entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I agree. people dunk on Thor pre-ragnarok but Thor 1 was the movie that gave us Loki

If Waititi wrote Thor 1's Loki, no way in hell would he become the fan favorite breakout character he became

And we have seen how it ends when you let Waititi be the sole writer of a moviešŸ˜­ Ragnarok was him doing a lot of changes but the screenplay was still credited to someone else.

Edit: I was wrong.
George Miller only has a limited time on this earth and him doing an MCU movie potentially as his last project would be a tragedy. Not even Sam Raimi and Edgar Wright got the creative control that would be necessary for George Miller to make a movie that is up to his standards.

I'd rather him do another Happy Feet or even Babe before a MCU project. Another 3000 Years of Longing passion project? Yes please.

We think Mad Max when we talk about George Miller + Thor but maybe he really just wants to make a Thor movie that has Happy Feet vibes lol

Last edited:

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024
He did not actually say that lol

To humor the idea, he'd obviously kill it. He has the sturm und drang that it takes to do a proper Thor adaptation that marries the mythos, the old and new comics, and the MCU. Plus his battles with the Marvel execs would be legendary. Honestly I think Marvel straight up wouldn't take him though, Justice League Mortal collapsed and the Mad Max movies are infamously troubled productions, he goes against their safe and risk-free style of moviemaking.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Anyone make a he already did joke yet?
Furiosa_Banner.0.jpeg

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
headline could read "George Miller says he would direct Grease reboot" with how little he actually said. all he said is he would work with Chris again lol

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
On one hand, it would be cool as I like Thor. On the other hand, I don't want George Miller to waste his time on a superhero film.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If this happens, it really would make Thor's journey the most interesting in the MCU.

Three completely different sets of solo films, with the tone changing drastically between all of them.

Though I'd like to see a potential Thor 5 go back to what made character work so well in Infinity War: retaining his overall attitude and comedic timing of Ragnarok but with a highlighted element of sadness.
Funnily I guess that would make the Thor films the closest things to how the comics work, cycling through totally different creative teams and varying tones. I'd be down for it.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
And we have seen how it ends when you let Waititi be the sole writer of a moviešŸ˜­ Ragnarok was him doing a lot of changes but the screenplay was still credited to someone else.
This is total nonsense lol

First off, Waititi wasn't the sole writer of Love & Thunder. It was co-written by Jennifer Kaytin Robinson.

Secondly, prior to Love & Thunder, we had no real reason to assume letting Taika Waititi write his own material was a bad idea. In fact, it was considered a very good idea as most the films he wrote before that (Hunt for the Wilderpeople, What We Do in the Shadows, Boy, Jojo Rabbit, Two Cars One Night) are all generally considered to be very good.

His first feature, Eagle vs Shark, being the only exception to this pre-Love & Thunder (and tbh, I still think that's a pretty good movie).

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This is total nonsense lol

First off, Waititi wasn't the sole writer of Love & Thunder. It was co-written by Jennifer Kaytin Robinson.

Secondly, prior to Love & Thunder, we had no real reason to assume letting Taika Waititi write his own material was a bad idea. In fact, it was considered a very good idea as most the films he wrote before that (Hunt for the Wilderpeople, What We Do in the Shadows, Boy, Jojo Rabbit, Two Cars One Night) are all generally considered to be very good.

His first feature, Eagle vs Shark, being the only exception to this pre-Love & Thunder (and tbh, I still think that's a pretty good movie).

Ah thanks for the correction. I must have remembered wrongly.

Chemo

Oct 28, 2017
Miller only has so much time left as a creator. I hope he does one more Mad Max movie instead of doing something like a Thor sequel. (I say this as a giant Marvel fan.)

Oct 25, 2017
Give him all the Money Disney, Wait Scratch that every Studio should give George Miller all the money to do whatever.