• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of weapons, what are everyone's favourites design wise?

If I was to make a top 5 (in no particular order), for me personally it would be:

Crane's Echoing Call - Just a beautiful weapon and the way the inside of the fan moves is chef's kiss
Crimson Moon's Semblance (only when Arle is using it) - Come on it's a massive badass glowing red scythe, it appeals to the edgy teenager in me
Haran - Another weapon that is just gorgeous
Jade Cutter - Probably not a popular one for most people but I just think it looks really clean, some of the other swords are a bit too busy for me.
Verdict - It's a god damn battle axe

Honourable mentions to Song of Broken Pines, Furina's weapon, the new battle pass spear and the craftable inazuma katana (that's another that I really like as it's super clean looking and more realistic than a lot of weapons)
Haran is the easy #1 for me.

I like Mistsplitter just because it suits Keqing. But even Haran suits her with the outfit.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
T6Rey33.jpg
That's not a weapon, that's a friend

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
Crane's Echoing Call is just such a beautiful weapon
I went in for enough pulls to guarantee Nahida (her C2). The rest was bonus after bonus. I accepted a reality that I may not get Xianyun if I prioritized Nahida but Im glad I got lucky because I love everything about Cloud Retainer, their weapon, the characters they open up, and plunge playstyle in general.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Regarding the new area, I noticed they also added more to the desert and the rainforest like area and a new harbor, though those areas really feel more "copypasted".
There is almost nothing there.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The whole above ground area in this map update seems really empty, like it's a nice sized space for celestia to drop or something.
It really is odd how bare the overworld is with the update.

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
Regarding the new area, I noticed they also added more to the desert and the rainforest like area and a new harbor, though those areas really feel more "copypasted".

If only there is some collectable plants or animals... Not sure if the devs will revisit this and do another sweep to littered it with chests, puzzles, enemies or something.

Even the quiet part of Mondstadt is more alive.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
We technically should be getting a bit more of the Sumeru desert come time of the Natlan patch drop. Isn't Natlan to the west of the Desert?

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow. I didn't know Arle's weapon scythe only works with her and when used by others it just looks like a spear. Damn...

Edit: Okay I see it's a Arle thing where if she uses a different weapon the spear has a golden ghost scythe appearance while her weapon is a true scythe.

Last edited:

Solidus Snake

Apr 20, 2024
Hey,

What is the quickest way to reset a boss when you want to farm him nowadays ? You still have to go away for like 2 minutes and he will respawn ?

tauke

Oct 25, 2017
Country of 2020+10
Hey,

What is the quickest way to reset a boss when you want to farm him nowadays ? You still have to go away for like 2 minutes and he will respawn ?

There was an update with a countdown timer that you can check using the World Map. I think around 2-3 mins?

If you don't want to place your own teleport waypoint (e.g. the world boss is far away from a nearby world teleport waypoint,) what I usually do is just going into the teapot and listen to some conversation before leaving the teapot which will bring you back to the same spot in the world map.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Hey,

You can't speed it up, and it will never reset if you're close. I usually go to the teapot, because then I can use the teapot item to return exactly where I was (more useful for bosses like Geocube that aren't near a teleporter). Logging out has the same effect.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I teapot wait or log out and log back in like 4-5 mins later. Right now I'd just do exploring since I'm not at 100% and come back to the boss later.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I went in for enough pulls to guarantee Nahida (her C2). The rest was bonus after bonus. I accepted a reality that I may not get Xianyun if I prioritized Nahida but Im glad I got lucky because I love everything about Cloud Retainer, their weapon, the characters they open up, and plunge playstyle in general.
I feel the same way. I went hard for C2 Nahida but had enough pulls left and got a surprise Cloud Retainer and both her and Nahida's signature.
I had not even planned to get Xianyun but she has to be up there with Furina as one of the best pulls for my account, the sheer amount of fun teams she enables is just staggering. And the plunge buff with her signature weapon is just amazing. She may also be a candidate for a future C2, but Furina will be up first. :)

Yeah I think we are both part of the sword club aren't we! I'd say the swords have a lot of excellent designs and also are probably my favourite character type to play as as well.

Thinking on it, I think Haran would have to be my number one. It's like a work of art, you wouldn't actually want to be hitting people with it lol
High five for the sword lovers! Thanks for posting such fun positive stuff in our OT today Dofy, had a real bad day at work so this already made me feel better. :)

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah it's weird compared to the rest of the game. Wonder why they didn't "Lets explore this area later" it off for another day, wandering through it, felt like I clipped into an unfinished part of the map or something.

Last edited:

Solidus Snake

Apr 20, 2024
There was an update with a countdown timer that you can check using the World Map. I think around 2-3 mins?

If you don't want to place your own teleport waypoint (e.g. the world boss is far away from a nearby world teleport waypoint,) what I usually do is just going into the teapot and listen to some conversation before leaving the teapot which will bring you back to the same spot in the world map.
You can't speed it up, and it will never reset if you're close. I usually go to the teapot, because then I can use the teapot item to return exactly where I was (more useful for bosses like Geocube that aren't near a teleporter). Logging out has the same effect.
Thanks a lot ! Oh and good idea for the teapot thing, i'll definitively do that !

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Been a while since I was grinding primogems for a currently running banner. I dont miss it lmao. Im pretty sure I will reach 70 pity on the weapon banner before it goes away.
Yeah it's weird compared to the rest of the game. Wonder why they didn't "Lets explore this area later" it off for another day, wandering through it, felt like I clipped into an unfinished part of the map or something.
Its really odd. I saw some people speculating that maybe its so empty because its subject to get nuked and massively changed, but idk about that.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Here are my crazy pulls from patch day. Arle at 2 pity, immediately followed by the triple 5* weapons: Lost Prayer, then Great Magic at 2 pity, and again at 7 pity. It's unlikely I'll ever see something like this again.

bIEkAnU.png

B99hKkD.png

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Here are my crazy pulls from patch day. Arle at 2 pity, immediately followed by the triple 5* weapons: Lost Prayer, then Great Magic at 2 pity, and again at 7 pity. It's unlikely I'll ever see something like this again.

bIEkAnU.png

B99hKkD.png
Since I was not pulling this banner, it seems you borrowed my luck hehe! :D

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pleasantly surprised to see you enjoying Act 3 because it is the weakest act of Fontaine AQ for me (2nd weakest AQ act in the whole game imo).
Looking forward to your impression of Act 5. I recommend playing Neuvi's SQ before starting Act 5 for the best experience.

How do you think about Furina at the moment? (act 3 or 4)
I enjoyed Acts 1 and 2 more than 3 (although I still don't particularly like Traveler's attitude in the first Act), but still having a good time with Act 3. It's a nice change of pace. Excited for that Act 5! Will be sure to do Neuvilette's character quest first, as you mentioned. Thanks for the advice!

And yeah, love Furina. Like I said earlier, she's such a little gremlin any time she's on-screen. Just unfortunate there's not more of her, haha.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
I feel like they'll give random characters in a pool of 4 you can pick two from like the event. Otherwise teams are going to run out of vigor unless they want us to run solo or duo teams.

Sounds about right though. Forcing team variety and a little bit of favoritism/advertising for the starter characters since they'll have a buff on the overworld too. A different niche than Spiral Abyss.

Actually. Since Abyss promotes 5 stars with blessings and we have Clorinde, Sigewinne, Wanderer, Baizhu available, which are the supposed 4.7 banners. They're promoting the banner characters? Which means, Chevy, Beidou, Sayu are the 4 stars!?

Sry for the late reply.
Good point about the 4*, perhaps we will know more about the banners from now on from datamines of the new mode.
Sounds like a better way to try out characters than the current trial but I'm worried it will feel like playing friendship teams in the overworld.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of new pages while I was away 😰
But I'm all caught up now and finally got to start on building Arle and checking out the new stuff.
Liking her a lot already. Arle/Zhongli/Chiori/Yelan make quick work of everything. Even at level 40 I just made her farm her own ascension mats with that team.

I have mixed feelings on her story quest.
This being kind of a retreading of the Animated Short sucked out some of the fun, I think. But ultimately that wasn't that big of a deal, since they never tried to keep things hidden in the quest anyway.
The bigger disappointment I have is that there was basically absolutely nothing about her curse, Crimson Moon stuff, glitching etc. They hyped that stuff up so much with so many teases and then absolutely nothing other than "oh yeah I have some special powers". Such a let down tbh.
Like, she's a fantastic and super interesting character and the quest did a lot of great stuff showing of her personality, the House, Fatui politics and stuff, I have no problems with what they showed, more with what they didn't show.

New boss was a massive let down. I used Qiqi/Furina/Raiden/Nahida and I didn't even see all of the mechanics they showed in the stream or heard the full song despite trying my best to waste a lot of time.
I'm all for the weekly bosses being "easy" when you have to fight them for materials, well, weekly. But can't they not have the story versions being a little challenging, or have an optional higher difficulty level available for the Domains that doesn't even need to give better materials.
It feels like such a waste for all the work they put into the animations, music and everything when they don't even let you appreciate it.

Have only played up to the world boss as far as the new region goes, but I'm already looking forward to dive into it more over the weekend. Start was already very cool.

God damn those Clorinde animations :O
God damn.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Back to 114 wishes saved. Natlan, I'm coming for you!

Funny that I saw only two chests marked on the interactive map but actually found a third after doing a minipuzzle atop the highest mountain.

z7Cghwd.jpg

could have given me a 2x bonus.

tneWJXP.jpg

The standard wish will be mine!
Maybe this is the incentive I need to finally give some Exile pieces for my Gorou.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Been a while since I was grinding primogems for a currently running banner. I dont miss it lmao. Im pretty sure I will reach 70 pity on the weapon banner before it goes away.

Its really odd. I saw some people speculating that maybe its so empty because its subject to get nuked and massively changed, but idk about that.
Cyno's SQ2 is coming in the second half of the patch too, maybe that has something to do with it.

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
I feel the same way. I went hard for C2 Nahida but had enough pulls left and got a surprise Cloud Retainer and both her and Nahida's signature.
I had not even planned to get Xianyun but she has to be up there with Furina as one of the best pulls for my account, the sheer amount of fun teams she enables is just staggering. And the plunge buff with her signature weapon is just amazing. She may also be a candidate for a future C2, but Furina will be up first. :)

Ha ha... nice! They really named it with Xianyun [and Gaming] - they quickly rose to the top to some of my favorites. That said I was saving my guaranteed for Furina C2 (currently C1) but I couldnt resist using it on Arle. Furina C2 might happen yet on their next banner, but it might come at the cost of me not getting Clorinde. Well see what happens!

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Both just excellent pulls really, C2 Nahida is crazy! 100% for cloud retainer too, she's just one of the best characters they've released in a long time in terms of the things she adds to the game gameplay wise. I ended up breaking and going for her C1 just for the extra skill for traversal and it's so nice too.

High five for the sword lovers! Thanks for posting such fun positive stuff in our OT today Dofy, had a real bad day at work so this already made me feel better. :)
Ah glad to hear I've been able to help then Buttons, hope things pick up now for you and thank god it's the weekend!

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Got a random Mika (first one) from Fountain/Arle ascension pulls. Thanks Father!
Now I think I'm only missing Kaveh and Chevreuse.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Still not sure what sort of niche Sigewinne has compared to Kokomi. Clorinde is like keqing but better and with BoL, but Sigewinne?

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Arlecchino is level 90!🥳🥳🥳

She is so fucking cool.

Time to start equipping her, i will go for jade spear, homa seems pretty competitive too but even without refinements they seem pretty even and my jade spear is R4 so it has a pretty big edge over homa and the extra crit rate is always nice.

Now for the artifacts, i am at least a month away from having something even close to using from the new domain, what are her best alternatives for now?