Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Land of the Resin Sun!
Devil my Cryo is cool, but the title OT title gets too long imo

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ayaka OT title is funny now but it'll age harder when she's long off the banner in a couple months time.

jRPG

Dec 13, 2017
Not only does Mona's dash get improvements but tomorrow a new artifact set will come out what will be absolutely bonkers on her. It's a good week for Mona fans.

Which set, out of interest? I have a level 1 C2 Mona who has my only 5 star weapon, a level 1 Skyward Atlas, and the guilt is kinda kicking my ass. Feels like waste.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Which set, out of interest? I have a level 1 C2 Mona who has my only 5 star weapon, a level 1 Skyward Atlas, and the guilt is kinda kicking my ass. Feels like waste.

Emblem of Severed Fate:
2-Piece set will provide Energy Recharge +20%
4-Piece set will increase Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of Energy Recharge

Mona naturally gains a Hydro DMG boost that is equivalent to 20% of her Energy Recharge rate.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
New OT goes live in 2 hours. :3

So, what's it gonna be for the title?
"Land of the Resin Sun (game version 2.0, adding Inazuma region)"
"Featuring Ayaka of Devil May Cryo (game version 2.0, adding Inazuma region)"

Kaebie asked me to include a clear denotion in the title that this is a major game update/expansion.
Really like the Ayaka one, but first one should be better if the thread goes into Gaming forum.

(I also read the second one as 'Devil Mayo' the first time >_< )

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
"

Emblem of Severed Fate

The first one is the Emblem of Severed Fate, and its set bonuses are as follows:

2-piece Set: Energy Recharge +20%
4-Piece Set: Increases Elemental Burst DMG by 25% of Energy Recharge. A maximum of 75% bonus DMG can be obtained this way. "

Mona has a passive that let her gain a percentage of hydro dmg bonus based on her energy recharge and since her burst is what makes her so valuable this set could potentially give her a shit ton of bonus damage.

My Mona has a widsith and 2 heart of depth + 2 Noblesse oblige, but with this set I'd gladly switch off with a Favonius Codex and see what kind of damage I can get with that 75% dmg bonus

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't think Ayaka should be in the title when the thread will probably last a couple of patches.
It's just so that more/new people will see the thread. Most don't look at Hangouts.
Ah I see. Thanks.
Apologies if this has already been asked, but what roles are Ayaka and Yoimiya looking to be? Main dps or sub?
Ayaka can only be a main dps. Yoimiya I think can be both but I heard she has the Yanfei issues with Vape, and I don't particularly understand how her ult targets so I'm not as confident in her sub dps abilities.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Emblem of Severed Fate will be good for so many characters. I hope the domain isn't one of the more annoying ones since we'll have to set up a farm there.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The new artifacts are so good that I've been saving up my transient resins and condensed resins just for the new domain. Spamming that domain is the very first thing I'm doing once I get free reign in Inazuma. I might even blow a dozen fragile resins on it.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I like Electro Boogaloo...

All this new Childe fanart. I am eating today.

what a time for people with superior taste

tenor.gif

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
You guys were talking about the Genshin Soundtrack recently. Did they ever release any from the trailers?

I really like the one from the 1.1 trailer that plays when Childe gets introduced so I was wondering if there was a standalone track. That being said I do love his line "I am the least adept with a bow".

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
also make sure you guys have logged out on the peak of Guyun Stone Forest facing the sea so your first sight will be Inazuma off in the distance when you log in

i did that for the Dragonspine update. rip jpeg mountain

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Emblem of Severed Fate will be good for so many characters. I hope the domain isn't one of the more annoying ones since we'll have to set up a farm there.

It should be generally good for support units with 80 energy cost on their burst. Those units want lots of ER anyway to guarantee burst off-cooldown. It's more questionable for 40-60 energy cost units since too much ER can be DPS loss if they sacrifice other offensive substats like ATK% or Crit (probably need to approach case by case).

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
These Ayaka trailers have all been so... one note. I dunno just dull compared to Kazuha, and even Eula.

jRPG

Dec 13, 2017
Thank you both! I had a feeling it was the Emblem set, but I didn't know why it was so beneficial to Mona until you both explained about her passive.

My biggest issue in investing in Mona has always been that she required the same talent books as Diluc, Jean and Bennett. It would be nice to finally have someone who can make use of all those Rings of Boreas I get though.

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
I'll be looking to farm the Emblem set for Electro Traveler, Xiangling, Beidou and Xingqiu, in this order. Really hope it's not an annoying domain, because I'm gonna be spending a lot of time there

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Electro Boogaloo fits Inazuma, is fun to say, fits the element theme we have now with "Anemo Crossing" and avoids any potential issues with the whole "land of the rising sun" stuff that was brought up a few days ago.

Electro Boogaloo for life!

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I like "Baal'n like I'm Ayaka" as the OT title but if not either of the other 2 works well. Resin Sun is dope but the second one has Ayaka in the forefront. Given how hyped she is it makes sense.

So either is cool.

I'm just surprised it's actually here. This region has had a huge build-up.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this pushes Mihoyo to have multiple reruns during the 3 week periods. There's no way they can justify doing a Kazuha rerun for 3 weeks from a business standpoint.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
...and avoids any potential issues with the whole "land of the rising sun" stuff that was brought up a few days ago.

That's not an actual issue, it's a name used for Japan for hundreds of years already and derived from the Japanese name for Japan: 日本
Wikipedia:
"日 (nichi) means "sun" or "day"; 本 (hon) means "base" or "origin". The compound means "origin of the sun" or "where the sun rises" (from a Chinese point of view, the sun rises from Japan); it is a source for the popular Western description of Japan as the "Land of the Rising Sun"."

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
That's not an actual issue, it's a name used for Japan for hundreds of years already and derived from the Japanese name for Japan: 日本
Wikipedia:
"日 (nichi) means "sun" or "day"; 本 (hon) means "base" or "origin". The compound means "origin of the sun" or "where the sun rises" (from a Chinese point of view, the sun rises from Japan); it is a source for the popular Western description of Japan as the "Land of the Rising Sun"."
Ah, that's good to know! I'll admit I didn't catch the "resolution" to that thing, just saw that it was brought up.

Well I still think Electro Boogaloo is better :p

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I just want to re-nominate OT: Baal's in her Court.

Not my suggestion (I forget who made it) but it's a pun the works on a word *and* sentence level! The ball's in the ball court but also Ball, ruler of Inazuma, would have a court of administrators/hangers on/etc.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Kazuha would likely have done better if he wasn't sitting in front of Ayaka, or Inazuma in general. He is really fun to play, IMO.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Looking up Sayu, it looks like she's similar to Bennett? Like, her Burst probably isn't as useful since it doesn't provide an attack buff, but it operates similarly enough down to the first constellation removing a 70% health restriction. Plus her exploration passive sounds like it'd be hella useful.

And I'm totally glad I got Kazuha. Both for finally having an Anemo character, as well as for how useful he is in nearly every fight for keeping guys close together.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Good luck to everyone rolling for Ayaka today! ☆☆☆☆☆ And yay for Inazuma exploration soon~!

My plan is to skip Ayaka and Yoimiya and wait for Ganyu re-run and Baal. So far, I have 140 wishes saved up and counting plus I'm on guaranteed pity. I haven't rolled since Zhongli so the wait for a banner I actually want to roll on has been painful...

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Like Childe, they did Kazuha dirty and now there's a waifu wave on the way. Which is already part of my problem with Ayaka and why her trailers seem so boring.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
My reserves going to into Inazuma:
18086 primogems (11610 genesis crystals)
14 intertwined fates
33 acquaint fates
7,570,870 mora
706 Hero's Wit
55 fragile resin
2 transient resin
With the choice of either a lvl. 90 Aquila Favonia or lvl. 90 Skyward Blade and a 45/195 Blizzard Strayer set for waiting for Ayaka.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think the biggest issue with the ayaka demo is the theme just seems to be "Yo Ayaka though"

Kazuha's demo was like 'YO, I'MMA GIVE YOU JAPAN, MY GUY!" and it was dope to see the Samurai Champloo references, the kurosawa references, the Haiku and Shadow Theatre

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
clu1sGB.jpg

goodbye...this was good update
i will miss the islands

speaking about the island,,check this:

"Did you know that if you miss the Island Event, Barbara will leave a letter there? She said that she and her friends "spent a most wonderful summer there" and wishes summer joy to everybody else."

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I think the biggest issue with the ayaka demo is the theme just seems to be "Yo Ayaka though"

Kazuha's demo was like 'YO, I'MMA GIVE YOU JAPAN, MY GUY!" and it was dope to see the Samurai Champloo references, the kurosawa references, the Haiku and Shadow Theatre

This exactly. The trailer made me feel bad for not pulling for Kazuha, whose presentation was so much better. Ugh. This made the most sense for me but I wish Kazuha had gotten a better shake!

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Please make your way over to the new OT!

www.resetera.com

Genshin Impact |OT5| Land of the Resin Sun (game version 2.0, Inazuma region added) OT

Genshin Impact is a F2P open world action RPG with co-op multiplayer by Chinese developer Mihoyo, available for PS4, PS5, PC, Android and iOS. A Switch version has also been announced without a specific date as of yet. Your main character is the Traveller from a far away world. You choose...

Status
Not open for further replies.