• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Naw, keep it an accessory.

Getting the accessory for $30 is alot better to handle than $100+ for a special controller. I get 3 back button add ons for my 3 DS4 controllers at $90, vs. $500+ for 3 Elite type controllers? Jesus.
yeah paddles should be an accessory not a standard imo.

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
The main difference that hasn't been described much by devs is the improved speaker output. How much of that comes from physical speaker or housing changes, Bluetooth or alternative wireless transmission upgrade and how much comes from a potential audio encoder-decoder upgrade remains to be seen.

Astro's Playroom looks cute, colourful and brimming with new ideas as I'd hoped.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
with the load times, its possible 'load' times will be less about 'load' and more about game setup - decompressing assets, building worlds etc, prepping for starting play

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Love those little nods to the playstation history... the rubber ducks were cute, but the fan wind section of the demo is the best : really represents the noise of my Ps4 playing MGS5 and God of war.

Hope the speaker and haptics emulate the sound of a jet engine taking off like the real thing for maximum immersion.

J/k

It's hard (impossible) to present haptics with vidéo so the presentation feels a bit lame as is ; but it's better than nothing I guess. Will have to test it in person to see how it compares to joycons rumble feedback.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Just to chime in, I'd much rather the paddles be an add on accessory that's affordable rather than a) Having to buy an expensive "elite" controller to get the experience or b) Having them built in when I might not always want them there.

I like the thought of an add on. I imagine having back buttons messes with the grip when you just don't want or need to use them.
Doesn't mess with the grip at all and as far as the elites go they are magnets they come out easily no tools required

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
So when watching the 4K version for the first time, when Geoff holds the controller up you can see the device lable on the back of it. It has a different layout than the DS4's lable. Has anyone tried some Blade Runner type software to make out all the info and symbols? Is it possible to spot something that might give new info about the controller. Like say Battery size (whatever it's called).

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
So when watching the 4K version for the first time, when Geoff holds the controller up you can see the device lable on the back of it. It has a different layout than the DS4's lable. Has anyone tried some Blade Runner type software to make out all the info and symbols? Is it possible to spot something that might give new info about the controller. Like say Battery size (whatever it's called).
I see two labels, low down a very wide one (like DS4's) with off-white colour to match the controller, the only symbol I could make out was the CE marking. The other pure-white label's probably unique to pre-release units.

I don't think the resolution or focus of the camera's up to any great analysis. You can see the rear microphone slot though.