VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
If this is spread over months, what ties it together and makes it one thing instead of a bunch of stuff? Also, is this connected to the IGN thing or is it different?

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
tenor.gif

This is an awesome initiative. Looking forward to it.

HMS_Pinafore

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Straya M8
Broke: Covid-19 started in China from wild animal meat.

Woke: Covid-19 was created by Geoff Keighley in order to kill off E3 for good so he could take over.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
So now we have Summer Game Fest, IGN, GameSpot, what else is there? I wonder if all these announcements will be regurgitated if the same companies are at all the events

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
My first thought is that four months is pretty long for a festival. I get wanting to tie it into Opening Night Live, though. We'll see how Geoff & Co. are able to keep the momentum up.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not take a step back and see the work people are doing to keep us informed and importantly involved. During this time, don't you think it's humbling to know gaming could be brought to your home? I find responses like this unconscionable.

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
So now we have Summer Game Fest, IGN, GameSpot, what else is there? I wonder if all these announcements will be regurgitated if the same companies are at all the events

You know it will be at times similar stuff probably the trailers being shown again with small slices of new footage or interviews.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If this is spread over months, what ties it together and makes it one thing instead of a bunch of stuff? Also, is this connected to the IGN thing or is it different?

Here:
"We're not trying to compete with publisher events, but we're trying to amplify them," Keighley said. "They create their own event, but we'll amplify it with our web site, which is like a hub for the events. The finale will be the Gamescom show that I do."

Jimbojim

Jan 10, 2018
That's great news! I was hoping we could learn more about Elden Ring but I don't see From Software in the picture. One can hope!

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
What exactly are people praising or saying its cool again? Anyone even understand how this is going to work? We need to wait for the AMA for more details before saying it sucks or its better than E3 because so far this is a big nothing, just tell whos going to be there, but not what is going to be.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
This sounds great if it gives us some demos. That's said nothing replaces giant conferences, which obviously we can't do this year, but I hope those stay around in the future.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly are people praising or saying its cool again? Anyone even undestand how this is going to work? We need to wait for the AMA for more details before saying it sucks or its better than E3 because so far this is a big nothing, just tell whos going to be there, but not what is going to be.
This seems to basically just be Keighley marketing whatever events these companies already have planned for the next few months as one big thing.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I kind of prefer this to E3. Stretching all these announcements over 3 months means they all get a chance to shine. Sure it's maybe not as hype as a big boat load of news all at once, but if it means no one gets overshadowed, it's a win in my book.

KevdotL

Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft and Capcom can both easily be with Playstation or Xbox as well via third party marketing deals

Cam

Oct 27, 2017
You know what? For all the silly memes and jokes, no one can knock his hustle and passion for games and putting this together as an alternative to the big events during this world event. Props to him, I look forward to it.