JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Krauser Kat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's the opposite way of of how they should be thinking. America's youth was happy to vote for Sanders, because he was talking about legalizing marijuana, Medicare for all and removing student debt. What are Biden's policies? Why should the youth of America listen to him? What is he offering them in exchange for their vote?
the youth straight up didn't vote for bernie and they liked him, and still didn't show in thenumbers he expected and needed to win.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
If this thread is any evidence, we desperately need more politics in videogames because the amount of opinion-sharing people with rock-bottom civic understanding is depressing.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
In the end the people here pushing the anti-Biden rhetoric think they are being coy. They think they can come across as "concerned" people on the left.

Nah, we see through it. It is barely masqueraded pro-Trump propaganda.
These next two months are going to be the personification of exhaustion.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 days): inflammatory generalizations
This thread is trash for the most part, can't believe how many centrists we have on here, imagine going through 4 years of this shit and still going "they are both just as bad" lmao
Gaming side sucks ass and makes me hate the gaming community even more than I already did.

Selfish assholes who just want to play games and shut themselves off from the real world and the real issues we face. I'm all for having a bit of escapism but this is a joke

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I hope to god that you're correct, but I'm not so optimistic.

when you add up the discrepancies between Biden and Clinton's percentages you find the 12% I was talking about earlier which has grown to over 13% in the poll you brought. If that's that's an aggregate, than the margin has widened since the RNC.
Couple of questions - do you live in the states and are you registered to vote?

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
For me and my fellow Americans, this election is a tangible way to actually oust Trump from office. No more complaining behind a computer screen in ideological echo chambers on the internet. Finally, four years after this nightmare began, we have an opportunity to actually end it.

There's no more direct way to stop Trump than to vote in support of the one person who has a chance at defeating him. And that person we need to support is Joe Biden.

Not voting for Biden is effectively voting for Trump. Every vote that is withheld from Biden, for whatever reason, helps Trump get closer to reelection. That is not an opinion - that is a fact of how a two-way election works.

And it is reckless to deny Biden your vote while assuming others will get rid of Trump for you. If you recognize Trump for what he is -- an existential threat to democracy and mankind -- then you know you can't sit this one out.

Vote, and for the love of this country, vote Biden.

Aug 10, 2019
Yeah I noticed the "cognitive" shit with Biden's which is false and what ever the fuck they were talking about losing the "African American" vote when literally Biden won because of Black people.
I mean, maybe it's the left news channels you're following that are making the race out to be much tighter than it actually is and not the other way around.
Man how did an Animal Crossing thread get derailed into Right Wing talking points and disinformation
This. People need to stop listening to right-wing talk & propaganda.
Ah yes, repeating right wing talking points. Thanks for making the decision to put you on ignore easy.
Congrats for falling for Russian election interference. Biden's mental decline was just officially confirmed to be a meme or attack from Russia aimed to hurt Biden. If you have watched ANY of Biden's numerous interviews or speeches you would know that he is still fully there but has gotten over a vocal stutter.
the youth straight up didn't vote for bernie and they liked him, and still didn't show in thenumbers he expected and needed to win.
Fell for it, hook line
In the end the people here pushing the anti-Biden rhetoric think they are being coy. They think they can come across as "concerned" people on the left.

Nah, we see through it. It is barely masqueraded pro-Trump propaganda.
These next two months are going to be the personification of exhaustion.
Than please help us end this night mare and stop parroting Russian propaganda.
I'm not parroting Russian propaganda, nor am I in any way shape or form Pro-Trump. I personally believe that if Trump is reelected that our democratic republic will fail into a dictatorship. Trump is already pushing the rhetoric for another term in 2024 and his supporters are blindly following it. And we all know that bald orange motherfucker will cheat in any way possible to win this election.

I said three things earlier in this thread that pissed a lot of people off and in their response they dismissed it, and me, as right wing/Russian propaganda.

1. That Biden is in cognitive decline - There's no way to prove this, I'll admit that, but its obvious if you watch his interviews from even as far back as 3 years ago. The man is getting older, but that doesn't mean he won't do a good job, but it is the reason why he shouldn't debate Trump. I've seen the ABC news report about Russians pushing that narrative and I 100% believe that they been spreading disinformation including Biden's Cognitive decline, however, that doesn't mean there's no truth to it.

2. That Biden isn't doing as well as Hillary was in the polls compared to this time of the year in 2016 by a margin of 12 points in swing states -

Pennsylvania 2016 - Clinton 6 point lead
Pennsylvania 2020 - Biden 4.7 point lead

Wisconsin 2016 - Clinton 5.3 point lead
Wisconsin 2020 - Biden 3.5 point lead

Michigan 2016 - Clinton 8.2 point lead
Michigan 2020 - Biden 2.3 point lead

Arizona 2016 - Clinton 2.5 point lead
Arizona 2020 - Biden 2.2 point lead

Florida 2016 - Clinton 2.7 point lead
Florida 2020 - Biden 3.7 point lead

North Carolina 2016 - Clinton 0.5 lead
North Carolina 2020 - Trump 1 point lead

Ohio 2016 - Clinton 3.8 point lead
Ohio 2020 - Biden 2.3 point lead

When you add up the difference between where Clinton was in 2016 to where Biden is in 2020 you get over 13 points. It was at 12 points a few weeks ago but apparently the difference has widened.

I realize that I didn't explain this well yesterday, but my information is not wrong. I used the word percentage instead of points and I initially didn't explain that I was referring to swing states. That doesn't change that Biden isn't polling with a larger lead than Clinton was, but the real question is how this will translate into the electoral college, because unless we beat the republicans by a huge margin, the invisible lines they draw to segregate votes to differing counties are mostly in the republicans favor. This has been a problem in the American electorate since Gore vs Bush.

3. That a large portion of the progressive, young and African American vote will not vote for Biden - Joe Biden has struggled with getting young people and progressives to vote but his campaign is unwilling to support what most of those people want from him. If Biden offered Medicare for all, a substantial wealth tax and federally legalizing Marijuana he would pick up most of the progressives and young people who stubbornly refuse to vote for him but were willing to vote for Sanders or Warren. There's was a segment on MSNBC from just a few days ago where a news anchor realized that a large portion of BLM protesters aren't voting for Biden because they don't feel that he represents them. This is unfortunate because if the DNC was willing to extend an olive branch in the form of one of the aforementioned issues such as Medicare for all, I'm sure they could secure their vote.

You people need to quit assuming that anything you hear that isn't 100% everything you believe in is wrong, and you definitely need to stop dismissing differing opinions. Division is not the way to heal our country, forgiveness and temperance are. Even if someone is wrong, listening to them and conversing with them is how you change their opinion, not by dismissing them and writing them off.

I'm actually voting for Joe Biden, because we need to remove Trump and put his criminal ass in jail; However I'm not as optimistic about Biden's chances and I won't blind myself to Biden's faults. If Biden wins and the Democrats sweep the legislative branch I have hope there could be quick and positive change within the country that will help us heal. But we're fucked if Trump wins 4 more years.

As the poster above me said
Vote, and for the love of this country, vote Biden.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is trash for the most part, can't believe how many centrists we have on here, imagine going through 4 years of this shit and still going "they are both just as bad" lmao
Gaming side sucks ass and makes me hate the gaming community even more than I already did.

Selfish assholes who just want to play games and shut themselves off from the real world and the real issues we face. I'm all for having a bit of escapism but this is a joke
A lot of the people in that group could be in for a very rude awakening if Trump wins.

Sep 12, 2018
User Banned (3 days): inflammatory generalizations
This thread is trash for the most part, can't believe how many centrists we have on here,
Funny, that's how I'd describe the people in this thread who are actually enthusiastic about a Biden/Harris ticket and don't realize that America is relegated to voting for the best of what are 2 catastrophically awful options. Like vote for the least awful (Biden) obviously, but I'd love to be hopeful about the direction of the country either way.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I did no such thing, this is the second day in a row in this thread where you've misrepresented what I said.
Hmmm

Funny, that's how I'd describe the people in this thread who are actually enthusiastic about a Biden/Harris ticket and don't realize that America is relegated to voting for the best of what are 2 catastrophically awful options. Like vote for the least awful (Biden) obviously, but I'd love to be hopeful about the direction of the country either way.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Support for Biden = wanting to vote for him over Trump, which I'd say yes should be the reasonable perspective. Long term enthusiasm about this ticket though? Hmmmm
How exactly would you describe "those people"? Just wondering? I don't see any issue for someone having enthusiam. Maybe you could explain that issue.

Sep 12, 2018
How exactly would you describe "those people"? Just wondering? I don't see any issue for someone having enthusiam. Maybe you could explain that issue.
Who are you referring to with "those people"? People voting for Biden over Trump? As I said in the very post you were quoting it's the obvious and reasonable choice.

I think to use your term of "rude awakening" I think people who think Biden getting into office will drastically improve America are in for one.

Hu3

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yep pretty much it's like the scope of things scape their cognition. It's sad to see.

A lot of the people in that group could be in for a very rude awakening if Trump wins.

You can say that louder, if trump wins this little fake safe heaven in their head can be destroyed in an instant.

Aug 10, 2019
Who are you referring to with "those people"? People voting for Biden over Trump? As I said in the very post you were quoting it's the obvious and reasonable choice.

I think to use your term of "rude awakening" I think people who think Biden getting into office will drastically improve America are in for one.
He'll fix things in response to covid, but it will take time.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

You said "those people that are enthusiastic about voting Biden". I don't see the issue there. Biden is going to introduce the best HC plan so far, which is comparable to M4A. He is going to tackle police reforms. He is going to expand medicaid, instead of dismantling it and SS/DI like what Trump plans on doing. He is going to. Not to mention save the country from what would become a second depression under Trump. He also will actually handle COVID like a sane person.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
You said "those people that are enthusiastic about voting Biden". I don't see the issue there. Biden is going to introduce the best HC plan so far, which is comparable to M4A. He is going to tackle police reforms. He is going to expand medicaid, instead of dismantling it and SS/DI like what Trump plans on doing. He is going to. Not to mention save the country from what would become a second depression under Trump. He also will actually handle COVID like a sane person.
Please stop spreading lies, Biden's health care policy is not comparable to M4A. I'm glad you are ready to run through a wall for Joe to defeat Trump, but this is not helpful, and will actively hurt his credibility.

Sep 12, 2018
Other than the last point and maybe the second last I wish I could believe you. He has shown his ass so much already when it comes to climate, healthcare, police and education that I'm not sure I buy any late turnarounds. I'm gonna hold you to this if he wins.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania 2016 - Clinton 6 point lead
Pennsylvania 2020 - Biden 4.7 point lead

Wisconsin 2016 - Clinton 5.3 point lead
Wisconsin 2020 - Biden 3.5 point lead

Michigan 2016 - Clinton 8.2 point lead
Michigan 2020 - Biden 2.3 point lead

Arizona 2016 - Clinton 2.5 point lead
Arizona 2020 - Biden 2.2 point lead

Florida 2016 - Clinton 2.7 point lead
Florida 2020 - Biden 3.7 point lead

North Carolina 2016 - Clinton 0.5 lead
North Carolina 2020 - Trump 1 point lead

Ohio 2016 - Clinton 3.8 point lead
Ohio 2020 - Biden 2.3 point lead

When you add up the difference between where Clinton was in 2016 to where Biden is in 2020 you get over 13 points. It was at 12 points a few weeks ago but apparently the difference has widened.

I realize that I didn't explain this well yesterday, but my information is not wrong. I used the word percentage instead of points and I initially didn't explain that I was referring to swing states. That doesn't change that Biden isn't polling with a larger lead than Clinton was, but the real question is how this will translate into the electoral college, because unless we beat the republicans by a huge margin, the invisible lines they draw to segregate votes to differing counties are mostly in the republicans favor. This has been a problem in the American electorate since Gore vs Bush.

okay, so i understand what you did now. you added up all of clinton's lead into a single number. then you subtracted biden's lead from that.

just for your peace of mind, and for future conversation, this is not a meaningful way of looking at the polling. i don't mean it as a way to discourage or insult you - it's just not good data to reference. if you are adding up all of clinton's leads in each individual state, she did not have a 24.7 point lead over trump. it's more useful to say that in swing states, she had an average lead of 3.5 lead in swing states over trump at this point in the race (24.7 percentage points / 7 states). and you can point out that her lead is 1 point higher over trump than biden's is now on average (17.7 percentage points / 7 states = 2.5%).

but that does not factor in how many undecideds there were in the race either. consider that, for the numbers clinton had, she was around 45%, leading trump when he was around 41.5%. biden is at 48% and leading trump who is around 45.5%. with 6.5% undecideds, it's a lot harder for trump to make up the gap. he'd have to get 80% or more of the remaining vote for him to overcome biden.

Oct 25, 2017
I completely agree with you and I was written of as a Russian propagandist yesterday for doing so. My advice is don't argue politics at dinner or on the internet.
Calling you out for spreading misinformation and ableist language isn't also calling you right wing, everyone, not only the right, are susceptible to the kind of misinformation.

The problem with your posts has and was only because of the language and rhetoric about Biden's cognitive ability. That's all.

May 9, 2018
1. That Biden is in cognitive decline - There's no way to prove this, I'll admit that, but its obvious if you watch his interviews from even as far back as 3 years ago. The man is getting older, but that doesn't mean he won't do a good job, but it is the reason why he shouldn't debate Trump. I've seen the ABC news report about Russians pushing that narrative and I 100% believe that they been spreading disinformation including Biden's Cognitive decline, however, that doesn't mean there's no truth to it.
You are not a trained psychologist.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017

I have no evidence, authority to speak on this matter and I'm parroting Russian/alt-right talking points but I'll drop my awful take anyway.

Aug 10, 2019
Calling you out for spreading misinformation and ableist language isn't also calling you right wing, everyone, not only the right, are susceptible to the kind of misinformation.

The problem with your posts has and was only because of the language and rhetoric about Biden's cognitive ability. That's all.
You are not a trained psychologist.
I have no evidence, authority to speak on this matter and I'm parroting Russian/alt-right talking points but I'll drop my awful take anyway.
You people are infected with the same blindness that permeates Trump's political base. What does the conservative think tank do when presented with information they don't like? They say "fake news" and dismiss it. This keeps them ignorant to the fact that Trump is robbing his own people blind, and it's blocking you three from understanding that Biden has slowed down. Am I saying that he has the cognitive function to barely understand the difference between an elephant and a giraffe? No, that's our current President. What I am saying is that Biden is becoming more and more gaffe prone and he's unable to express himself as well as he could 3 years ago. The man is allowed to be flawed people, he's only human. Claiming he has no problems when he has very apparent ones makes his flaws look even bigger and it makes him look weak. Accepting that he's in a cognitive decline but that he still has the will to repair the problems our country are currently facing makes him look strong.

Either way, the debates are happening starting Sep 29. Lets hope Biden does a great job and mops the floor orange.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You people are infected with the same blindness that permeates Trump's political base. What does the conservative think tank do when presented with information they don't like? They say "fake news" and dismiss it. This keeps them ignorant to the fact that Trump is robbing his own people blind, and it's blocking you three from understanding that Biden has slowed down. Am I saying that he has the cognitive function to barely understand the difference between an elephant and a giraffe? No, that's our current President. What I am saying is that Biden is becoming more and more gaffe prone and he's unable to express himself as well as he could 3 years ago. The man is allowed to be flawed people, he's only human. Claiming he has no problems when he has very apparent ones makes his flaws look even bigger and it makes him look weak. Accepting that he's in a cognitive decline but that he still has the will to repair the problems our country are currently facing makes him look strong.

Either way, the debates are happening starting Sep 29. Lets hope Biden does a great job and mops the floor orange.
Will you at least recognize that your rhetoric before was extreme and overall more harmful than good?