• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
Arlecchino is level 90!πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

She is so fucking cool.

Time to start equipping her, i will go for jade spear, homa seems pretty competitive too but even without refinements they seem pretty even and my jade spear is R4 so it has a pretty big edge over homa and the extra crit rate is always nice.

Now for the artifacts, i am at least a month away from having something even close to using from the new domain, what are her best alternatives for now?
Congrats and its Gladiator Set

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
L
Arlecchino is level 90!πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³

She is so fucking cool.

Time to start equipping her, i will go for jade spear, homa seems pretty competitive too but even without refinements they seem pretty even and my jade spear is R4 so it has a pretty big edge over homa and the extra crit rate is always nice.

Now for the artifacts, i am at least a month away from having something even close to using from the new domain, what are her best alternatives for now?
I love that we continue to enjoy similar units. My favourite part is when the enemy tries to run away and I use the CA to chase them down. The tracking is so good that it's so damn satisfying. It's as if she's hunting them down.

Looking forward to seeing your build. You usually have strong units.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Still need to explore Arle's gameplay mechanics. Too big for my current brain right now.

From what I gather this seems to be the basics:

Skill to mark enemies
Swap to supports
Let supports do their thing
Mark will change from x to X
Swap to Arle and charge attack to reap marks
Big bond of life = big damage buff
Spam normals = enemies die (bond of life decreases)
(if you saved some bond of life - you might reach max damage on next rotation faster or you could ult to heal if needed)

but I don't have her and this is from what I read and tried in her trial

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
It's funny when a new unit releases with an element of their build needing new materials (in this case the weapon mats). Just got online and within literally a second an Arle profile picture is trying to join my world lol

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Pro tip and it may not be intentional but plunge attacks don't drain BoL out of Arle, so if you have Xianyun that's free damage.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
From what I gather this seems to be the basics:

Skill to mark enemies
Swap to supports
Let supports do their thing
Mark will change from x to X
Swap to Arle and charge attack to reap marks
Big bond of life = big damage buff
Spam normals = enemies die (bond of life decreases)
(if you saved some bond of life - you might reach max damage on next rotation faster or you could ult to heal if needed)

but I don't have her and this is from what I read and tried in her trial

That's pretty much it.

Only thing I'd add is use burst as needed if you need a heal.

Surprisingly easy. Hu Tao animation cancelling always turned me off so now I don't need to bother getting her.

crimsonECHIDNA

β–² Legend β–²
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Aggravate? Not quickbloom?

It was Yae aggravate specifically because Yae, Fischl and Nahida all primarily do damage through their Skills and would benefit from Sigewinne's buffing. Sigewinne has really bad hydro application so she'd be terrible as a solo hydro unit for quickbloom.

Like Maybe Nahida,Furina,Sigewinne and Raiden but that loops straight back to Sigewinne being reliant to be played on Furina teams as is.

Pancracio17

β–² Legend β–²
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Pro tip and it may not be intentional but plunge attacks don't drain BoL out of Arle, so if you have Xianyun that's free damage.
Oh thats neat. I did notice that Arles infusion works with plunges and has a really cool effect. You do lose out on Xianyuns healing, but a team with her could work anyway.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
OZYrVbS.png

oh no

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Honkai released a new character this week and she's really taken things to another level in terms of animations, combo opportunities, and player expression. Between Arle just releasing and this, it really got me thinking that Hoyo is just in their bag right now. I feel like they're just firing on all cylinders across all their titles in a way that they weren't before Fontaine. It's seriously impressive imo.

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Ok I've activated Arle's constellations.

C1 feels a big damage increase
C2 really nice with the instant blood debt due and the added instance of damage is big
C3 - C5 just damage increases and cool down reduction/ energy
C6 - Huge damage increase as you'd expect, only problem is I'm trying to test the bursts damage now with a vape on Masanori and the guy can't survive long enough to even be hit by it lol.

Please god Hoyo just release an actual training dummy that doesn't do anything and can't die so we can actually test easier

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honkai released a new character this week and she's really taken things to another level in terms of animations, combo opportunities, and player expression. Between Arle just releasing and this, it really got me thinking that Hoyo is just in their bag right now. I feel like they're just firing on all cylinders across all their titles in a way that they weren't before Fontaine. It's seriously impressive imo.
HSR just had great characters released too (Black Swan, Acheron, and Adventurine's story was really good). Definitely feel there's a shift up in quality recently, and I hope it sticks.

Pancracio17

β–² Legend β–²
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Its really noticeable just how much they have upped the ante. I went back to finish some 1.0 Liyue areas that I never cleaned up and its really crazy just how much more basic they were. Hoyo really turned into the king of the gacha mobile market.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Surprisingly easy. Hu Tao animation cancelling always turned me off so now I don't need to bother getting her.

Yeah, I'm a big Hu Tao advocate - and from what I've seen she still deals more damage than Arle - but Arle is more flexible, and ease of use > damage ceiling

I just like how mischievous Hu Tao is, and how she knows more than she lets on. Plus I like the idea that a random funeral parlor director is super strong. Oh and she's a rapper, so she's goated.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I wonder if they will stick the landing with ZZZ or not. I can't judge because I haven't played the beta (I would if the would let me...) but it seems like ZZZ is a real mixed bag in terms of reception.
It feels like people were hoping for character action but it's still firmly stuck in the 2 button phone game zone.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
HSR just had great characters released too (Black Swan, Acheron, and Adventurine's story was really good). Definitely feel there's a shift up in quality recently, and I hope it sticks.
For sure. It really does feel like MHY themselves are on 2.0 (or even 3.0) with all of the animation/character design stuff they've been doing. They're pulling in impressive income numbers across all of their games and it shows, even with all of the promotional/PV stuff. It's just top-tier content across all of their games.

It's hell trying to manage all of your pulls though when everyone looks amazing. >_<

Pancracio17

β–² Legend β–²
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if they will stick the landing with ZZZ or not. I can't judge because I haven't played the beta (I would if the would let me...) but it seems like ZZZ is a real mixed bag in terms of reception.
It feels like people were hoping for character action but it's still firmly stuck in the 2 button phone game zone.
Gonna be tough for Hoyo to ever break out of that. Their games working on mobile (and working well) is the keys to their success. Clever control schemes and alternate attack modes can only ever do so much.

Star Rail ditching action and going for turn based was a great move to help give it a distinct identity.

Moara

β–² Legend β–²
Oct 25, 2017
Hu Tao's animation cancels are pretty smooth now that her highest damage ceiling team is with Xianyun, and because you run her with a healer it's pretty comfy too

Arle I like most in non vape teams though so I like that they don't share much team overlap

Kiyamet

Apr 21, 2024
I am so close to putting Zhongli in an instructor set to be Arle's shielder

My current Arle team:

Zhongli - Ten Mill
Arle - Glad
Bennet - Noblesse
Xinqui - EoSF

With Xinqui's skill I think I can make due with Zhong's smaller shield

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I love that we continue to enjoy similar units. My favourite part is when the enemy tries to run away and I use the CA to chase them down. The tracking is so good that it's so damn satisfying. It's as if she's hunting them down.

Looking forward to seeing your build. You usually have strong units.
We have immaculate taste. πŸ˜‰πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Yeah she is so fucking cool and so much fun to play so i am going to put in the extra effort to make her exceptionally great, my R4 jade spear is perfect for her and makes her so much easier to build, as always it will take ages to get a great set of her own artifact set but i'll get there.

Pancracio17

β–² Legend β–²
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
btw thank you for reminding me that Thelema released, I just got her.

Genshin 1.0 vs current is a stark difference, but with HI3 its almost unrecognizable.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
edit; whoops, wrong tab

Why do Aventurine tracks be BANGING so hard?

giphy.gif
[/spoiler[

We have immaculate taste. πŸ˜‰πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

Yeah she is so fucking cool and so much fun to play so i am going to put in the extra effort to make her exceptionally great, my R4 jade spear is perfect for her and makes her so much easier to build, as always it will take ages to get a great set of her own artifact set but i'll get there.

Do you know what would make her really exceptionally great?

a quick trip to weapon banner

efff6f9daacc0e29951e2b70bba81b71.gif

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
btw thank you for reminding me that Thelema released, I just got her.

Genshin 1.0 vs current is a stark difference, but with HI3 its almost unrecognizable.
Eyyy nice, enjoy! I legitimately think she's the most fun character I've played so far. She has truly reached DMC/Bayonetta tier in terms of her gameplay. The fact you can gather, grapple, and dash with her weapon skill depending on how you use it is just so good. And she doesn't feel nearly as confined to set combo rotations as other characters do. If this is the standard going forward I am here for it.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Depleted half of my 60 fragile resin so far. no prizes for guessing how much good gear I've gotten out of it

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
edit; whoops, wrong tab

Why do Aventurine tracks be BANGING so hard?

giphy.gif
[/spoiler[

Do you know what would make her really exceptionally great?

a quick trip to weapon banner

efff6f9daacc0e29951e2b70bba81b71.gif

Oh believe me, i am tempted, i have over 330 wishes in the bank and nothing else i want in4.6, i know my R4 jade spear will be great on her but her signature will be even greater plus the drip with that weapon is just chefkiss. πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

I will stand strong and resist but i am going to a huge party tomorrow and i know my tendency for late night drunken pulls. 😬

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Oh believe me, i am tempted, i have over 330 wishes in the bank and nothing else i want in4.6, i know my R4 jade spear will be great on her but her signature will be even greater plus the drip with that weapon is just chefkiss. πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

I will stand strong and resist but i am going to a huge party tomorrow and i know my tendency for late night drunken pulls. 😬

Drunken pulls are the best pulls.

But you better watch out, tomorrow is my poker night with bros so I'm siphoning all the luck from all faucets possible, ERA included πŸ˜‚

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
im doing story quests in somewhat order from oldest to new and just finished Hu Tao's and Xiao's and Xiao's felt so short in comparison

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
That's why I stopped using fragile resin on artifact domains. I'd rather have the other rewards like books or ascension mats which are guaranteed.

There's enough RNG in this game as is.
Started doing the same last patch. The feeling when spending such a limited resource on artfifact domains, just to come out empty-handed, is so miserable. I honestly felt robbed doing that.

Now, my fragile resins are used on world bosses or talent books only.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Well I thought it was yesterday but was able to get her weapon to 90 today. I actually don't use Fragile resins for world bosses. I have a plan to do all the weekly, dailies, and world bosses with the amount of resin they give me each day. Seems like work I do enjoy turning my PS5 on to just play this game.

Even after getting Arle and her weapon to max level, I still have 178 Fragile resins.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Is the chest indicator on the map via compass a new QoL because it's the best thing ever. You gotta wonder why this wasn't in the game before but I can't complain.

hydruxo

β–² Legend β–²
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of weapons, what are everyone's favourites design wise?

If I was to make a top 5 (in no particular order), for me personally it would be:

Crane's Echoing Call - Just a beautiful weapon and the way the inside of the fan moves is chef's kiss
Crimson Moon's Semblance (only when Arle is using it) - Come on it's a massive badass glowing red scythe, it appeals to the edgy teenager in me
Haran - Another weapon that is just gorgeous
Jade Cutter - Probably not a popular one for most people but I just think it looks really clean, some of the other swords are a bit too busy for me.
Verdict - It's a god damn battle axe

Honourable mentions to Song of Broken Pines, Furina's weapon, the new battle pass spear and the craftable inazuma katana (that's another that I really like as it's super clean looking and more realistic than a lot of weapons)

My favorite weapons would probably be:

Redhorn Stonethresher - I think this is still my favorite looking weapon. It just looks so badass and it matches Itto so well. The red / gold trim and the horns on it look so good.
Verdict - I don't have it yet sadly but yeah easily one of the best looking weapons.
Splendor of Tranquil Waters - Love the scepter / sword combo with the flowing water around it. I think it's the weapon that best captures the personality/role of the character it's meant for.
A Thousand Floating Dreams - The genie in a bottle look is really nice. Matches Nahida's color scheme perfectly.
Crimson Moon's Semblance - I mean, I pulled it for the drip. It's a scythe, what more could you want?
Staff of Homa - Always liked the look of Homa. Matches Hu Tao really well.
Engulfing Lightning - I like when the sig weapons actually seem like weapons the character would really use. I feel like a good amount of the weapons come off as too video gamey but EL just looks like something Raiden would have had crafted for herself. Feels like this epic weapon of legend with a cool backstory.

Last edited:

Pancracio17

β–² Legend β–²
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Puling for the drip is the best reason to pull for weapons. A Thousand Floating Dreams' good looks are specially valuable because Nahida just holding a book looked wrong. Crimson Moon's Semblance even more so, with the fake scythes on other weapons.

I have only rolled for Nahidas, Furinas and Arles weapons. Though Veredict was very tempting. If I had more saved up I wouldve rolled there too.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I can't see it be not successful tbh. Hoyo is a big brand and they are great at marketing. The game has really high production values and a pretty unique style compared to their other portfolio and it's probably going to have similar polish and content cadance standards as well.
From what I can tell the latest beta adressed many of the big criticisms and gameplay looks a lot of fun.
Still, I don't know what level of success we're talking about. A couple hundred millions in its first month? Or "only" a couple dozen? I don't know. The game still has its idiosyncracies that can be both strength and weakness.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
With new Abyss kinda represent half of end game content, I want main a DPS from each element.

I hope they go hard Geo, pair it with Anemo for trolling intent.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
rimaBms.png

Arle build done for now. The fast-equip function is actually surprisingly useful.
Makes me wonder if I should even bother farming the new set, but then again Clorinde will probably want that set too, so might as well see what I can get.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
and I come back to another lost 50/50 smh. Thought I could make use of the PJWS I had even though I've got Hu Tao. Not a massive loss I guess. Actually, no. Pretty irritated about my luck across this and HSR lol

Clearing out the 3.6 desert area before moving on and man the dialog here is next level word salad. Feel like I'm close to done with the questline. Even skipping it felt tedious.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I have 66 fragile resin. Seeing as Arle is my last main carry (unless I go for Clorinde which rn is like 30/70) until they release a new element, I think I can start using them on the bond domain. This is the scenario I kept them for.

So begins the grind.

I think the burning set could potentially be useful for an off field pyro dps in a burn melt team for Wriothesley, so I'll keep any acceptable pieces.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I have 66 fragile resin. Seeing as Arle is my last main carry (unless I go for Clorinde which rn is like 30/70) until they release a new element, I think I can start using them on the bond domain. This is the scenario I kept them for.

So begins the grind.

I think the burning set could potentially be useful for an off field pyro dps in a burn melt team for Wriothesley, so I'll keep any acceptable pieces.
May you have amazing luck with your artifacts! :D

Very interesting, so they joined a monster design workshop with hoyo, will be interesting to see if that adorable design finds its way into the game one day. :D

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
Got a few more wishes from the new area and won Arlecchino. Nice.
This means that across both genshin and HSR I won every 50/50 ever since reveiving the luck potion from Lisa.

1qDkRxw.jpeg

Thank you Lisa, you're the best mommy. I pity anyone who skipped the event.