GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
capsule_616x353.jpg

👩‍💻 Developer: Nixxes Software in collaboration with Sucker Punch Productions
📀 Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment
🎮 Platforms: PC (EGS, Green Man Gaming, Humble Store, PlayStation Direct [US], Steam, various other digital stores) [previously released on PlayStation 5]
🏷️ Price: $59.99/€59.99/£49.99 or your regional equivalent*
📅 Release date: May 16th, 2024

* Pricing on platforms/stores other than Steam may vary.

📖 About:
PSN account link incentive said:
Link your Steam account with your account for PlayStation™Network and gain access to the following early unlocks:

- Archery Master's Attire
- Charm of Canine Recruitment
Game information said:
In the late 13th century, the Mongol empire has laid waste to entire nations along their campaign to conquer the East. Tsushima Island is all that stands between mainland Japan and a massive Mongol invasion fleet led by the ruthless and cunning general, Khotun Khan.

As the island burns in the wake of the first wave of the Mongol assault, courageous samurai warrior Jin Sakai stands resolute. As one of the last surviving members of his clan, Jin is resolved to do whatever it takes, at any cost, to protect his people and reclaim his home. He must set aside the traditions that have shaped him as a warrior to forge a new path, the path of the Ghost, and wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Tsushima.

- Experience Ghost of Tsushima with unlocked framerates and a variety of graphics options tailored to a wide range of hardware, ranging from high-end PCs to portable PC gaming devices.*
- Get a view of even more of the action with support for Ultrawide (21:9), Super Ultrawide (32:9) and even 48:9 Triple Monitor support.*
- Boost performance with upscaling and frame generation technologies like NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 3 and Intel XeSS. NVIDIA Reflex and image quality-enhancing NVIDIA DLAA are also supported.**
- Japanese lip sync – enjoy a more authentic experience with lip sync for Japanese voiceover, made possible by cinematics being rendered in real time by your PC.
- Choose how you control the action: experience haptic feedback and adaptive triggers through a wired DualSense™ controller…***
- …or go with mouse and keyboard, with fully customizable controls.
- Haptic feedback – master your blade through the DualSense™ controller's immersive haptic feedback.***
- Adaptive triggers – enhance your accuracy with a bow using adaptive trigger resistance.***

* Compatible PC and display device required.
** Compatible PC and graphics card required.
*** Wired connection required to experience the full range of in-game controller features.

📷 Screenshots:

🎞️ Trailers:
Announcement/Features
Launch

✍️ Reviews:
Metacritic (88)
OpenCritic (87)

Last edited:

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
Fucking Sony I swear to god.
Do I need to contact steam support to change my store country? I tried to preload this but I can't even purchase it.

player23

Mar 12, 2022
This has been on my radar for so long, same with HFW and I haven't had time to play that yet! Or Returnal, Sackboy... It's never been this good for PC gaming, spoilt for choice

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Pre-order prices were a little high for me - might wait for a sale but definitely interested, especially after watching Shogun.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Assuming this port is good (which if Forbidden West is anything to go by it should) I'll probably play this again since I've never played the DLC.

zapo

Nov 9, 2020
preloaded on steam deck and ready to go, also preloaded on gaming pc if steam deck runs bad, excited as never played iki island.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
One of the blessed ones who's allowed to purchase this

Thank you Sony for this opportunity

Foolish

Jun 23, 2022
This game is amazing. For the people who will experience it for the first time, enjoy! You're in for a treat!

Very very very very important essential tip: If you have motion controls enabled, you can give the controller a jostle to have Jin shake blood off his sword. This makes you look VERY COOL. Hence the importance.

chocolate

Feb 28, 2018
Time to replay this again on my PC. Excellent game.

Might be random, but I'm looking forward to someone creating a mod where your horse isn't covered in mud after riding it for 10 seconds.

I absolutely hated that on console and have no idea why games keep doing this (like in RDR2)

Oct 27, 2017
I'm jumping in on this.

I've always looked at the visuals even on the PS5 version and thought they were very muddy and that they could be heavily improved by a res boost plus DLAA and perhaps better AF.

Also very interested to see if we can get some cool mods going.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Small nitpick but the official screenshots are of pretty bad quality imo, never understood how such things can get through.
Anyway I hope this game will find its public on PC, it's really good and well worth a try. It has a lot of charm.
GoT 2 is probably my most anticipated game at the moment.

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
I could've played this on PS4 and PS5 but I really wanted to play this in PC

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Would be cool if someone made a 4:3 mod for Kurosawa mode
I assume it will support 4:3, but the cool thing is that the other possible authentic option, namely 2.39:1 widescreen, which Kurosawa used for both Sanjuro and Yojimbo, is in there with the PC option. That's at least a bit more authentic than the 16:9 Kurosawa mode. 😅

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
So as someone living under a Sony shaped rock, how should I think of this game gameplay wise? Basically Sony's take on AssCreed, with Ubi towers and such?

Senjuro

Oct 10, 2019
Can you change difficulty mid game? if not, how bad of an idea is it to go with lethal mode for the first playthrough?

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
So as someone living under a Sony shaped rock, how should I think of this game gameplay wise? Basically Sony's take on AssCreed, with Ubi towers and such?
I don't really enjoy those games but I can definitely say this one has a way more immersive and believable world than any AssCreed I've played.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really enjoy those games but I can definitely say this one has a way more immersive and believable world than any AssCreed I've played.
That sounds nice. The world feeling a bit flat is one of my bigger gripes with the Ubi games, not helped by the very weak framing devices and current time story bits they insist on including.

kris_ffc

Jun 3, 2020
Going to jump in on pay day. Got the plat on PS4+5, but never got around to the DLC. Can't wait!

Deleted member 20986

Oct 28, 2017

Compared to asscreed? In terms of combat system, it's insulting to even mention them in the same sentence. It's more like a samurai version of sleeping dogs, ie a surprisingly deep and engaging combat system for a GTA style game, where GTA's itself is clumsy and barely functional.

In terms of open world, not really checklist driven, iirc. More like choose your sidequest threads. Mainly.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I already played this game on PlayStation and absolutely loved it but now's a good chance to replay it in Japanese.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Digital Foundry's video on PS ports usually published a day before release right? So it should be released later today?

Can't wait to watch it, even though I have no plan to replay the game since I've already finished it on my PS4. Hopeful for a great port from Nixxes.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Have fun those who can buy it. I hope that Sony will come to their senses soon enough so I can join you :D

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
F I N A L L Y
I
N
A
L
L
Y

I've been waiting to play the game since it came out on PS4 but decided to wait for a PC version AND IT'S FINALLY HERE LET'S GOOOOOOOO!

Bakuryu

Oct 29, 2017
I really hope there are FOV and/or camera distance settings. Also, I wonder how they'll map the touchpad swipes to the Xbox controller layout.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Can you change difficulty mid game? if not, how bad of an idea is it to go with lethal mode for the first playthrough?
Hardest thing about going in on Lethal mode is just learning the stances and what they are effective for. It's pretty unique from the other difficulties where it kinda changes the way you play due to how fast you and everyone else dies. I'd personally recommend going in on normal and then change to lethal after you have a good feel for the combat, but I guess it doesn't matter too much as you aren't locked in.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Got the platinum on PS5 a few months ago and adored the experience.

It feels very familiar to Assassins Creed but an evolution to the formula that Ubi never quite managed to produce. A far more engaging and striking open world that has a true sense of verticality and uneven terrain. A stronger desire to guide you through its quest without HUD tools and UI bloat. Upgrades that feel consequential to your development and power as a protagonist. Sidequests and NPC's that both connect to the adventure more strongly but also feel consequential to the world and have their own engaging drama.

It does suffer from bloat and repetitiveness though. It isn't a crowded map like AC, but it can feel similar with all the forts and checklist stuff that is in(optional, but meaningful rewards mostly). I recommend the highest difficulty as it's still easy to just overpower everything especially with certain gear and upgrades, but the duels can be satisfying and thrilling to learn and overcome at that difficulty.

It is a long game(including DLC), but has a strong throughline. Enjoy PC newcomers!

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
asked it in the other thread already:

How is the combat in this game?
Combat to me is the most important thing in such games. Otherwise I get bored/annoyed pretty quickly.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
I really hope there are FOV and/or camera distance settings. Also, I wonder how they'll map the touchpad swipes to the Xbox controller layout.

same. one thing I always found weird from all the gameplays was that the camera was so close to the character.
in the gameplay I just watched recently it also made combat a bit clunky when the camera was so close that you had problems seeing all the enemies.