• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Already got Missive Windspear and a full Glad set on her, just need to level it up. Remuria chests, come to me.

Noticed something interesting also: When I pulled for her, I had a Lynette/Freminet/Xianyun team on, with an empty fourth slot. After I pulled Father, she auto-inserted herself on the fourth slot lol.

Was this like that before? Got bamboozled looking for her icon on the bottom of my character list, only to find her near the top instead.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'll try to get a decent amount of EM on her.
Already got Missive Windspear and a full Glad set on her, just need to level it up. Remuria chests, come to me.

Noticed something interesting also: When I pulled for her, I had a Lynette/Freminet/Xianyun team on, with an empty fourth slot. After I pulled Father, she auto-inserted herself on the fourth slot lol.

Was this like that before? Got bamboozled looking for her icon on the bottom of my character list, only to find her near the top instead.
Yeah If the character is new to your account and you have an open slot it happens.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

If you have an open slot the new character will add themselves to the slot. Pretty sure since 1.0.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So I've been playing Fischl mostly outside of Aggravate these past few months so I built up the Thundering Pulse for her;

18f1052328283-screenshotUrl.jpg

Going to be farming MH/GT domain exclusively this patch to try and prefarm pieces for Furina and Chiori before their future reuns so I'll be upgrading Fischl and Neuvillete along the way.

On that thought, I fought the good fight but I think I might finally be retiring my Keqing. lol There's just so much hyperinvesting you have to do to get her doing on par damage with the Limited 5 star characters. She's not bad but it just sucks that I can swap her out for Yae Miko and just do way better. lol

Yunjin doesn't seem to be a highly rated partner for Arlecchino?

I don't see any videos using/recommending her.

Genshin devs listening in on HSR team meetings lol

I'm okay with this. Better than the current status quo. Currently if you are in a very defavorable Abyss configuration (Wenut + Wolf Lord for instance) you can't do nothing until wait for the next patch and see your primos disappear.

Do we know if the new Abyss will be located at the same place as the current one ? (the Stargate on Elon Musk's Reef)

People on the leaks reddit are salty but I'm honestly okay with this change too. As it currently is, the only thing that changes with the abyss reset is the blessing; the enemy layout is exactly the same. So them cutting the middle man out isn't really a bad thing perse.

I get people who wish there would just be more rewards in general, but I feel like we are also going on year 4 of the game now. No one should be surprised about that anymore lol

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I had to try he in the abyss
PRUlNWd.png

I'll try her again on the first half and with other teams too. I really gotta level Xingqiu to 90, him being at 82 really bothers me since I'm done with his build.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Many end game players consider SU to be a chore and is too easy so that's not really a good comparison. There's a more difficult version of SU but that's a one and done thing.

Fair. But thats also an implementation/execution critique and not a conceptual one. At least the content is there; can always ask for it to be better.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
All of you guys with your shiny new Arlecchino and I am instead exploring the new areas with my Klee. xD Kinda feels like I am missing out even if I do not even want Arle lol.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Electro Alhaitham served me well in the early days but also made me open my wallet after trying to stop me from getting Ganyu.

It was nice to use her again In the early dendro days!
All of you guys with your shiny new Arlecchino and I am instead exploring the new areas with my Klee. xD Kinda feels like I am missing out even if I do not even want Arle lol.
Resist and Enjoy Klee since she was my first 5* and can of course still do well in the Abyss.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I got Dehya-ed. Noooo. My first harbinger loss. I'll def catch her on the rerun tho.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Resist and Enjoy Klee since she was my first 5* and can of course still do well in the Abyss.
Oh I have no intention of getting Arle at this point. She is just too evil for my tastes. I adore my Klee and Gaming, am super happy with them as pyro dps. :) It's just the excitement of a new 5 star and everyone pulling, always fun to be a part of it. :D

I got Dehya-ed. Noooo. My first harbinger loss. I'll def catch her on the rerun tho.
Oh no, sorry to hear that Aly, what a bummer.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
On that thought, I fought the good fight but I think I might finally be retiring my Keqing. lol There's just so much hyperinvesting you have to do to get her doing on par damage with the Limited 5 star characters. She's not bad but it just sucks that I can swap her out for Yae Miko and just do way better. lol

I have mine a try but without a Mistplitter I don't think she's able to do it.

I only have an R3 Lion's Roar as well.

The BP swords aren't good enough it seems.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
So 4.7 Abyss reward information rolling out and it's to be expected honestly: Abyss will now only reset once a month.

Hoyo did the same exact thing with HSR when Pure Fiction was added. Memory of Chaos resets got reduced to compensate for the added game mode. People didn't suddenly start getting more Stellar Jade.

This is awful for me - and not even on a "I want more primogems" level. I pretty much use abyss to play with my strongest characters and/or try new teams. I always thought that it resetting every 2 weeks or so was ridiculous, and thought it should have been a weekly reset. Instead they go and make it monthly. Yikes. As fun as the gameplay can be, investing in this game is a bad religion.

so pretty much log in do abyss in like 10 minutes, do the new thing in another 10-15 minutes. wait a month.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
If clorinde's dash dodge feels better than all the parry mechanics in this game and does actual competitive things for her dps I may be in...

This is awful for me - and not even on a "I want more primogems" level. I pretty much use abyss to play with my strongest characters and/or try new teams. I always thought that it resetting every 2 weeks or so was ridiculous, and thought it should have been a weekly reset. Instead they go and make it monthly. Yikes. As fun as the gameplay can be, investing in this game is a bad religion.

Yeah I liked the restrictions in the context of something additional/new to foster less used character use but when we already baseline don't really have enough endgame to really show off/have fun with the character builds and this is pulling that back even further, it takes on a different worse light where characters you felt you werent getting to enjoy enough for how much you put in get even less for your hyperinvested characters you care about.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I have mine a try but without a Mistplitter I don't think she's able to do it.

I only have an R3 Lion's Roar as well.

The BP swords aren't good enough it seems.

The new Wolf Fang sword is only a slight upgrade over Lion's Roar. Her main issue is her actual scaling with her talent damage is really low so you have to go above and beyond to get her damage up to par. Her aggravate team does work but it also falls into the problem where it's hard to fit Nahida on the team.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
To phrase this like the hip and youngsters do: Hoyoverse has been cooking with these environments!

53676085284_1c665a6cdc_o.png

53676187800_23e8de05a2_o.png

53675734776_a820f0a033_o.png

53676355835_d25ab11c98_o.png

53676119608_8e170c7a68_o.png

Last edited:

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
wish there was more prae golems to grind for the weapon material without having to go fully through the world quest

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Siegwinne's apparent passive is insane???

It seems to heal any character on field below 50% or underwater at the cost of less resistance for that character. Every 20 seconds though.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Rumored four stars for Scara/Baizhu are Faruzan (a given), Yanfei, Rosaria which should remove the last bit of temptation I had to get baizhu.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Siegwinne's apparent passive is insane???

It seems to heal any character on field below 50% or underwater at the cost of less resistance for that character. Every 20 seconds though.

Yeah the original leak had "AND" in that clause instead of OR so now I went from thinking it might be the actual worst in the game to an actual great one.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Enhance 8 4-star artifacts to level 16" ...were these added to this embattle reward section... enhancing 4 star artifacts? Absolutely disgusting, what year is it 2020? Not sure if I even did that back then.

...guess I'll do it for the one standard wish reward though.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm starting to get Arle wanting to join my world. THEY ARE MY RAINBOW ROSES!!!!!!! Ok I have a lot of me already but they still are mine, There is that NPC that ask for some sometimes

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to spend money, but say an accident where to happen that resulted in some primos. Is C2 better than her weapon? I have a jade spear I took off my zhong. I know I should probably wait to see Clordines/Seigwinnens(butchering the spelling of the name) kit

Absolutely loved the story quest. First time I haven't skipped through any of the side character dialogue. It was up there with star rail at its best for me

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So I was reading it over and it's really only going to be good for Sethos and that is if you primarily play him for Hyperbloom. His Kit has built in drawing energy and refunding it so he can get both stacks from the passive to max out the EM from it. So if you use him as a hyperbloom trigger too it works out great. For everyone else it seems like a downgrade from Stringless.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
GL8NUEybkAAuBCv

My fontaine pulling history

Can't really complain, Furina's C2 will be my final target and then saving for Natlan time

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
GL8NUEybkAAuBCv

My fontaine pulling history

Can't really complain, Furina's C2 will be my final target and then saving for Natlan time
Your 1 pity Arle is so awesome after that nasty late Diluc!
We have the same goal of C2 Furina, may you be super lucky once her banner returns! :) Looks like you only need one more of her, I will need two copies of her. @.@ And your double early Nahida's are so awesome, lucky you!

I am exploring the new zones now, I am loving the zones, music and story so far. Just wow.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
Your 1 pity Arle is so awesome after that nasty late Diluc!
We have the same goal of C2 Furina, may you be super lucky once her banner returns! :) Looks like you only need one more of her, I will need two copies of her. @.@ And your double early Nahida's are so awesome, lucky you!
Thanks~ Good luck for your Furina pulls too! I was expecting her to rerun this patch but I guess this gives us more time to save

ok thats pretty funny getting the diluc to troll you than the very next pull Father
It wasn't even the same 10pull, I was so mad for like 20 seconds lol

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oh nice that the sites are up. I'm still on Gladiator but her pieces keep changing
EZujaJL.png

The Gladiator pieces could not avoid a form of DEF! I'll probably go back to using pieces with EM on them but I wanted to see above 200% CD

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
"Enhance 8 4-star artifacts to level 16" ...were these added to this embattle reward section... enhancing 4 star artifacts? Absolutely disgusting, what year is it 2020? Not sure if I even did that back then.

...guess I'll do it for the one standard wish reward though.
I mean, Exile and Instructor are legit sets.