• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Tregard

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
It certainly feels like a natural follow-up to this will be Geoff producing a similar summer event in the future, potentially Xbox Series X being revealed at TGA was testing the waters in this regard.

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
And there were still people telling me that Sony made a mistake skipping E3 this year.

Make no mistake about it: E3 isn't about gamers anymore.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Geoff has his own annual event, which is arguably bigger than E3, now.

So it's understandable.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to E3? Why does no one go?

it is a public event with focus on "influencers" etc as opposed to journalists.

Honestly if you ask me, it is a move to underline how this industry and its audience have moved on from the traditional press and toward the personalities and they dont like that obviously.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for the ESA's "this is fine, we have activations" response.

Once Giant Bomb's couch pulls out, then it's really done.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I hope after this year Nintendo and Microsoft officially pull out as well and E3 dies.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I also think it's funny this forum loved E3 but all of a sudden E3 isn't good.
You must have been living under a rock to miss all of the reasons why people are dissatisfied with E3.

Also of course people have a huge love for E3. Most people grew deeper into this hobby because of E3.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Was always a great way to recap, instead of watching the shows at stupid 0'clock and also get some additional info, would usually put it on whilst doing something else. Big loss for E3.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Is E3 dead? I feel like Geoff skipping it makes me personally sad - his coverage those first two days is always pretty glorious. Feels bad man.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna feel weird to watch E3 without Keighley. He's definitely been part of the E3 experience.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
EQlyzSLVUAEGAXO

For the first time in 25 years. Holy crap.

I feel strongly that if Sony is doing a live event for the PS5 reveal that they'll have Geoff host it.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I never watched the colisuems. Do people really love them?
Never really cared for them, but Geoff himself saying he's pretty much skipping E3 is kinda huge. A personality that large is effectively a staple of the event. He sees the signs, maybe we should listen.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Keighley's just making room for the dozens of influencers and celebrities who are being shuttled in as we speak.

Oct 27, 2017
Hot take, ESA going in on "influencers" rightly got people smelling a train wreck a mile away

I don't think it's that, as all the major games publishers (apart from maybe Nintendo) use influencers to promote their products, and Keighley himself is no stranger to inviting them to his productions. It's only really the old fashioned types like us who have a visceral hatred towards them, and we're an ever-shrinking market.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Literally had no idea Keighley was involved w/ E3 in any fashion but I guess DOOM N GLOOM is the name of the day

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Geoff saw "Celebrity Influencers at E3" and immediately had PTSD from VGAs & VGX XD

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
At this point it wouldn't surprise me anymore if Nintendo really stayed away as well. Very interesting what's happening there...