• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Want to know that also. Thinking about livestreaming it on the channel I maintain with some friends, but if it's more than 3 hours with lots of dialogue, I might do it beforehand and only explore it after.

Also, how much until I unlock the new world boss?

And, is this quest like Chenyu Vale's one, where it starts just by entering Petrichor? Hoyo loves to put those traps on the overworld.

Thanks, guys. Problem is, those 4* were all characters I have no use for, and XL was already C6 since 2022. I wanted that 50/50 loss to be a Jean or Dehya at least. Looks like I'm back to my 2022 luck, I guess.

From now on I'm only pulling with at least 160+ pulls in the bank. Noted.
Waiting for Chlorine leaks to drop before deciding to pull the lever on Arle.

How long does it take to unlock the new world boss to farm her leveling ascension material?
15-20 minutes if you read the quest.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
Last post before I sleep early.

J1xEu5H.jpeg

This is one oddly stuck out island that I don't remember seeing...

S9lx1U3.jpeg

...after walking 10000 steps on water and enjoying a treat

2zWzB6y.jpeg

That is one detailed mailbox props.

NY0m29a.jpeg

Lastly, the new Sumeru port.

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
So about Abyss in the next patch: Its going from twice a month to once a month now. So assuming the second abyss is also once per month its still a net gain of 220 primos but still disappointed. Abyss is the only time i get even remotely a challenge.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Otousan get

Gd62SWy.png

I swallowed my pride and paid just because I wasn't in the mood to farm quests and chests after months of doing that for Otter and Kaz. Around 60 pity.

Now I'll just save for Zhongli and the next OP Natlas character.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
The new Sumeru shore area is extremely disappointing. I know it's not the main part of the patch but still, it's a pretty big stretch of land that's almost completely empty. I guess they were really desperate to fill the hole in the map within 4.x. Not to mention Bayda harbour barely even counting as a village with its two houses right after the excellent Qiaoying village last expansion.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm really leveling 8 4* artifacts to 16 for that 1 standard wish. Well the artifacts EXP potions are also nice.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Arle is said to have poor synergy with Furina because Furina wants healing to stack Fanfare, while Arle needs her Bond of Life (BoL) not to be cleared by healing. However, because Arle cannot be healed by teammates during combat, wouldn't a team-wide healer still make her work pretty well with Furina? (for example, Zhongli, Jean/Xianyun, Arle, Furina).

At the end of the rotation when BoL is nearly depleted (low self buff) but still enough to give infusion, Arle can even use plunge attack to make up for it.

Last edited:

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
It feels sooooo good not having the large impassable void in the centre of the map anymore. I'm so glad they filled it in. That is all.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
God that new wave of abyss changes. Going to wait for everything to be fully out and announced before passing final judgment but if we actually end up with the same or less abyss playtime/content per month that is legit more dispiriting than them not touching endgame at all.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
How is Dragon's Bane on Arlecchino?

I'm already using Deathmatch on Xiao and trying to get it to R5 for him since I got a good build going for them.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Tyaren, can confirm that you can see Petrichor from the tower:
HIhFDB4.png

Also waited two whole patches to capture the Votive Rainjade and the tower in the same picture, but the results are sadly lackluster. The gap between them is just really big and unsightly, and the Rainjade will cease to exist if you get too far away from it. Hoyoverse would need to improve the draw distances to change that, but it's probably not too high on their to-do list.
V2UQDqM.png

75gOGHb.png

I just wake up after pulling an all-nighter, and this is the mention I first see.
You truly are an evil man, you know that?
Paimon thinks you deserve an ugly nickname!

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
leveled up my Arle, damn she's fun to use. I don't fully have a grip on her kit yet, but she absolutely melted the mirror maidens in the abyss which I usually struggle with a bit (i don't have a particularly great account I guess)

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
It's just the first quest that you need to unlock the area.
So, the entire map is available after doing that quest? Great, thanks.

The boss itself is available pretty early into the WQ. Once you go underwater, you can start tracking the boss.
Oh, I see. Looks like they heard the massive cry about the Aranara questline lol.

Thanks for the info. Pretty busy with IRL things now, but I'll make my dive into Remuria in a few hours.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
So, the entire map is available after doing that quest? Great, thanks.

You only need to do the quest up to the point it opens the new area. After reaching the first waypoint in that area, there are two ways to go, one way is to where the continuation of the quest is, and the other way leads to the boss area.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
So about Abyss in the next patch: Its going from twice a month to once a month now. So assuming the second abyss is also once per month its still a net gain of 220 primos but still disappointed. Abyss is the only time i get even remotely a challenge.
Yah, 220 different is very low.

HSR will have 3 end game
Each one give give 720 jades per 42 days.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Arle is said to have poor synergy with Furina because Furina wants healing to stack Fanfare, while Arle needs her Bond of Life (BoL) not to be cleared by healing. However, because Arle cannot be healed by teammates during combat, wouldn't a team-wide healer still make her work pretty well with Furina? (for example, Zhongli, Jean/Xianyun, Arle, Furina).

At the end of the rotation when BoL is nearly depleted (low self buff) but still enough to give infusion, Arle can even use plunge attack to make up for it.

I tried this team vs the Dancer robot in F12-3-1.

Because that boss breaks Zhongli's shield so quickly that I had to switch to refresh his shield before switching to Arle so the rotation is quite scuffed. However, it works pretty well.

View: https://streamable.com/y4c62y

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Last post before I sleep early.

J1xEu5H.jpeg

This is one oddly stuck out island that I don't remember seeing...

S9lx1U3.jpeg

...after walking 10000 steps on water and enjoying a treat

2zWzB6y.jpeg

That is one detailed mailbox props.

NY0m29a.jpeg

Lastly, the new Sumeru port.

Nice pics! And I also walked over to the island on water. Was a cool feeling to reach it that way.
Even on PS5 the surrounding views of that island are very beautiful and super impressive.
I'm gonna take so many photos...

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So 4.7 Abyss reward information rolling out and it's to be expected honestly: Abyss will now only reset once a month.

Hoyo did the same exact thing with HSR when Pure Fiction was added. Memory of Chaos resets got reduced to compensate for the added game mode. People didn't suddenly start getting more Stellar Jade.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Did my pulls this morning and my very first summon was a 5*.

Somehow, it was the first copy of Jean I've ever summoned. Not the worst off-banner pull, I guess. Better than another Qiqi or Tighnari.

Kept going and got Arlecchino as well, though I have no idea when I will have the time or energy to power her up. Only spear I really have that I can give her is the Jade Winged Spear, is that of any use for her?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Yunjin doesn't seem to be a highly rated partner for Arlecchino?

I don't see any videos using/recommending her.

So 4.7 Abyss reward information rolling out and it's to be expected honestly: Abyss will now only reset once a month.

Hoyo did the same exact thing with HSR when Pure Fiction was added. Memory of Chaos resets got reduced to compensate for the added game mode. People didn't suddenly start getting more Stellar Jade.

Genshin devs listening in on HSR team meetings lol

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020

I'm okay with this. Better than the current status quo. Currently if you are in a very defavorable Abyss configuration (Wenut + Wolf Lord for instance) you can't do nothing until wait for the next patch and see your primos disappear.

Do we know if the new Abyss will be located at the same place as the current one ? (the Stargate on Elon Musk's Reef)

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
You only need to do the quest up to the point it opens the new area. After reaching the first waypoint in that area, there are two ways to go, one way is to where the continuation of the quest is, and the other way leads to the boss area.
Thanks. I'll watch the new quest on my wife's account first, to see if I can fit it on a 3-hour livestream. If it ends up being too long, I'll do it only until that point on my account, and then just explore Remuria.

I'm really leveling 8 4* artifacts to 16 for that 1 standard wish. Well the artifacts EXP potions are also nice.
Me seeing the new objectives on the Handbook with no consumable to level up a single thing: 🤡

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
It's less about compensation. I don't consider HSR comparable at all (with the caveat I'm new to the game and haven't actually hit endgame) because literally one run of SimU is more endgame content than I get out of a month of genshin. Let alone everything else. The number of rotations is kind of irrelevant when the substantialness of the endgame content is so incredibly different.

I want content to use my built characters on. That's really it.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well I got Arle but I dunno what to do with her lol. Is there specific teams she works well in? Not like it's a huge deal as I tend to just make a weird mish mash out of what I have but just curious. No luck on the weapon though, people are right that these banners feel particularly cruel compared to the LC banners on Star Rail.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
The funny thing is if you pair C0 Arle with plunge team (Zhongli, Xianyun, Furina), then ignore her NA buff from BoL and just plunge away, you can deal more damage than playing the "right" way. XD

View: https://streamable.com/hklhc4

Haha that is awesome. Xianyun plunge teams are so fun. <3

Well I got Arle but I dunno what to do with her lol. Is there specific teams she works well in? Not like it's a huge deal as I tend to just make a weird mish mash out of what I have but just curious. No luck on the weapon though, people are right that these banners feel particularly cruel compared to the LC banners on Star Rail.
Yay, congrats on getting her Dyno. Sorry you did not get the weapon. I have seen a lot of videos of people using Arle with: Kazuha/Bennet/Yelan/Xiangling/Xingqiu/Fischl/Zhongli/Chevreuse

So the standard mono-pyro, vape or overload teams.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
It's less about compensation. I don't consider HSR comparable at all (with the caveat I'm new to the game and haven't actually hit endgame) because literally one run of SimU is more endgame content than I get out of a month of genshin. Let alone everything else. The number of rotations is kind of irrelevant when the substantialness of the endgame content is so incredibly different.

I want content to use my built characters on. That's really it.
Many end game players consider SU to be a chore and is too easy so that's not really a good comparison. There's a more difficult version of SU but that's a one and done thing.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haha that is awesome. Xianyun plunge teams are so fun. <3

Yay, congrats on getting her Dyno. Sorry you did not get the weapon. I have seen a lot of videos of people using Arle with: Kazuha/Bennet/Yelan/Xiangling/Xingqiu/Fischl/Zhongli/Chevreuse

So the standard mono-pyro, vape or overload teams.
Thanks! Fwiw I may still get lucky on the weapon. I've got nothing else I'm working towards for a very long time. Hmmm I might be able to put something together then. It's gonna be a messy team as my Fischl and Xiangling aren't exactly perfectly built. I might try see how she pairs with Furina/Raiden as well since they're more my hard carries, well along with Navia but I figure she's not gonna slot in well at all. Both Furina and Raiden are off screen built so it may work out.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Did few more pulls since I was close to the 4* and got C24 Chongyun. Ok really stopping now but C6 Lynette or C5 Freminet would have been nice.

With how good your gladiator set you posted is, you can just take it easy and have no rush for the new set. I read it is only 4-8% more dmg.
Yeah I can take my time. So far I've only got pieces of the burning set.