• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Good reminder to prepare a team with Lynette, Freminet and Xianyun to receive Father.

Explanation: Two people familiar with the new character, plus my last limited five-star to bring on the next.

Hmm...you guys might have a point there...
Well, she fucking obliterated it and rebuilt the HotH elsewhere in Fontaine lol.

And she had to murder a lot of people in that place. To call it "cursed" would be a euphemism lmao.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like it's "targeted" at the "why pull new characters if I can just hyperinvest into a few characters and clear everything forever/just use Raiden National" crowd. To "lessen" the value of vertical investment or rather give more reasons for horizontal investments beyond "I like character".
I need more infos on how it actually works though, but so far I'm cautiosly intrigued. Could be fun. Could suck. Let's hope for the best 🤞
Yes I feel targeted by it lol.
I'm very selective with my investments... still been waiting for my chosen ones for pyro and anemo... so of course they would pick those as 2 of the 3 mandatory elements to start with. -_-
My fully built pyro characters: Thoma, Dehya.
My fully built anemo characters: Wanderer, Jean.

I'm in danger.

Interesting that you can use trial characters and friends characters, so maybe there's still hope.
Obviously it's too soon to panic though and I'm all for more ways to earn primos.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who has trended towards vertical investment over horizontal, the game did kind of need this sort of incentive- and not just finanicially but also to spice up the design a bit/make overreliance on two teams a less optimal solution. That said, I wish it was using region lock instead of element as I feel enemy composition can sort of accomplish the former already and think region lock would have a better shot at giving certain underused units a chance to shine. I also agree that relic farming needs to be much much much easier if we're going to be expected to be outfitting a wider roster of characters.

Re:the first rotation- are we supposed to be fielding two teams with the restriction or is it just one? If it's two I don't know if I can put together an attempt even lol. If it's one I guess I can run my wanderer team (scara/faru/bennett/zhongli) minus zhongli and then build... thoma? for it.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on NA but need to really improve artifacts across the board. I do favor vertical investment as said before though so I have C2 Nahida, C2R1 Cyno, C2 Wanderer and some others.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon slayer:

GKyu6vbbQAALZO9

by https://twitter.com/yoma_0_0

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Her only getting the scythe effect with her specific weapon equipped is devastating. I've resisted the weapon banner for so many years. Damn.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'll have to quickly look at all my characters equipped artifacts/weapons
Whoa, what's with the sharing fever, what did I miss, they finally addin' a new end-game mode or smth?

and some cosplayer with a sword
New abyss mode where you can borrow 1 friend characters, Some restrictions like only being able to use Pyro/Electro/Anemo characters for the first version

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, what's with the sharing fever, what did I miss, they finally addin' a new end-game mode or smth?
New game mode that seems to possibly be a souped up version of the one rogue-like event we once had? But details are still sparse.
What is known:
You start with 6 fixed characters. If you don't own them, you get trial versions. You can add up to 12 characters as reserves (3 difficulty modes, 4/8/12 reserve chars respectively), but they need to have a specific element (only Pyro, Electro and Anemo allowed for season 1). Exceptions are a couple of "special guests" that are off-element, but you need to own them to use them.
You "unlock" characters from your reserve with (random?) events happening in that mode (no idea how that works exactly yet, but it makes me think it could be more similar to that rogue-like event).
Additionally, you can also pick one character from a friend.
620 total primos per season (we do not know how long a season lasts, but possibly a full patch since Clorinde is a Trial character and Siegewinne a Special Guest in season 1).
Regular Abyss will get bumped from 600 to 800 primos.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
I'm normally WFH on patch days but for the last few patches I've had to be in the office for some reason or another, I should simply perish

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh did not read about that it's also specific characters, I should still be fine. Wanderer is definitely getting used, The special guests means I'll probably just go like Alhaitham/Baizhu/Beidou/Someone for a team.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I'll have to quickly look at all my characters equipped artifacts/weapons

New abyss mode where you can borrow 1 friend characters, Some restrictions like only being able to use Pyro/Electro/Anemo characters for the first version
New game mode that seems to possibly be a souped up version of the one rogue-like event we once had? But details are still sparse.
What is known:
You start with 6 fixed characters. If you don't own them, you get trial versions. You can add up to 12 characters as reserves (3 difficulty modes, 4/8/12 reserve chars respectively), but they need to have a specific element (only Pyro, Electro and Anemo allowed for season 1). Exceptions are a couple of "special guests" that are off-element, but you need to own them to use them.
You "unlock" characters from your reserve with (random?) events happening in that mode (no idea how that works exactly yet, but it makes me think it could be more similar to that rogue-like event).
Additionally, you can also pick one character from a friend.
620 total primos per season (we do not know how long a season lasts, but possibly a full patch since Clorinde is a Trial character and Siegewinne a Special Guest in season 1).
Regular Abyss will get bumped from 600 to 800 primos.

cheers

1e300f71fe7aff5ee6caa350a0895bab9e9aa740.gif

I'm in EU and my acc is stacked so holla at me if any of you need a boost lol.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I might go for the new character tbh. I shouldn't be that far off a garunteed pull. Any idea how far away Skirk might be? She's the other one on my list and tbh I'm getting the feeling she may be closer than expected. Also when's the new banner go live? I figured it would be up already

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I might go for the new character tbh. I shouldn't be that far off a garunteed pull. Any idea how far away Skirk might be? She's the other one on my list and tbh I'm getting the feeling she may be closer than expected. Also when's the new banner go live? I figured it would be up already
Skirk is probably like 3 years away.
And banners go live in like 10-11 hours

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I could be wrong but I feel like characters like her and Dain will take years before they happen. New banner should be in 11 hours

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

Is Skirk even playable?

I thought I read her character model doesn't match any of the playable female ones.

It's before my time but I read the same about Signora.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Counting down the hours until Arle.

Im just seeing the stuff from the new Abyss and my strongest character from those elements has to be C1 Wanderer.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Skirk is probably like 3 years away.
And banners go live in like 10-11 hours
I could be wrong but I feel like characters like her and Dain will take years before they happen. New banner should be in 11 hours
Ah thanks, well I guess I can comfortably pull for Arle without worrying then lol. I'm a couple thousand primos from a garunteed pull so with a bit of grinding or maybe some luck I should be on for getting her without much trouble. Ah I guess she goes up at reset then? I always check the times in game but I guess they're never localised as it implies in 55 minutes lol
Is Skirk even playable?

I thought I read her character model doesn't match any of the playable female ones.

It's before my time but I read the same about Signora.
I hope she is lol. There's always the possibility she isn't but she kinda grabbed me as one to chase with her spot in the story at the end of Furinas arc.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Just goin thru the leaks
Shout out to my fellow horizontal investors
akrien.gif

I wonder if you can view the friends unit first because it would be very funny to jumpscare people with cursed builds like pyro Ayato

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Man I've rewatched Arle's demo so many times now.
It's sooooooo freaking cool. One of the all time best.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this on reddit, never seen the "Teyvat is actually Earth's moon" theory before but this is pretty sus:

uIlu2OQ.png
abmavIO.png