dungeon vibes. Shame it's only clicking left mouse at the end of the day.

Yeah, I was expecting a Darkest Dungeon style thing (obviously on a much simpler and smaller scale) but the web event was really just kind of like a cutscene. Not bad for 40 Primos and weirdly high production values with the voice acting but still weird.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Artifacts

Web Event

I wonder how that Polearm calcs on Xiao if you are running him on the Desert Pavillion set? That would be the one set where you would start his field time with a charged attack.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Dang, 4.7 banner leaks are out and it seems it will be:

Clorinde +Wriothesley + Sethos
Sigewinne + Navia

Where are Alhaitham and Furina, dang. o.o And Sethos is on a banner I really do not want the 5 stars for, damn it. @.@
I guess I will just continue to save up and maybe now I could get C1 Wanderer or go for Sigewinne. I just wish Alhaitham was out already so I could finally get him and be done with waiting.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, 4.7 banner leaks are out and it seems it will be:

Clorinde +Wriothesley + Sethos
Sigewinne + Navia

Where are Alhaitham and Furina, dang. o.o And Sethos is on a banner I really do not want the 5 stars for, damn it. @.@
I guess I will just continue to save up and maybe now I could get C1 Wanderer or go for Sigewinne. I just wish Alhaitham was out already so I could finally get him and be done with waiting.
That is surprising....unless...this points towards a Clorinde x Wriothesley storyline lmao. I would actually be here for it even though it'll never happen.

I really don't need more swords fml. I've got a spare Mistsplitter and a black sword that I would like to use but have no one to use it on.

Wait how is Navia getting rerun before Furina? wtf.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno how I feel about Clorinde's kit. I'm not big on BOL as a concept. She also seems more generic. I thought she would be taser or have some kind of focus. But getting damage while dodging sounds very nice. I like the idea of that.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Dunno how I feel about Clorinde's kit. I'm not big on BOL as a concept. She also seems more generic. I thought she would be taser or have some kind of focus. But getting damage while dodging sounds very nice. I like the idea of that.
I am wondering how Sigewinne will work. She seems a support/healer for Clorinde and Arleccino, both of which I do not really want. Wonder if Sigewinne then has other use cases for older characters.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017

Same. I've decided I'm just skipping every unit that has BOL involved.

So 4.7 looking like another skip patch for me. All in for 4.8 I guess

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I am wondering how Sigewinne will work. She seems a support/healer for Clorinde and Arleccino, both of which I do not really want. Wonder if Sigewinne then has other use cases for older characters.
I think she is to the new artifact set what Furina is to the MH set. She activates it for anyone who doesn't inherently have BOL. I dunno if she'll work with Arle that well though because of the healing restriction.
Same. I've decided I'm just skipping every unit that has BOL involved.

So 4.7 looking like another skip patch for me. All in for 4.8 I guess
I'll need to see some gameplay but it's probably the same for me. Can't believe I need to wait another 3 months for Furina.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
That is surprising....unless...this points towards a Clorinde x Wriothesley storyline lmao. I would actually be here for it even though it'll never happen.

Going to pour one out for Clorinde/Navia shippers if Wriothesley is the signifcant supporting character in her story quest lol

They got themselves prehyped for the Navia storyquest only for Clorinde to completely no-show it.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That was a cute murderous, little webevent.
In case anyone wants the really pretty wallpaper without playing:

53664468165_a4c8e3b1e9_o.png

By the way, we talked about this a couple times before, we finally have our first irredeemably evil character.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I think she is to the new artifact set what Furina is to the MH set. She activates it for anyone who doesn't inherently have BOL. I dunno if she'll work with Arle that well though because of the healing restriction.

I'll need to see some gameplay but it's probably the same for me. Can't believe I need to wait another 3 months for Furina.
Oh you are right, I did not think about how she enables the effect on the new artifact set. Will be interesting to see if it will be worth it for any characters other than Clorinde and Arle.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone wants the really pretty wallpaper without playing:

53664468165_a4c8e3b1e9_o.png

By the way, we talked about this a couple times before, we finally have our first irredeemably evil character.

Ehhh

She seems to kill those who are awful. She's merciless and cruel to those who are bad. I can't even say the stuff she has done other than attacking Furina was actually "evil." Dottore seems way worse.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017

So far she's killed a "mother" that makes her kids engage in the Hunger Games/Battle Royale, a rich man that seemed to be exploiting children and then two thieves who I guess are the least deserving, but so far she's just been shown as killing actual evil people.

EDIT: OH, and I guess maybe the other other kids or just her best orphanage friend (though it read to me more as she forced herself onto the sword rather than was killed by Arle) though even then, circumstance and all that, she didn't set up the death battle.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
She seems to kill those who are awful. She's merciless and cruel to those who are bad. I can't even say the stuff she has done other than attacking Furina was actually "evil." Dottore seems way worse.

We are talking about playable characters. Dottore is not playable yet.
Regarding Arle, she is evil through and through, she enjoys taking lives, watching her victim's death struggle, it doesn't matter if she mostly just murders those that are evil themselves.
We had the discussion in here multiple times that Hoyo doesn't like giving us truly evil playable characters, that they try to redeem all playable characters, and they have definitely at least tried that with Childe, Ei, Wanderer to differing success.
Arle however is a lost cause. She's truly evil and Hoyo so far doesn't seem to really try redeeming her. They seem to enjoy showcasing her murderousness to us instead, lol.

I don't really get that vibe. Her framing is more "victim of circumstances" + vigilante. She's merciless and doesn't mind killing, but so far only for bad guys.

Have you read her characterization?
She enjoys killing and her victim's death struggle. That's evil, lol.

Last edited:

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Will need to wait to see her story quest and the main quest but I would say she is not as maniacally evil as Dottore, he takes the cake. But she definitely is too edgy for my tastes, even if she has an utterly tragic past.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
She only kills SAers and child traffickers, it's ok.
And treasure hoarders, but we hate the poors.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Did she… Did she just murder the two guys after luring them to the mansion when they did nothing to her beforehand?

LMAO, she is "redeemed" indeed. The dumb Reddit hyperbole attacks once again.

Fontaine was a blast but one part near the end baffled me, a cutscene involving Neuvillette and Skirk, they are talking about some character named Rhinedottir (Albedo's mother???). I have absolutely no idea who this person is even though Paimon somehow knows. When the heck was this, was it some side quest chain I haven't done yet or some event story?
Welcome to Genshin. Started playing in 2.4, and I felt like a clown every time people start discussing Rhinedottir, fake sky, roguelite events and so on, even reading every single AQ/SQ/WQ/Hangout dialogue.

A big part of the lore is simply locked away behind gacha or limited events, and you have to search for it in the wiki or youtube.

Just finished watching the Fallout tv show and it was pretty good. Got me thinking about video game adaptations.
So if the Ufotable show ever actually comes out, I was thinking of what changes you would make. Or rather wondering what they would be allowed to make.

Especially in regards to Mondstadt/Liyue/Inazuma. I think Sumeru and Fontaine are already a pretty solid base to adapt from in comparison as they sensibly switched to more patches for the main story and included more characters.

Like if you were to adapt Inazuma for example, you should really find a way to bring in Ayato and Itto way earlier and actually involve them in the plot. You should probably bring in Kazuha's no longer existing summer island 2 story to tie this together with his escape from Inazuma.
Or for Liyue including Hu Tao in the funeral rites, or forcing at least some background presence of Yelan in somewhere. You probably wouldn't want to backtrack to older regions to bring in newer characters. If you keep the concept of teleporting to waypoints it would be difficult to follow and probably unsatisfying as a journey.
Do you keep going back for Lantern Rite episodes or shove a bunch together? How much of a gap before you introduce Shenhe and rebuilding the Jade Chamber?
I have a pretty good idea of what I would like to see in an anime adaptation.

• Each season would be like 20 episodes and would tackle a region, with a different supporting cast each time.
  • Some events, Hangouts and WQ stories interspersed amongst the main storyline (the AQs). Playing the game, it becomes obvious that the stories told happen in their own timeline placement (for example: NPCs still mention the Sakoku Decree like it was still happening, even if you already finished Raiden Act II), the anime could make the most important ones happen alongside the main plot. Unreconciled Stars could be a two-part story in S1 since it's relevant lorewise.
  • Each season would end with the final boss battle (Dvalin, Childe, etc.) and the Traveler would bid farewell to everyone, departing for the next nation.
  • This would also give a chance for the Inazuma storyline to be fleshed out with things like an all-out battle between the Rebel and Shogunate armies in the streets of Hanamizaka, more supporting characters joining forces or duking it out on that battlefield, Ayato finally being relevant, Itto unexpectedly appearing to aid Sara and the Traveler on the Tenshukaku raid, etc… This would all give immense emotional weight to the scene where all visions convene to help the Traveler face Raiden.
  • Separate big things like Shadows Amidst Snowstorms, Perilous Trail, From Dusk to Dawn in Byakuyakoku (the Traveler could visit Enkanomiya with Kokomi), Golden Slumber, Dirge of Bilqis… it all could be separate OVAs or even animated feature length movies.

Last edited:

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Feels odd to push Furina all the way back to 4.8 if true. Isn't the final patch typically a dump month to ensure people will be ready to spend at the start of the X.0 patch?

Not complaining too much because it'd give me two full patches to save up for Furina. I've already prefarmed for her. So ideally I can save up enough to be able to get up to her C2 without needing to swipe.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Feels odd to push Furina all the way back to 4.8 if true. Isn't the final patch typically a dump month to ensure people will be ready to spend at the start of the X.0 patch?

Not complaining too much because it'd give me two full patches to save up for Furina. I've already prefarmed for her. So ideally I can save up enough to be able to get up to her C2 without needing to swipe.
Where did you see that? Not seeing anything that implies she is moved back to 4.8 (though obviously could happen)

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Also interesting that Sigewinne may be to Bond of Life what Furina is to HP Manipulation. So suddenly Arlecchino's artifact set would work on other characters as long as you have Sigewinne in the party, just like MH does with Furina.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
X.8 is typically the summer event patch right?
Maybe Furina is getting pushed back to then because the event is about her having a nice relaxing vacation (plus the first ever skin for an "archon").

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
And people will continue to include her in archon fan art, as they should.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Decided to roll weapon banner because I'm skipping the next 3 months at least and would have been fine with either weapon - got Neuv weapon in less than 50 rolls. I beat the system!

So happy I ended up c1r1 my Neuv. He's one of my favorite characters in the game - gameplay wise, strength, story, personality, looks he's got it all for me. He might not be father but he's definitely a daddy

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Going to pour one out for Clorinde/Navia shippers if Wriothesley is the signifcant supporting character in her story quest lol

They got themselves prehyped for the Navia storyquest only for Clorinde to completely no-show it.

I'd feel bad for them, but Clorinde is legit funny with Wriosthesley so this would actually be better.