• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't decided if I'm going to get Father yet, but if I did I think I'd wish on the roof of Furina's apartment.

So this one may make Orion happy. With the new style of Abyss I'll probably wind up pulling Ayato once he hits the Chronicle Wish banner since he was a unit I had always on the fence about pulling. Yoimiya is another one in that category so hopefully there's an Inazuma-themed banner like that later down the line.
Indeed, we always enjoy seeing others choose talent!

ayato-genshin-impact.gif

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Fair enough, I didn't think about it from the "post-dev stream" angle.

But you're right in the sense that I should be more positive.

I've heavily criticised the team for just adding more and more content, without investing in replayabke content and new modes of play.

And here they are doing it - so I can't be a party pooper. No matter what form this new content takes, I welcome it with open arms and am excited to see what it's all about.

The irony is, I really enjoy the combat and have a lot of fun seeing how characters synergise, but for me, I'm equally, if not more interested in the world, the characters and so on.

My assertion has just always been, 90% of the game's progression systems are built around improving your character's combat prowess, so please give us content so we can use these characters.

Pay off the investment I've made in time and patience.

But again, it's just one aspect I love. It's why I write feature length posts about Raiden and Inazuma, or why I write big posts about the map design, and what I love about each nation.

I've got a 2,000 word post about why I think Furina works as a plot device but isn't a particularly compelling character sat in my notes…

.. one day I'll pluck up the courage to post it!

I've got an even bigger post about Fontaine floating around, everything I love, what didn't work as well for me and how it stacks up to the other nations.

But now some form of investment in endgame is finally here. I'm chuffed. Now, it's time to continue my crusade against time-limited events that stop them from telling meaningful stories! :)

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Arle is coming home tonight and hopefully her weapon too. The trailer was cool but not as awesome as the Furina one.

On another note, I'm continue to be impressed with Navia. She is the best Geo DPS one of the top 3 strongest units in my roster. She just shotguns things into oblivion. I hope to add more cons to her.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Phew, thank goodness that otterocious banner is gone and my account remains free of his false justice~

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
New Abyss
So they list 6 characters as opening characters you need to pick no matter what.

Sayu, Beidou, Chevy, Wanderer, Arle, Clorinde

Any team of 4 out of these 6 will be anti synergistic, 3 onfield dps and Chevy's major buff won't work with Sayu and Wanderer. Wanderer should be kicked out eventually because one of the enemies is the Dancing Couple, which has Ameno res unless you're just that hardcore. So it strongly encourages switching out the opening party for coherent reserve members that you only unlock after completing challenges. There's no dps whose favorite supports are a team of Sayu, Beidou, Chevy so it's easier to replace the off fielders than have to restart teambuilding by replacing one of Wanderer, Arle, Clorinde.

Gonna be some initial chaos. Assuming that's how it works.

Or bypass team theorycrafting and befriend someone with C6R5.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the first time new characters come out that aren't using the newest boss mats? Not that I'm complaining lol. You would be backed up for months if you were someone interested in Arlecchino, Clorinde, and Sigwinne.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
6 hours to wait or less.

New Abyss
So they list 6 characters as opening characters you need to pick no matter what.

Sayu, Beidou, Chevy, Wanderer, Arle, Clorinde

Any team of 4 out of these 6 will be anti synergistic, 3 onfield dps and Chevy's major buff won't work with Sayu and Wanderer. Wanderer should be kicked out eventually because one of the enemies is the Dancing Couple, which has Ameno res unless you're just that hardcore. So it strongly encourages switching out the opening party for coherent reserve members that you only unlock after completing challenges. There's no dps whose favorite supports are a team of Sayu, Beidou, Chevy so it's easier to replace the off fielders than have to restart teambuilding by replacing one of Wanderer, Arle, Clorinde.

Gonna be some initial chaos. Assuming that's how it works.

Or bypass team theorycrafting and befriend someone with C6R5.

Having to use these 6 will be a pain but I'll believe in my C4 Wanderer, Hopefully my Arle and Clorinde if I manage to get them will be super strong too.

Arle/Clorinde/Beidou/Chevreuse can probably do decent.

My C6 Raiden and Miko will totally be in reserves if I'm allowed when we learn how it really works, Then of Course Bennett.

not complaining but weird they dont use Arle mats. I'll actually do 3 weekly bosses each week again.

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
Does anyone here do overworld artifact routes? Ive optimized a route that yields 130-140+ a day (30ish minutes) and even though Ive cooled down on using it I would like to know if better routes exist. I tried searching but everything I found seems really outdated.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

PRAISE KING DESHRET

No fucking Scarabs. lol

The more I read it, the more I don't dislike it. Yeah he's basically an Electro Tighnari right down to the mechanics of his skill and burst, but as an electro unit you can actually more comfortably gear his team comp to being a quickbloom one. Though his luxury team would be himself, Nahida, Furina and Baizhu.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Different weekly boss mats? They aren't just using the Knave's simply because she's the last boss released?

Mihoyo, are you alright? Type a ":" if you're under threat!

If your father is a murderer, you don't start your first day in school going around to each classmate telling them that your dad enjoys skinning his victims and using their flesh as meat suits. Lyney and Lynette were from Fontaine and, given how quickly the audience in the trial turned on them the second it was mentioned that they're from the Fatui, it's understandable why they didn't come right out and state it as such to the Traveler. They had no idea how people would react to that bit of news despite having no involvement themselves in any Fatui activity themselves (they were only interested in helping the people of Fontaine) and, given how nasty Traveler was the second they found out, I can't say Lyney/Lynette's assumption was wrong.

Yes, it's probably something they should have revealed up-front (especially since Traveler was representing them in court), but they've also likely heard a lot of ire/hate in-regard to Fatui mentions in Fontaine (and elsewhere), so I can see why they might have wanted to keep those details closer to the chest. It's just really weird to me how Traveler acted when he found out. Even Paimon seemed a bit confused. Like she was angry (for them not being completely honest), but she still ended the meeting by saying a proper goodbye. Traveler just kind of walked off, even after hearing Lyney/Lynette's tragic backstory.
It was nothing comparable to a first day on school, tho. As soon as the Traveler accepted the task of being their defense attorney on court, they should have undisclosed literally everything they knew that could be used against them in trial.

They knew exactly how people would react when they found out about them being Fatui, and that's why they hid it from us. But from that moment on, that should have been revealed to us beforehand so we could come in prepared. We knew very little about those two beforehand, and that's a big no-no when you're going to defend someone in court.

Again, I thought the reaction was appropriate. Honestly, I'd also be pissed at them in that situation. I'm your defense attorney, damn it. You don't want to hide anything from me and end up sabotaging your own trial. And yet, the Traveler ended up helping them nonetheless, so it isn't like they completely ignored Lyney and Lynette's story, or their history of helping people in Fontaine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Fate will decide if I'll add Father to my roster tonight or if I'll C6 Diluc, lol.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Okay I thought as much, I already got the luxurious chest from the Sumeru desert. I remember falling into that hole sometime last summer. lol

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Finally got the update goin on ps5
Gonna try and force myself to sleep and wake up at 3am-ish to grab resin n pull, got a full day tomorrow so can't play
It's probably gonna take me until Sunday to unlock the weekly boss

I just managed to finish Act 1 of Baldur's Gate 3 before the maintenance started, gonna take a break from that for a while

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope I get lucky, only 120 wishes saved. I'm skipping the weapon banner for once, unless I get extremely lucky.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I need sleep, so I'll be up in 6 hours to pull. 80 wishes saved but I've topped up with PSN credit 🥲

Kinda regret that I wasted wishes on Neuv's weapon when I knew I'd be going for Arlecchino and Clorinde, d'oh.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Game folder size is down to 73GB for me. Those changes indeed made a difference.

71 pity, 50/50, 184 pulls saved. What it'll be…?

Since maintenance ends between 11pm and midnight here, I'll need to wait until tomorrow to do my pulls.

Sleeping is the hardest part lmao.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I might wait until I see Clorinde gameplay first before I pull, unless Arlecchino's demo is super fun. We'll see.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those patches (usually map expansions) where I need to stay up. It'll be around 4am-5am until it goes live again. ;__;

By the way, have there been patch notes? There's often interesting stuff to be found in there that they didn't communicate before.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Updated finished! I now just wait

If I ignored the 4* HP% Sword back then I would have 40 extra pulls. it's on Kirara right now I think.

Ignore the 212 pulls on the recent Miko banner

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is one of those patches (usually map expansions) where I need to stay up. It'll be around 4am-5am until it goes live again. ;__;

By the way, have there been patch notes? There's often interesting stuff to be found in there that they didn't communicate before.

HoYoLAB - Official Community

HoYoLAB is the community forum for Genshin Impact and Honkai Impact 3rd, with official information about game events, perks, fan art, and other exciting content.

View: https://x.com/GenshinImpact/status/1782907307396936084