• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The first show was so-so, the biggest announcement during it wasn't even at the show but from Sony - that they'd acquired Insomniac-but I'm glad theyre getting another shot at it.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Meh. I dunno why Keighley's even doing this.
If it's because of people's current stance on E3 okay, but still.
The first one didn't match the HYPE he was trying to make us feel TBH.
I just don't think Gamescom is as big of a deal as E3.
Like Sure, Death Stranding stuff was there because Kojima was announcing that Keighley was in as an NPC, and yes MS kinda did good with Gears 5, but......

I really do question Kyle Bosman's need to be drug into it.

I hope it's better, but, given my thoughts on Gamescom not being as big as E3, I question Geoff Keighley's insistence on doing this.
He Tried this year, and didn't really succeed outside of Death Stranding (Since he's in as an NPC as gratitude for redeeming Kojima's award situation and such) and MS's good stuff with Gears and such.
So.... yeah. I'm just like Why? Why does he think he needs to do it? and yes I brought up the possible E3 opinion reason.

I just personally don't see the need when E3 is already a thing. ( I do feel there's better ways to fix the E3 situation than forcing HYPE on Gamescom)

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i think the show has potential to be much more fun to watch next year just because there'll be next gen announcements and trailers.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Meh. I dunno why Keighley's even doing this.
If it's because of people's current stance on E3 okay, but still.
The first one didn't match the HYPE he was trying to make us feel TBH.
I just don't think Gamescom is as big of a deal as E3.
Like Sure, Death Stranding stuff was there because Kojima was announcing that Keighley was in as an NPC, and yes MS kinda did good with Gears 5, but......

I really do question Kyle Bosman's need to be drug into it.

I hope it's better, but, given my thoughts on Gamescom not being as big as E3, I question Geoff Keighley's insistence on doing this.
He Tried this year, and didn't really succeed outside of Death Stranding (Since he's in as an NPC as gratitude for redeeming Kojima's award situation and such) and MS's good stuff with Gears and such.
So.... yeah. I'm just like Why? Why does he think he needs to do it? and yes I brought up the possible E3 opinion reason.

I just personally don't see the need when E3 is already a thing. ( I do feel there's better ways to fix the E3 situation than forcing HYPE on Gamescom)
i really don't think it exists as a way to make up for decreasing interest in E3. gamescom has always been a huge event, this is just another excuse to get people to watch some trailers. it's not like all trailers and announcements should happen at the same time every year at E3.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
i really don't think it exists as a way to make up for decreasing interest in E3. gamescom has always been a huge event, this is just another excuse to get people to watch some trailers. it's not like all trailers and announcements should happen at the same time every year at E3.
Well that's just giving me more of a reason as to why I feel the way I do about Keighley forcing this down our throats.
I like Geoff as much as the next guy, but his attempt at doing it this year wasn't very interesting or such other than the Death Stranding stuff and the Xbox news.
Knowing he's on here, I hope he takes my opinion to heart personally. I'm hoping he understands that there's been alot of thoughts about it being So-so and unnecessary from people like me.
I just wasn't sold on this from the start given the reasons I've already mentioned.

Nov 11, 2017
I'll pass first show felt like a kojima advertisement or some shit. He's comprised and we should move away from him

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was there anything good in that this year I cant remember
there was a shadow drop (Erica), some announcements (Kerbal Space Program 2, Humankind, Little Nightmares 2, Comanche) and a bunch of trailers/gameplay for already announced games (Modern Warfare, Need for Speed Heat, Magic: The Gathering Arena, Witcher 3 for Switch, Gears 5, DCL The Game, Predator Hunting Grounds, Monster Hunter World Iceborne, The Cycle, Life Is Strange 2, Borderlands 3, Everspace 2, FIFA 20, Disintegration, GYLT, Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, and Anno 1800).

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Now we can blame him if Death Stranding wins GOTY.

On a more serious note, I hope the programming this year is improved and we don't have a section for patting content creators who lack a moral compass on the back.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding's Geoff Keighley? Radical!

Just kidding, Geoff's an amazing host, really looking forward to TGAs this year

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Half baked. It's between E3 and TGA and he is certainly keeping all the surprises for his december show

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
there was a shadow drop (Erica), some announcements (Kerbal Space Program 2, Humankind, Little Nightmares 2, Comanche) and a bunch of trailers/gameplay for already announced games (Modern Warfare, Need for Speed Heat, Magic: The Gathering Arena, Witcher 3 for Switch, Gears 5, DCL The Game, Predator Hunting Grounds, Monster Hunter World Iceborne, The Cycle, Life Is Strange 2, Borderlands 3, Everspace 2, FIFA 20, Disintegration, GYLT, Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, and Anno 1800).
Nice recap thanks!

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Next year is gonna be wild, and Gamescom will be right in the middle of the nextgen promotion.

Salsanta1373

Apr 6, 2019
The first of this part of this thread is literally the definition of Kojima "living rent free" in people's heads.

I am happy its Geoff and not some awkward celebrity tie-in.

Last edited:

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
Like I can't really see what he can do to fix the so-so feeling I've had about it, you know?

And I kinda, as I repeat, don't want Kyle dragged into this.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to Kojima. We hope you're ready for another year of Kojima. Here at Kojima, we love Kojima. Tonight, we'll have some special Kojimas for you. Onto the first Kojima.