• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Just goin thru the leaks
Shout out to my fellow horizontal investors
akrien.gif

I wonder if you can view the friends unit first because it would be very funny to jumpscare people with cursed builds like pyro Ayato

Not just horizontal investment, the mode is rewarding people who invest in unpopular characters as well.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Not just horizontal investment, the mode is rewarding people who invest in unpopular characters as well.

Also people who pull more than one DPS of each element. "You don't need Arlecchino if you already have Hu Tao built." etc.

For real there's been characters like Tighnari I've been sitting on because I already had Alhaitham built and their teams have so much overlap I didn't feel strongly compelled to build him. But now if there is going to be a mode where I need to run dendro units but there's a hard restriction on how much I can run Alhaitham in chambers, suddenly having a pocket Tighnari becomes way more valuable. lol

Last edited:

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Also people who pull more than one DPS of each element. "You don't need Arlecchino if you already have Hu Tao built." etc. Like hell, this mode would hypothetically make it valid to have both a pocket Xiao and Wanderer.

It makes me decided to pull Navia since I have no Geo DPS and to farm her domain instead of MH since you never know if they will pair Geo with Hydro for me to use Furina.

MH set gets less appealing now.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I think my only 4* not really built 4* are like Dori, Candace, Amber and Charlotte but they still have artifacts on them.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
EU folks has Csr I think, most of his hypercarry characters are stacked.

Happy to lend my characters to anyone who wants them though only Raiden and Ayaka have highish cons, other limited 5* are at c0 besides Neuvillette and Zhongli at c1. I do switch artifacts around sometimes so I might forget to gear a character properly, I'll try to do that less when the new abyss comes.
ID: 703389645

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Im gonna let my resin hit the cap today and do my dailies at night with Arle. I already have 5 condensed resins and theres a world boss, a weekly boss and an artifact domain to grind for this patch.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Look at all your new friends...

tumblr_mtan92YR4p1shtlnpo1_250.gif

Let's hope you won't forget those who were with you from the beginning, through thick and thin, without demanding anything in return...
Of course not, you were one of the first people I added in Genshin Tyaren! :)

Happy to lend my characters to anyone who wants them though only Raiden and Ayaka have highish cons, other limited 5* are at c0 besides Neuvillette and Zhongli at c1. I do switch artifacts around sometimes so I might forget to gear a character properly, I'll try to do that less when the new abyss comes.
ID: 703389645
Added you! Yay for more friends.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I randomly warp to a Sumeru waypoint move a little and
7ay41xM.jpg

How did I miss this chest just standing there

I can't believe Hoyo totally went back and retroactively added that chest in the game. lol

Makes sense since that chest didn't show up until after a specific Sorush event that happened after the area was initially added.

I may need to loop back and see if I ever claimed that chest now lol

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
So thinking of pulls:
-Including 20 pity and emergency welkin crystals I have about 215 for Arle, ideally I would like to keep those
So at the absolute disastrous worst case scenario of 2 full 90 pulls I have 35 remaining

-I don't think I can justify the weapon, even if it's a nice banner with some 4 stars I don't have, if I get absurdly lucky with a very early Arle (not gonna happen) I'll consider the weapon. Fontaine has not been lucky for me.
It's also been so long since I have pulled on a weapon that the history is wiped and I don't know what the pity is.

-I don't give a single shit about any of the 4 stars constellations, stopping the moment she drops.

-Can't pull on the second half because I have Wanderer/Baizhu so hopefully no 4 stars I want. Please let Chev turn up with Clorinde and Mika with Wrio.

-The next patch looks crazy for characters, I have to have something left in the tank

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Looked through all the new kits. Obviously early/questionable wording/missing numbers but....

I think its three easy skips for me? Which is kinda nice in that I want to hold for Furina anyways but also yknow.... you never really want to call new designs that.

Against all odds, Sigewinne is probably the one with most appeal to me despite the character art.... being the exact opposite order. I'm fine with the shorter model characters getting five stars but if theyre going to be five stars and on field five stars specifically they really need to give them mobility/qol parity with adult models. Her being a skill buffer specifically is a pretty cool niche but I still have a kokomi I'm working on so I don't really need another hydro healer that does some stuff off field but really wants to be onfield, even if shes likely way better for damage and furina

For clorinde... really need to see it in action as its harder to conceptualize for me than the other two reading it. I don't hate bond of life but I do hate that all the characters using it are getting dropped back to back instead of more naturally distributed throughout fontaine. I'm not sure the usage of it has been particularly elegant or interesting either. Also her flavor seems kind of weird.... shes a champion duelist who enters as the lone representative to carry out matches of honor, not a cop roaming around the streets at night calling her cop buddies in as the flavor of her kit and constellations seems to imply

Sethos could be cool but potentially displacing cyno as the aggravate dps of choice or even sidegrade when hes at c6 would really disappoint me as a cyno main and moreover, using charged bow shots as an integral part of your kit is a great way to immediately make me dislike you regardless of the rest. Him going c6 yelan as a core part of his design is pretty cool though. Maybe if Furina gets the rerun in 4.7 and hes on that banner I'll end up giving him a try

Edit: lol thanks for calling out that sumeru chest. was missing for me too.

I expected more onfielders but not literally all three out of three. Kind of bordering on parody hoyo lol. I know they sell well but at a certain point people are just going to be out of places to put all these new characters youre trying to sell them when they all compete for the same spot.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So this one may make Orion happy. With the new style of Abyss I'll probably wind up pulling Ayato once he hits the Chronicle Wish banner since he was a unit I had always on the fence about pulling. Yoimiya is another one in that category so hopefully there's an Inazuma-themed banner like that later down the line.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
So this one may make Orion happy. With the new style of Abyss I'll probably wind up pulling Ayato once he hits the Chronicle Wish banner since he was a unit I had always on the fence about pulling. Yoimiya is another one in that category so hopefully there's an Inazuma-themed banner like that later down the line.
Ayato is super fun to play and I love how flexible his teams are. I have Ayato and Haran on both my accounts. I just need to actually level him on my main account, but on my alt he is my main dps and so fun.
Unfortunately he needs to wait a bit more, I just started levelling Xiao and his spear today. xD

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My Ayato is at 99.5% crit rate/200.3% CD and it bothers me. I know one day using him he's somehow gonna miss a crit.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Me, before 4.1 dropped: "Yeah, think I'll pull Ayato next time he appears. His gameplay is fun, just hold attack and--"

Neuvillette: "Allow me to introduce myself."

Still intend to do it… someday.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
thinking on it again, scratch the region lock idea. and the element idea theyre using.

give us an abyss that limits element AND region both to truly drag the unused characters out >>

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone gushing about that chest doesn't even realize what Hoyoverse in return took from us again:

52815424083_da79900dd6_o.png

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Well I finished Act 2 of Fontaine last night and I found the Traveler to be a lot better in that (more compassionate, etc.). Also more Navia is always great, and I'm continuing to enjoy all of the little trial/detective stuff. I never expected any of this going into Fontaine so it comes as a pleasant surprise. Also, really loving Furina any time she shows up on screen. She's such a little gremlin.

You know I'm enjoying things when I clear a full Act in a single sitting every time I login to play. Excited to see how Acts 3-5 develop!

I agree with the part about the Traveler's reaction to Lyney and Lynette, but the part about Navia is at least consistent. The Traveler didn't want to get involved with the vision hunt decree initially and basically had to be manipulated into caring about it by Ayaka.
It's been a while since I finished Inazuma so honestly it's difficult for me to remember exactly how the Traveler became involved. Even if this is the case, at least with Inazuma the Hunt Decree was the Archon's doing and not some random criminal. I know the event stories aren't canon in a lot of ways, but it was whiplash for me personally to go from:

"Hey Traveler, would you help me set up a cat cafe in town and assist me in decorating the place and petting these cats?"

Traveler - "Sure, happy to help!"

to

"Hey Traveler, there's a criminal going around killing young women by turning them into puddles of water, do you think you might assist me in capturing the culprit?"

Traveler - "Sorry, not my problem. You're on your own."

Plus it probably didn't help that I really loved Navia and her energy. Seeing her sense of disappointment hit me hard, and she still had the kindness to treat them to a meal. What a sweet Ojou-sama.

Yeah, hard disagree on that specific instance.

Childe is a jackass but never hid from us that he's a Fatui, while Lyney and Lynette wanted us to help them get out of that predicament while hiding important info from us all the time. We got bamboozled by Furina in the trial because we were in the dark about their affiliations.

I'd also be pissed at them if I was on the Traveler's shoes.
If your father is a murderer, you don't start your first day in school going around to each classmate telling them that your dad enjoys skinning his victims and using their flesh as meat suits. Lyney and Lynette were from Fontaine and, given how quickly the audience in the trial turned on them the second it was mentioned that they're from the Fatui, it's understandable why they didn't come right out and state it as such to the Traveler. They had no idea how people would react to that bit of news despite having no involvement themselves in any Fatui activity themselves (they were only interested in helping the people of Fontaine) and, given how nasty Traveler was the second they found out, I can't say Lyney/Lynette's assumption was wrong.

Yes, it's probably something they should have revealed up-front (especially since Traveler was representing them in court), but they've also likely heard a lot of ire/hate in-regard to Fatui mentions in Fontaine (and elsewhere), so I can see why they might have wanted to keep those details closer to the chest. It's just really weird to me how Traveler acted when he found out. Even Paimon seemed a bit confused. Like she was angry (for them not being completely honest), but she still ended the meeting by saying a proper goodbye. Traveler just kind of walked off, even after hearing Lyney/Lynette's tragic backstory.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I kind of wish the devs had got out ahead of this like the Star Rail devs just did with their new endgame mode.

I'm obviously happy it exists at all, but it just feels like this should have been a bigger moment for the community than a few leaks on Reddit.

Interested to see how it works. It's difficult to make any kind of judgement at the moment.

Know to never doubt Foul. The kits are what they said they would be last week.

I told you last time, Hoyo have teamed with Konami. They got the Yu-Gi-Oh card writers on this!

It's actually a lot like Arle's in the sense that it looks complicated, but it's very linear. The only difference is it does sound like Clorinde's E gives her a gun form and it's like Wriothesley's E. Also if I had to guess I think you use Q at the start of her rotation rather than at the start of the team rotation. It still looks like aggravate (with Kazuha, I don't think Sucrose will work as well due to her lack of flexibility) or quickbloom will be her best. But otherwise she's mostly a normal attacker (at least, she doesn't get any bonuses for CA, if her E form even has one at all).

I need to see her in action. It's as we both said before we saw Arle, animations can make a big difference. Can't say the kit itself excites me too much, but I'll keep an eye out.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There's a time trial that was added at the same time in the area above the chest too.

Oh yeah thanks for this

rONfKrd.jpg

You WANT more Xianglings?!?! O_0.

I have Chiori in that same spot… that way she'll: E-Switch>QiuFlipFlip>Rainswords>D(E)yha>Arl(E)(Q)inno>-!X!>SlaXhSlaxhSlaxh!

Should be fun if I get her tonight!

One never has enough Xianglings
araNXR8.png

Just C30. I'll really hope for only Lynettes and Freminets but I stop when Arle happens

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I kind of wish the devs had got out ahead of this like the Star Rail devs just did with their new endgame mode.

I'm obviously happy it exists at all, but it just feels like this should have been a bigger moment for the community than a few leaks on Reddit.
? Pure Fiction also got leaked way before they officially announced it, which would be the comparison to this and that didn't diminish the official announcement, which will be the same here.
Sometimes it feels like you're just nitpicking for the sake of it :P

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Will add any EU peeps on here, if you get a request from Kirbzee that's me :)

My ID is 700671760 if anyone wants to take advantage of my poor financial decisions in potential future content where it allows that lol

Last edited:

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
? Pure Fiction also got leaked way before they officially announced it, which would be the comparison to this and that didn't diminish the official announcement, which will be the same here.
Sometimes it feels like you're just nitpicking for the sake of it :P

That's not the comparison I'm making though. I'm saying the Star Rail devs, after talking about how leaks hurt them on the latest livestream, knew the new mode would leak in a week when the beta hits.

So they got out in front of it - it's why they've started the new content creator program too (though I think that's ineffective).

Star Rail has three endgame modes and a replayable mode within a year. It's not really a big deal over there.

But people have been holding out hope for additional endgame content for years. This is a huge deal. The devs care about leaks, it's why they've taken legal action in the past.

I just think they could have got out ahead of it and really made something of it. Instead, the community will be trying to piece together what all these leaks mean for weeks. And half the community will know weeks in advance too.

So there! :P

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
That's not the comparison I'm making though. I'm saying the Star Rail devs, after talking about how leaks hurt them on the latest livestream, knew the new mode would leak in a week when the beta hits.

So they got out in front of it - it's why they've started the new content creator program too (though I think that's ineffective).

Star Rail has three endgame modes and a replayable mode within a year. It's not really a big deal over there.

But people have been holding out hope for additional endgame content for years. This is a huge deal. The devs care about leaks, it's why they've taken legal action in the past.

I just think they could have got out ahead of it and really made something of it. Instead, the community will be trying to piece together what all these leaks mean for weeks. And half the community will know weeks in advance too.

So there! :P
Fair enough, I didn't think about it from the "post-dev stream" angle.