• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
You got your phone or tablet, in the perfect position, not to hot not to cold. Then bam your bladder betrays you and you seriously thinking if you can hold it, defy society and just let it go, or just go to the bathroom. Fuck this.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
Happens every night right after I slip under the covers, AFTER I've taken my last piss for the day. I'm thinking it must have something to do with my body getting horizontal. I'm used to it by now.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I always try to defy my bladder citing the fact that I checked before I got comfy....but it always wins. :(

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I think your bladder waking you up in the morning is even worse, especially when you combine with it with morning wood.

It's your day off, you can sleep later, no need to set an alarm. But then promptly at 7am your bladder and dick teem up to be like NAH.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
My supervillain origin is having a really small toilet bowl so I hit porcelain when I sit down.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All that + when my shy cat comes out of hiding and gets in my lap on the couch while I'm lounging, and now I have to piss.

Not only do I have to get up from my comfort, she probably won't wanna bother again when I return :(

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I bet there is a super villain that takes massive shits and has to routinely spend 45 minutes onclogging the toilet each time.

Nov 25, 2021
Alternate villain origin story: You're laying down in bed, almost drifting asleep, but then a thought pops into your head
"Did I leave the oven on"
You know, surely, you didn't. But now that you've had the thought, you have to check.

Ray Purchase

Banned
Feb 14, 2022
No, it's getting cosy in bed.

TV playing. Headphones in. Crisps delicately balanced. Beer poised.

"Alexa turn off lights"

And you forgot the smart bulb had to be replaced a few days earlier when it went kaput.

FFUUCCKK.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
For me it's waking at like 5am, bladder telling me I need to pee, battling the urge to go, eventually dragging myself to the bathroom and squeezing out a thimble full. Let me sleep, bladder!

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
why is your bladder going 0 to 100 like that

Agreed. Just how much sugary beverages is Slayven drinking these days?

As for me, I drink a ton of water throughout the day, and can go relieve myself in controlled intervals during normal day time hours. However, at the same time, I can also retain/hold water like a fucking camel in terms of never having to rush to relieve myself at odd times.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Your brain inhibits your pee reflex. When you're relaxed is the perfect time to attend to your needs.

Meditation might help? I'm sure someone knows. I'm sure there's been some research on this exact behavior.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
Better hope that melatonin kicks in at just the right time. If it hits you when the melatonin hits, you might miss out.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Your brain inhibits your pee reflex. When you're relaxed is the perfect time to attend to your needs.

Funny how that works. I once read that something similar happens when the need to pee is high and you're getting closer to your home. Your brain considers that a safe space (and humans like all other animals, are vulnerable when peeing/pooping). So the closer you get, the more your brain/body wants to get that going on.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
A good way to mitigate this is to drink copious amounts of liquor before bed to dehydrate your body.