Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I somehow did not know there was a leyline event until I logged in today, got enough books to get Klee's normal attack talent to lv9, yay. Now she is 9/8/8. :)

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
No solvents or billets today.

Completely forgot about the overflowing event, so my weekly boss rush will have to wait until next week.

Also forgot checking if I can already get Father to 10/9/9, my mind is getting worse by the day lol.

Catchphrase

Nov 28, 2023
I was wondering how many XP books I used in total on all my characters.
Out of 71 characters, 64 are at level 90, 6 at level 80 and 1 at level 70 (Sorry Aloy but you gotta get those constellations)
That's the equivalent of around 28.4k purple books....DAMN

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Then there's me jumping in and immediately converting everything to condensed resin, then burning a fragile resin for talent books I don't need just for the "savings."

Oh I see I missed a conversation about the meat icon... Lately I mark unopened common chests on my map with the meat icon to save for later... the scraps, I call them. Why? Because as a normal person I like my primo total to be divisible by 5. Whenever a cursed 1 primo tutorial comes along to inflict chaos I go open some of those chests to restore harmony to the universe.

Meissner

Sep 10, 2020
Father treating me well with solvent and candle
not-bad.png

Starshine

Oct 25, 2017
I use meat icons for well, animal food or catchable animals until I catch them, then I remove them.

Pickaxes for Ores.

Banners for, well, Events, Marking Entrances to obscure caves, reminders to come back to chest-puzzles, and misc things.

Flower to denote regional items to gather them until I have enough.

Asterisk/Star: long time ago it was for Shrine of Depths, but now it is exclusively to mark Artifacts for runs.

Fish for fishing spots or to stand out as an obviously NOT fishing spot but to more easily draw my attention to it to come back later for whatever reason.

My map is mostly littered with pickaxes ⛏️, stars ⭐️, and banners 📜.

I would love more icons!

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
I haven't really
i obviously have a lot to say all the time when it comes to music in games but i mentioned in the OT prior that there's something fundamental about the music in Wuthering Waves that just... straight up annoys me

the only other game in recent memory to do this is Terraria and despite sounding completely different it's largely for the same reason - it's like a whole bunch of random stuff cobbled together that doesn't actually have anything to *say*, and that makes it worse than soundtracks that just blend into the background unintrusively

I agree. I think that the game's music is serviceable, but none of it sticks once I close the game. It feels like the music is designed to stand out as little as possible (in the sense that there are no infectious, catchy melodies or memorable lyrics) so you focus on everything else.

No one would give Kuro Games trouble for copying Genshin's incredibly high standards for music, where even melody structure and instrument usage clues the player in on implications for an area (ex: the sparse, sad melodies that evoke desolation and distance whenever you go underground and find ruins).

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I could literally not tell you what any of the battle themes sound like in Wuwa after playing for nearly a week

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
I've just got this goblet. I'll give it to Chiori to test if it's better than the Geo goblet I'm using. If it isn't, it'll be Yun Jin's piece (DEF, ER and CR to proc Fav lance).

i9i35Tm.jpeg

Last edited:

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I'm playing through the first Cyno story quest -

764n22V.jpg

wtf are they doing

Give me a fade to black / "four days pass" screen instead, this is obnoxious.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Monday - Xiao, Faruzan
Tuesday - Chongyun
Wednesday - Arlecchino

How I intended to use the 2x talent books event.

I've just got this goblet. I'll give it to Chiori to test if it's better than the Geo goblet I'm usung. If it isn't, it'll be Yun Jin's piece (DEF, ER and CR to proc Fav lance).

i9i35Tm.jpeg

Grats on this great on-set 4 liners with rolls going the right places.

I was wondering how many XP books I used in total on all my characters.
Out of 71 characters, 64 are at level 90, 6 at level 80 and 1 at level 70 (Sorry Aloy but you gotta get those constellations)
That's the equivalent of around 28.4k purple books....DAMN

Damn, I have only 36 built characters at level 90. I'm in the process of adding 2 more, both Faruzan and Xiao are at level 80.

Props to all of you trying to level up as many characters as possible.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Oh damn.

After struggling fruitlessly to get the Platinum against the Primovishap with a Yaenari team, I got significantly better at playing it that I managed to beat the whale before it went to phase 2. Never managed to do that before. At least all that practice paid off somewhere.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn.

After struggling fruitlessly to get the Platinum against the Primovishap with a Yaenari team, I got significantly better at playing it that I managed to beat the whale before it went to phase 2. Never managed to do that before. At least all that practice paid off somewhere.

Just curious, are you using Nahida as well? My Tighnari C3 ( top 2% Akasha ) and Nahida C2. I could barely made the cut and I used food buff too.

It took me a while before I settle with this opening. I make sure to use Tighnari skill as soon as it cools down, refresh ZhongLi shield or Nahida burst if needed, before I do his triple charge attack.

View: https://youtu.be/ZvtcQ2cB3I8?si=ZMs2AHLPm88z0wcS

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still feeling the residual hype from the Special Program, lol.

It's kind of wild to think that we're already close to reaching the start of the "endgame" of the story, or at least this specific chapter. Sibling meet-up and Abyss stuff should be a pivotal moment unless they were just baiting us and Natlan has the last Gnosis the Fatui need to collect, so the end of the Natlan storyline could be another pivotal story moment.

And with the story preparing for "endgame", so does gameplay. The Theater seems very smartly designed from what I can tell based on the infos they shared with us:
- It will reward/require building wide, so people will be incentivized to pull more characters, build more characters and use more characters.
- There is no DPS check for primos. It does hard-block you if your roster is not big enough, but if you meet the requirements, you only need to reach the finish line. Meeting the DPS check is instead entirely for bragging rights,
- All of this also has the side effect of imo elevating the usefulness of "middle of the road" characters, like most 4* on-field DPS that often don't meet the Abyss DPS check without big investments
- "Casual" rewards (photo poses) are incentives for the crowd that doesn't care about Abyss to also engage with this mode and possible get into building more characters (this is also the reason why pretty much every update recently had something to help out newbies with character building). I guess for them this mode also ideally doubles as a "gateway drug" into getting more interested into combat, which could then get people possibly into caring about Abyss more, which could lead to people wanting to pull for "power" or synergies on top of just "love".
- The special characters that bypass the restrictions are obviously there to both "reward" you if you already have one, but also give you another reason to maybe pull.
- Sharing characters with friends incentivizes socializing and is a non-competitive way of letting people "show off" and feel good about their cracked characters.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Can't afford to pull on Boothill in hsr so now hoping its a mistake and Boothill just gets released in Genshin this week as a uh.... electro or pyro or even geo? main dps where I do have the pulls for him

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Just curious, are you using Nahida as well? My Tighnari C3 ( top 2% Akasha ) and Nahida C2. I could barely made the cut and I used food buff too.

It took me a while before I settle with this opening. I make sure to use Tighnari skill as soon as it cools down, refresh ZhongLi shield or Nahida burst if needed, before I do his triple charge attack.

View: https://youtu.be/ZvtcQ2cB3I8?si=ZMs2AHLPm88z0wcS

Yeah I was using Tighnari/Yae/Zhongli/Nahida. Looking at the video, your charge shots are doing about 15k more than mine so just not doable at my investment level I guess.

C2 Amos
C0 Widsth
C0 Fav
C2 Sac Frag

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This is my crackpot theory about Natlan, before we get 4.8, which'll basically confirm it.

Everyone in Natlan is the Archon.
It's the Nation of War because while they're all the same person, they still vy for who the head is.
It's also why we've never seen anyone outside of Natlan.
Similar to what Focalor did, the goal of the Archon is to free itself from the concept of the Archon, so the people can be free. These proxy wars are in effect to find someone who can defy the will of Celestia.

Murata predates the Cataclysm, so she's long gone.
Previously, Murata prolly had the opposite approach, where her people went to other nations. But after dealing with slavery, the subsequent Archon no longer wanted that, so basically took another approach to the Sakoku Decree, rather than preventing people from leaving, simply give them no ambition to do so (because they're all them).

Saurians, being Dragons, are unaffected by this, but they're around cause of the Authority.
As others and myself speculated before, characters like Klee and Layla are Dragons, prolly from Saurians bloodlines dating way before the Cataclysm.

I'm definitely gonna be right.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was using Tighnari/Yae/Zhongli/Nahida. Looking at the video, your charge shots are doing about 15k more than mine so just not doable at my investment level I guess.

C2 Amos
C0 Widsth
C0 Fav
C2 Sac Frag

Yeah I also have his signature weapon. My Yae also has her signature weapon. I definitely won't be able to do it with your investment.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still feeling the residual hype from the Special Program, lol.

It's kind of wild to think that we're already close to reaching the start of the "endgame" of the story, or at least this specific chapter. Sibling meet-up and Abyss stuff should be a pivotal moment unless they were just baiting us and Natlan has the last Gnosis the Fatui need to collect, so the end of the Natlan storyline could be another pivotal story moment.

And with the story preparing for "endgame", so does gameplay. The Theater seems very smartly designed from what I can tell based on the infos they shared with us:
- It will reward/require building wide, so people will be incentivized to pull more characters, build more characters and use more characters.
- There is no DPS check for primos. It does hard-block you if your roster is not big enough, but if you meet the requirements, you only need to reach the finish line. Meeting the DPS check is instead entirely for bragging rights,
- All of this also has the side effect of imo elevating the usefulness of "middle of the road" characters, like most 4* on-field DPS that often don't meet the Abyss DPS check without big investments
- "Casual" rewards (photo poses) are incentives for the crowd that doesn't care about Abyss to also engage with this mode and possible get into building more characters (this is also the reason why pretty much every update recently had something to help out newbies with character building). I guess for them this mode also ideally doubles as a "gateway drug" into getting more interested into combat, which could then get people possibly into caring about Abyss more, which could lead to people wanting to pull for "power" or synergies on top of just "love".
- The special characters that bypass the restrictions are obviously there to both "reward" you if you already have one, but also give you another reason to maybe pull.
- Sharing characters with friends incentivizes socializing and is a non-competitive way of letting people "show off" and feel good about their cracked characters.

Yeah, still hyped from the preview stream too.
Someone in here mentioned a couple days ago that they thought Genshin is in sort of a decline. I couldn't disagree more. Genshin has never been better, has never more consistently released exciting new content, story-wise and gameplay-wise.

While Natlan marks the point of all gnosis being obtained by Snezhnaya, I do not think we are anywhere close to the resolution of the the story and end of Genshin as a game. I expect there to be Khaenriah after Snezhnaya, then Celestia and then we are going no doubt to space or hopping universes, lol.
But it really doesn't feel as if Genshin is already running for 4 years now. Heck, it's like Fontaine only released a couple months ago.

Regarding Imaginarium Theater: Even I'm excited for it. I usually don't care about combat modes, but this one is so beautifully presented and with lore behind it.
Them explaining the mode in the stream still felt confusing. I guess I'm going to understand it only by playing it. Though even playing it, I still haven't fully understood what I'm doing in Simulated Universe in Star Rail, so... ;)

kGCqCrd.png

rkgk mein fraulein

It's been ancient years since I doodle stuff. I need to go sleep now

Aww...what a cute art! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Can't afford to pull on Boothill in hsr so now hoping its a mistake and Boothill just gets released in Genshin this week as a uh.... electro or pyro or even geo? main dps where I do have the pulls for him

Yes, please. Characters like Boothill or Gallagher are so cool. I wish they'd come to Genshin instead.
But then I'd have no reason to play SR anymore. I only play it for collecting husbandos at this point, lol.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Decided to play through some hangouts today and was not expecting part of Faruzan's to be about the robot crab from Tighnari's quest, and also have a scene where she gets letters from her now dead family and friends from when they were looking for her. I particularly liked that scene because up to this point it seemed like her being locked up for 100 years has only been played for laughs.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
This is my crackpot theory about Natlan, before we get 4.8, which'll basically confirm it.

Everyone in Natlan is the Archon.
It's the Nation of War because while they're all the same person, they still vy for who the head is.
It's also why we've never seen anyone outside of Natlan.
Similar to what Focalor did, the goal of the Archon is to free itself from the concept of the Archon, so the people can be free. These proxy wars are in effect to find someone who can defy the will of Celestia.

Murata predates the Cataclysm, so she's long gone.
Previously, Murata prolly had the opposite approach, where her people went to other nations. But after dealing with slavery, the subsequent Archon no longer wanted that, so basically took another approach to the Sakoku Decree, rather than preventing people from leaving, simply give them no ambition to do so (because they're all them).

Saurians, being Dragons, are unaffected by this, but they're around cause of the Authority.
As others and myself speculated before, characters like Klee and Layla are Dragons, prolly from Saurians bloodlines dating way before the Cataclysm.

I'm definitely gonna be right.
I think you've got some sauce here. I'm not sure about the Archon trying to free themselves from Celestia though. I think it's too similar to the two surrounding stories, and as I writer I would find it weird that the first 4 archons seemingly couldn't care less and the last 3 suddenly do.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Saying that Genshin is in decline is pretty surprising to me when we're just in downtime between regions. We've had two really great arcs with Sumeru and Fontaine, we're starting to see some long overdue QoL and a lot of great new characters have been added to the roster since Sumeru, Dori aside.

Enjoyment is subjective of course but I think we're on the right path here.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Genshin has only gotten better over time tbh.

Also I took 3:39 to kill the dendro chicken with an a Arle/Yae/Raiden/Chev overload team. Dang.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
It took me 5m30s to beat the oversized shroom chicken with my best squad. Dang.

And I know I've been spending lots of hours in WuWa but don't get me wrong, Genshin is in no risk of falling off. I've been through this period of downtime in Inazuma, Sumeru and now Fontaine cycles, and I know for sure as soon as Natlan drops, the machine will reactivate and the hype will rise like a phoenix again, just like how it happened three times before.

And it's Natlan. My home land. And with music that seems lifted from a David Wise soundtrack (yep, upon some consideration I instantly linked it to Tropical Freeze). I'm giddy just by slightly thinking about it.

So, I fucking NEED WuWa, Hades 2 and TOTK to help my ADHD brain to forget this is happening until August lmao.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Jury should obviously stay out till played around with it a bit for a few cycles but my initial impression of imaginarium theater is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory sadly. Aside from the all the presentation production work they've clearly put into it- seems a big upgrade from abyss there.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Wtf, went back there to check and GARCIA IS NOW IN FONTAINE! Quickly talked to him and Lutong to start the quest; will do it tomorrow.

(I was suddenly scared shitless that if I didn't do it, he would become busy for another daily in Sumeru lol.)

Also, was only able to get Father to 10/9/8 because she only dropped two mats today. Next week I'll finish with her.