Status
Not open for further replies.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
This deluge of waifus leaves me with one question, where are the husbandos?

1615922830758.png

I'm conflicted on Yanfei... Her portrait, that is hair, expression, hat and that thing she has around her neck are all really cute to me. But her 3d model and rest of her design do absolutely nothing for me.

She looks stoned here, definitely a healer.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Out of 9 banners we had so far, 5 have been husbandos.
other 4 were waifus and one of em was bait copy pasted from standard banner.

Stop pretending we are hurting for husbandos, they are dominating the gacha right now.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Joining the chorus, yanfei is terrible looking. Patches of cloth is not good design mihoyo

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
With 20 minutes left on the banner, I managed to pull Hu Tao. I had to dip into my Starglitter pile for the last couple pulls but I did it. Not only do I get a fire dps, but I can now pull on the next banner for Rosaria, without having to worry about getting Childe! Best case scenario!

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What was so bad about that fake character? Don't see how it stands out from any of the other characters we gotten.

- The color scheme is garish and all over the place. You better don't mix those and as many variations of red and pink.
- Genshin characters make plenty use of asymmetry, but they usually use it well to guide the eye and form a balanced but dynamic overall picture. This design can only be described as chaotic.
- Characters usually follow a recognizable theme (knight, bard, aristocrat, magician, pirate, dragon, zombie, nun etc.). Even if the theme is hard to tell at first they at least use clothing items that invoke a certain feel, like mixing a traditional changshan with a French Rococo frock coat in case of Xingqiu. You get Chinese tradition and virtue paired with nobility and extravagance.
- Genshin character designs are so far fairly unique to one another. This design seemingly reuses of all sorts of characters' wardrobes. On first glance I see Mona, Fischl, Xingqiu etc. in there. I guess that was exactly how that design was made. Reuse and alter other characters' assets.

Last edited:

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I like both of their designs 👀

But expect Kazuha sooner or later if you want a (5*) husbando, previous leaks suggested he was close to completion along with Yanfei (Feiyan at the time).

Last edited:

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
On my Chongyun / Xiangling / Bennett / Xingqiu team, Chongyun is basically the DPS of the team. Problem is my Bennett Ults off cooldowns and it's a quick swap team (so basically no character is on the field for more than a few seconds anyway).
Check out this guy Hyoudachi on YouTube. Chongyun is his main DPS and makes absolute monster gameplays. I have Chongyun at C6 and I'm thinking of doing some investing into him.
oh sick thanks, had no idea!

my bennett is c6 is that going to cause problems >_>

Stop pretending we are hurting for husbandos, they are dominating the gacha right now.
should left the waifus where they belong, in the trash

i'd like to see some normal women and girls tho

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I can never stand any loli ish design. I dunno but Klee looks so out of place in this game for me. I despise her voice too lol

Klee's voice is definitely annoying, but the way she feels when you play as her feels EXACTLY how I expect a young, playful, and a LITTLE bit wreckless child would play. There's a lot of little nuances to her animations and such.

And Diona is fun, but I guess I can understand the loli concerns.

E: Yanfei looks kinda cute and that scale/staff might make for a new character.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I think people asking for "husbandos" are more looking for "adult male model" characters, which there are only 4 of in the game so far. Only one is a 4* too.

It's why people are begging for Varka (though I wish he would be an older bearded male, but there's 0 chance of that happening).

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to scan the qr bar code on the game for playstation but for some reason i keep getting a different product when i scan the code. Is anyone else having trouble on a playstation console scanning the qr code for the new event??
Yeah it took forever for me to scan properly. Didn't work at all at first, then it scanned random products. Then *poof* I got the URL.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I noticed you can only play the event on your phone and it doesn't work on the ps5. I found that odd

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Hu Tao doesn't have heels and her run looks just fine.

The designs of the women characters in this game are just constantly -_-
You would think with how many women play the game that they would start making some female characters that would appeal to them.

Like... if there is actually a ban on pants you can still do something more like
Ok0t26s.png

note: one big thing she has over a lot of the characters is she isn't wearing long sleeves with short shorts/ short dress/ a flap of fabric across her front.
They also really like their stupid long sleeves on most of the female characters. Granted a lot of the characters still have their shoulders exposed and just sleeves past the elbow :P

Looking through the only characters that don't have something covering most of their arm after their elbow are Keqing (has gloves but short ones), Lisa (same as Keqing), and Xiangling (same as the others) Beidou has long gloves that go to her elbows and everyone else has some sort of sleeve despite most of them wearing short shorts or just a flap of cloth over nothing.

My SO likes Genshin and enjoys cosplaying, but if they did any cosplay from genshin they would either take a character like Amber or Hu Tao and greatly extend the shorts, or just cosplay as one of the guys because they wouldn't be comfortable cosplaying anyone else :/

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
since i saw the topic of high heels above i got curious and checked and it's true most of the female characters have high heels but what made me gag was that diona has high heels but without the heels cause she's a cat

thanks i hate it

If Chongyun is doing your damage? Probably not if it's a quickswap team. You will use his skill and his Ult, then swap.
hmm okay cool sounds good! will get to experimenting pronto!

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
since i saw the topic of high heels above i got curious and checked and it's true most of the female characters have high heels but what made me gag was that diona has high heels but without the heels cause she's a cat

thanks i hate it
Yeah Diona's just a nonsensical mess in terms of design.

Good luck with the quickswap team! It's a lot of fun, but does require some investment in Bennett, Chongyun and Xingqiu to be fully effective. Xiangling is the one unit, unless she's C6, that I would say is relatively easy to replace (Zhongli is technically better in the role, but Zhongli is basically the best in any role due to universal shred).

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Visually not a fan of both. :/ But they are alright designs. You can tell however that their character design approach is shifting from more simply recognizable to bordering overdesigned.

Also mirroring others in here, where are the husbandos? They didn't just turn Varka into Eula, lol?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's intersting to see that these are two characters never part of any leak. They also look linda different and newer compared to other Genshin character designs. I could imagine them being more recently created designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.