• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Lynette went from C1 to C5 and Freminet went from C1 to C4. I did 30 extra pulls after Arle on Lyney's banner but Im stopping and yeah I did see some Xianglings.

Got Arle to 70
mMMOrUr.jpg

Talents 6/6/6 so enough for today.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
what is the best alternative if you can't get the sycthe? but it just seems wrong not to try to pull for it lol

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
there's a reason it's called a scam banner :(, i didn't know it doesn't carryover like in HSR
HSR separates the 5-star LCs to their own banners, so there's no need for epitomized path there. In Genshin, pity does carry over, but it's only for the 50/50 on getting standard versus exclusive. You can still subsequently lose the exclusive coin-flip to the other weapon on the banner, which is why epitomized path exists in Genshin.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They added a lot of Sumeru jungle and desert. While it's visually nicely crafted (no comparison to those unfinished border areas of Mondstadt), it does not have the usual density in enemies, treasures, puzzles etc.. That feels very weird.
As a veteran player I'm like: Oh, this wasn't here before, and it's just meant to fill in the map! But I'd assume for a new player it feels weird running into such empty areas. Like: Where's everyone gone?!

Last edited:

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what to do with all these bows. I just thought one would be nice for Fischl. Tighnari and... Yoimiya maybe?

Do you have a ganyu? Also at a certain point could just refine 1 and keep an r2 and r1. Unless you think youll hit a point where youre fielding 3 great magic wielders between two teams lol

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
HSR separates the 5-star LCs to their own banners, so there's no need for epitomized path there. In Genshin, pity does carry over, but it's only for the 50/50 on getting standard versus exclusive. You can still subsequently lose the exclusive coin-flip to the other weapon on the banner, which is why epitomized path exists in Genshin.

ah I guess it's the consequence of having 2 featured weapons in banner , I still remember when the epitomized path didn't exist, I remember a streamer spending like $2000 to get a wanted weapon lol

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
theres no reason they couldnt just do what hsr does for weapon banner here. and for chronicled path too for that matter.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
theres no reason they couldnt just do what hsr does for weapon banner here. and for chronicled path too for that matter.

yeah and also HSR is going to add more end game modes very soon , and meanwhile Genshin lol

anyway, which 4 star is good on Father? not going to bother getting her if I can't get her weapon though

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The weapon banner here is just worse. Combining the two banners just lowers the rate for the one you want, and you cant "save" the guarantee until another banner you want rolls around.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Deathmatch seems like a weapon that visually suits her really well instead of her BIS.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, took 150 pulls for Father to arrive.
Jean is C3 now. I was mostly spared Xiangling at least and got lots of Lynettes and Freminets.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Only had enough primo for a 10-pull.

Turns out that was enough for Arlecchino. I don't know where my pity was at, kind of sucks if I just missed on Neuvillette :(

I have no idea how to play her lol.

I'll see if the usual content creators posted a guide yet.

KQM had nothing when I checked earlier.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the paimon.moe wish counter isn't working. I want to budget my wishes and check on my pity. Hopefully they can get it back up soon.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK

Turns out that was enough for Arlecchino. I don't know where my pity was at, kind of sucks if I just missed on Neuvillette :(

Just spotted this

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8xP2FXY3CQ

Do you have a ganyu? Also at a certain point could just refine 1 and keep an r2 and r1. Unless you think youll hit a point where youre fielding 3 great magic wielders between two teams lol

No Ganyu, probably never will be Ganyu.. Maybe I will refine one.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017

congrats! I had to skip her in order to get Neuv and his weapon, no regrets though

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
RIGHT here's the maddest shit.

Logged in, went on a red dot clearing frenzy in the UI.

To clear the red dot on the weapon banner, I set the path to the bow.

Then I did this

So I pulled for the scythe, forgetting I'd set the path for the bow (like 2 minutes earlier).

And

AND

THIS HAPPENED

oUGMhCu.png

edit: did another 2 10-pulls with the path set correctly this time. Now I have a third bow...

The gacha god wants you to pull Lyney. But grats, it's still a generalist bow and you got triple 5 ⭐ and another early 5 star. Mad luck.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, guess my pulls weren't super early, just kinda early for me.
Took me 99 (9 10 pulls, 9 pity from before) to get Arlecchino and C6 Freminet (who started at C1), and 65 for the weapon.

Good luck for me, and of course I did win the 50/50 and 37.5/37.5/25.

Harvestmoon

Jun 21, 2019
I wanted a Xiangling con Lol, need that C4. Threw 35 wishes into Arle's banner, of course got 3 Freminet. Now sitting at 71 pity 50/50… and i'm out. Clorinde here I go!

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Guuuys, you need to go atop the highest peak of the jungle part of Sumeru (next to Vanarana) that has now become accessible. The views of the entire world are breathtaking! O:

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I think im gonna buy thr BP and stick a deathmatch on Arle until her rerun. Ill get you, scythe...

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats on the pulls everyone!

I was going to wait until Clorinde leaks before pulling, but I figured I'd give it a 50/50 and see how things went. It had to go up until the soft pity, but I managed to win and get Arlecchino! Not touching the weapon banner though, despite wanting her spear. I'll just use one of my PJWS on her (or my Homa) and call it a day.

Sucks I can't level or do anything with her yet, since I literally just started doing Fontaine stuff the day before yesterday. It's probably going to be a month before I get her up-and-running. I wish this game had a material exchange thing like Star Rail has, where you can convert for whatever you want at a 2:1 ratio.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I need to sleep but also I need to do this first.

Do it before you go to sleep, like me. You'll have something cool to think about when you drift asleep. :)
Seriously, Teyvat has become so massive and detailed. I honestly can't recall any other game world that can compare.
A new player coming to a place like that mountain top must feel so excited, probably also overwhelmed, lol.

But I'm busy killing things to make Arle stronger!!!

I'm very surprised anyone listened to me at all talking about the environment/map, when everyone for at least the next 10 pages seems to be focused solely on the gacha and leveling up, lol.

Last edited:

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Hey the new area look and music is the main thing I'm looking at right now.

Although also a note of appreciation for the new avatars letting me rep aranara

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Do it before you go to sleep, like I. You'll have some cool to think about when you drift asleep.
Seriously, Teyvat has become so massive and detailed. I honestly can't recall any other game world that can compare.

I did! Well worth it. It is strangely desolate climbing up there directly from Vanarana. Just a few mint plants and a tiger. At least there was stuff to do at the top.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
New avatars are nice but I'm probably never changing unless they give me another Raiden one and second accounts is staying on Fischl.
My roster now
GTZ19Xd.png

Arle will be up with the other 5* in a few days. I did get C9 Yaoyao from standard.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
My luck in the new domain is some of the worst I've ever had. I have so many of the burning pieces lmao. Maybe like 20% of them have been the Bond of Life Set.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
The Arle pulls didn't end up going very well. C1 Dehya, First Great Magic, and a Skyward Harp on my way to C0R1. At least those are pieces I'm happy to get and I still have enough for Chlorinde. Wario will have to wait until next time most likely though.

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Got The Knave with 50 pulls.

I was guaranteed but didn't have any other wishes beyond this (it was legit my last pull), so I'm glad that at least I don't have to grind Primos to get her.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I did! Well worth it. It is strangely desolate climbing up there directly from Vanarana. Just a few mint plants and a tiger. At least there was stuff to do at the top.

I think you took the wrong way, lol. In the north a path leads up to the top from Bayda Harbor. There are actually some enemies, chests, wind currents and grappling points on the way up. ;)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Got Arlechinno to 80 with 6/6/6 talents so that's good enough for tonight. Will continue to build her throughout the week.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hope everyone's pulls are going well~

Hopped on real quick to try out Arle and I'm relieved to say that she doesn't appear to be the right pyro Father for me, so I'll continue saving whilst holding out for a Natlan hero. I'm just not getting that must have feeling for whatever reason. Maybe I just have no patience to learn what these Bond of Life shenanigans entail atm... pls don't throw this on all Natlan characters...