DO49bqs.png

Her Whispers set.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Random Yanfei
eZ3siPm.png

She's in my character showcase and I have no Idea why. It usually Otter spot, maybe I'll get her better stuff one day.

Oh yeah with the Amazing flower I got today I should look at who can use Raiden's old one.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Debating whether I should continue farming those RNGesus artifacts or I should focus on leveling my support/off field units from now on. Probably will do the later since that's guaranteed improvement unlike those stupid artifact drops.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Does anyone here use an ipad (or any other tablet, I'm not specifically locked in to apple) to play?

I'm looking at upgrading from my current ipad (it's an old one that absolutely can't handle this game for what it's worth) so was just wondering what people's experiences are like? I'd connect my PS5 controller to it.

I've been looking at the new ipad pro potentially but if the new air or older models can run Genshin at a solid 60fps at least at high settings that should be enough for me. I guess one benefit of ipad is you can run 120fps mode like the phone, I'd need the models with a 120hz screen though for that. I'll probably also play WuWa and ZZZ on it too when they come out as well.

I've been playing Genshin on almost every iPad Pro since the 2018 pro (2018, M1, M2).

The current M2 iPad can run Genshin smoothly at 60fps if you set medium or low resolution and everything else to high (though I always turn motion blur of as a personal preference). MetalFX is also available and makes a huge difference. High resolution is a no-no because the device will throttle quickly and the game will become laggy. However, the battery life of the M2 isn't as good as the M1 and can only last about 3 hours while playing Genshin non-stop (11 inch model).

Apple said the M4 can reach M2's performance at half the power consumption. I'm waiting for geekerwan to verify this claim. If true, it would guarantee an upgrade for me.

The new Air will have the M2 chip of the current pro so it should perform similarly to what I said above.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
So close to my first 50 CV

TriwBwH.jpg
Daaang Naya, that flower is beautiful! Huge congrats to you! :D

Behold my Serpent Spine Gladiator..... NAVIA!!!

ivUQnE3.png

She will be Triple Crowned in a few weeks/months...

Her alt build main art set I'll post soon.

She Umbrella Hammers with this one quite well.
Awesome Navia build, she must output a LOT of damage. Good job! :D

I ended up pulling Arle's C6 today before she left. Had a lucky ass streak from C4-6. My plan to C6 a character of each element has solidified! Here's what I've got so far-

Dendro- Nahida C6: Fun nukes, aoe damage is actually insane. She's still missing a dedicated dendro support unit to maximize her on field damage.

Anemo- Xianyun C6: Flying around the map is so much fun. Hitting 400k plunges with XY as main DPS is too. She enables healing on skill at C4, which is nice over world utility too. Overall an amazing support/damage hybrid unit with great exploration utility. Can't ask for much more.

Pyro- Arlecchino C6: Hadn't clicked with any pyro damage dealers until father. I love her kit, her design, she's guaranteed more story time, and I love her little wing she gets at C6. Really just an insane and stylish damage dealer. Her burst hits for 1million+ in the overworld when vaped lol.

Hydro- Neuvillete C4: Didn't manage to pull any cons on his rerun. He is already so strong, and I wanted to invest financially into Arle. Next time he runs, I'll try to grab the last two cons just for the triple hydro pump! I love his kit, character, design and self sustain DPS mechanic. Fun decision to have a playable sovereign.

Electro- Yae/Cyno C4: Got very lucky with Cyno pulls after 3.1 top up reset. Double 5 star pull brought him from
c2 to c6. I was planning on investing in Yae as my electro character, but now I'm unsure who to cap off. I think Cyno's C6 is more visually pleasing and serotonin inducing, but I don't use him much anymore. Yae gets pulled off the bench way more often.

Geo- Navia C3: Who doesn't love Shotgun Impact? So much fun. Just love firing off her gun, and pairing her with Xianyun for axe plunging party. I'll grab her C4 for res reduction next time she runs, and the other cons will wait.

Cryo- Wriothesely C2: His C1 came home in a Hail Mary double five star. Pulled his C2 thinking it would be as easy to use as Wanderer's for a big burst damage increase, but his kit's a bit clunkier with the ramping damage mechanic. I don't think I want to take him any further. Waiting on a cryo DPS that strikes my fancy. Or, might take Shenhe to C6 one day for the crazy support capabilities if there's no new cryo DPS characters for a few years.
Woo, congrats on your C6 Arle! What an achievement.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, they changed WindTrace wining condition. Now you got to actively repair machine devices scatter around the map if not the Hunter wins.

No more having a good hiding spot and camp to observe until you're threatened. Well, being more proactive for the Rebels might not be a bad thing.

Grats on both sets! I think I'll go for her too on her rerun.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Oh wow, new leaks while I was asleep:

Character level 100 during 5.0?!?! O.O Oh no, I have 21 characters fully built right now, I do not want to farm and ascend all of them again yikes. We do not get enough mats for that.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
I decided I want Arlecchino before she leaves, the past few days I was grinding primos finishing up exploration, side quests and achievements.

I was close to pity, I had to max out my Welkin purchases to get her.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Lv.100 would be a W for Transformative Reaction and HP scaling characters ( Yelan, Neuvillette, Hu Tao, C1 Dehya ).

IMG_20240514_151540.jpg

This was pre Dendro.

Bloom, Hyperbloom and Burgeon are Transformative Reactions.

Ooh you got her in the end? Yay, congrats Tsuyu! :D

I was at 71 pity and I got her exactly at 76. Took me 3 more Welkin purchases stacked lol.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Lv.100 would be a W for Transformative Reaction and HP scaling characters ( Yelan, Neuvillette, Hu Tao, C1 Dehya ).

IMG_20240514_151540.jpg

This was pre Dendro.

Bloom, Hyperbloom and Burgeon are Transformative Reactions.

I was at 71 pity and I got her exactly at 76. Took me 3 more Welkin purchases stacked lol.
Lv100 could allow rebalancing of characters through new ascension talents, let's wait and see what they do. I am worried about xp books, mora and boss materials though. We just get too few.

Ooh how awesome, glad you got her on the last day! :D

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I hope it isn't just a number increase. I hope they can tie something fun to making that investment.

This is great news because it allows me to invest in my favourites even more so. But it would be nice if there was some kind of reward for doing it.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
I really doubt that leak tbh. Balancing it would be a nightmare, both in terms of meta and the game's resource economy. Plus gacha characters are what people pay for and changing their kits (new passives?) post-release is a big can of worms I don't see mihoyo wanting to open.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
I personally think, being slightly cynical, the upcoming combat mode and a potential level cap increase are their ways of making people pull more and/or spend resources.

Mature accounts are slapping abyss every patch and don't feel the need to pull new characters - either because they already have everything they want or there's no incentive to do so.

And as a result of that, people are just sat on mountains of resources. In terms of mora and XP book resources, I'm probably sat on enough to take dozens characters from 0-90.

I don't necessarily hold this against the devs, they need to sell characters. It's the whole business model and they need to do things to gently encourage people to spend.

But that's why I said I hope a hypothetical level 100 means something more than higher stats. I doubt it will. But without an incentive, it's just a resource dump to get you back into the grind.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I personally think, being slightly cynical, the upcoming combat mode and a potential level cap increase are their ways of making people pull more and/or spend resources.

Mature accounts are slapping abyss every patch and don't feel the need to pull new characters - either because they already have everything they want or there's no incentive to do so.

And as a result of that, people are just sat on mountains of resources. In terms of mora and XP book resources, I'm probably sat on enough to take dozens characters from 0-90.

I don't necessarily hold this against the devs, they need to sell characters. It's the whole business model and they need to do things to gently encourage people to spend.

But that's why I said I hope a hypothetical level 100 means something more than higher stats. I doubt it will. But without an incentive, it's just a resource dump to get you back into the grind.
Good points Fletcher, definitely applies to old accounts.

The one issue I seeing for newer accounts like mine, is that with this change it actually deters you from pulling more characters since it will take months to build your existing ones. This could be a great change but it also has the potential for so many screw-ups, I am interested to see how they will solve it. Resin and rewards will definitely need to be adjusted since not every account has a stockpile of materials like day 1 players.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I hope a level increase is fake. That's usually the time for me to bow out of a game. If they're going to do that at least do it after the main story has wrapped up.
Nice build. Good amount of ER too.

Do you have Arle? That Glad build also looked strong and would be good for her (baring the goblet ofc).
I've been playing Genshin on almost every iPad Pro since the 2018 pro (2018, M1, M2).

The current M2 iPad can run Genshin smoothly at 60fps if you set medium or low resolution and everything else to high (though I always turn motion blur of as a personal preference). MetalFX is also available and makes a huge difference. High resolution is a no-no because the device will throttle quickly and the game will become laggy. However, the battery life of the M2 isn't as good as the M1 and can only last about 3 hours while playing Genshin non-stop (11 inch model).

Apple said the M4 can reach M2's performance at half the power consumption. I'm waiting for geekerwan to verify this claim. If true, it would guarantee an upgrade for me.

The new Air will have the M2 chip of the current pro so it should perform similarly to what I said above.
Do you still play on the ROG? If so, it's interesting (to me) that you play on 2 portable devices. Is it just a case of using what you have on you at the time?

Edit: also out of curiosity what do you do with the previous iPad when you upgrade to the new one? Sell it?

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Stat increases would only serve to further the gap between the top units and the ones beneath. The content will be scaled accordingly, so it's not a buff to the weaker characters. If anything it would be pushing the powercreep further.

If you actually want to buff units or make the gameplay more interesting then it's as Fletcher said, you need new mechanics rather than artificial gains.

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Do you still play on the ROG? If so, it's interesting (to me) that you play on 2 portable devices. Is it just a case of using what you have on you at the time?

I keep the iPad Pro M2, the Ally and a Steam Deck OLED. Of all of them, I played Genshin (and Star Rail) on the iPad the most.

The iPad is my main mobile game device. It's the device I played Genshin the second-most, only behind my desktop. It loads the game faster than most of my devices (like 2-3x faster than the Ally), can maintain 60fps at high graphic setting while having the best battery life of all of them. I don't explore new region (due to bad LOD and drawing distance on mobile) or do Archon Quest/story quest on it (those are reserved for my desktop) but for dailies, events and abyss, it's great.

As for the Ally, I mainly use it as a portable desktop when I don't want to carry my laptop while traveling. I recently came back to my parents' house for 2 weeks during the Golden Week and the Ally is a great desktop (and media server) to use there. I sometimes play Genshin on it but only while connecting to a dock because its battery life sucks, especially while playing Genshin. Besides the above use case, I only used the Ally to play games (mostly indie and visual novels) that don't play nice with the Deck.

As for the Deck, it's my JRPG and visual novel machine. It can play Genshin quite well while having decent battery life (45fps at 9W TDP). However, it loads the game much more slowly than the iPad (2-3x slower) and can't maintain 60fps unless I want to kill the battery (set max TDP).

Edit: also out of curiosity what do you do with the previous iPad when you upgrade to the new one? Sell it?

Yes, I usually sell my old devices when I upgrade. Sometimes I do hand-me-down to my little sisters too.

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
Nice build. Good amount of ER too.

Do you have Arle? That Glad build also looked strong and would be good for her (baring the goblet ofc).

I do have Arlechinno, and it is a good build for her that I have used and is a nice fall back if I need to turn to it for the Abyss, or for more NA power, but I have her running a "Black Mage" Whimsy 4pc set where her Sands is an EM piece and her other artifacts have EM substats, which gives her 256 EM.

256 EM makes her reactions very high, at the expense of her non-reactive Normals not doing as much damage. But one of her Arts has 22% Atk, which kind of softens the lack of Atk that she would normally get from a 46.6% Atk Sands; which ends up giving her almost 1900 Atk anyway, and about 2200 in a 2 Pyro resonance team too!

She still, by herself against all Dailies Mobs, generally obliterates each enemy after collecting her powered up blood debts in about 2-3 hits; or for the more tanky enemies in 5-10 hits. Really makes me kinda want to leave her this way since it's unorthodox and still just works. lol.

But I will return to the Whimsy domain and farm it until I have 100 Whimsies and 100 Burning sets over the next few months, to see if I can get a set that functions as a traditional Attack based build with bonus EM if I can get lucky.

Last edited:

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
IMG_20240514_192426.jpg

I miss finding absurd hiding spots in WindTrace but the new one has more chaotic moments which I gladly embrace!

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oooh level 100 sounds intriguing...

And now into the sea with him! D:
Poor Kaveh will finally have his home for himself.

I don't appreciate Genshins music nearly enough. They slap soo hard.

I find it wild at this point that Hoyoverse has not seen any recognition in the games industry for their absolutely fantastic music work (not just Genshin but now also Star Rail and I have a feeling soon ZZZ as well). What other develeper puts out as much music content, this variety of music content, and additionally in that unfailingly high quality?
Yet at the end of every year when the games industry deliberates the best music in games... Hoyoverse?

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her-02.gif

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
What a nice little event. I love Paimon and Itto's little rivalry so much, and getting to hear them sing was such a treat.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
FFXIV and Genshin both going to fantasy South America and possibly both raising to level 100 within a couple of months of each other would be hilarious timing

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
We would need like 350 purple books to get from level 90 to 100 if they ever implemented that lol
And you'd need a good number of units on lv100 since Abyss would probably start scaling its content to them.

Unless you're skilled enough and has zero lag switching characters (which bugs out frequently for me with yellow ping).

Sorry but the leak that said it was fake was labeled misleading and deleted. Doesn't mean its real just that the evidence that said its fake was . . well fake.
artworks-dcZZznwvCIjxzVdh-Ia2kPw-original.jpg

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
A level increase is pretty much guaranteed at some point. Obviously they will want more reason to grind lol

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
FFXIV and Genshin both going to fantasy South America and possibly both raising to level 100 within a couple of months of each other would be hilarious timing
LOL, I did not think of that. How will the two of us ever balance our playtime with two major expansions lol. @.@

OMG, Windtrace is already live! O:
Is Windtrace that hide and seek thing I have been waiting to experience?! Yay

Yay time for Cyno's SQ2

As a Cyno main I am beyond excited! :D

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
Well. . . damn Itto, or more specfically Max Mittelman can sing. Its a real real real shame Xinyan wasn't in this event. I love watching Itto and Paimon share one braincell and constantly fighting.