• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Finally. I waited long enough that I don't need to get a PS to have a PS experience. Looking forward to the outrage thread about PS hardware devaluation.

Good on Sony for taking steps in the right direction. Now if we could just kill time locked exclusive 3rd party games.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So it's not the same list, it's a whole new list for the PC version?

Just....just merge them. Please Sony.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely I will upgrade my GPU next generation instead of a new console lol Trophies support is huge but also the new UI overlay, looks clean.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
wonder if we will be able to see pc trophies on our ps5 profile on the system/if they will be labeled pc

Det

Jul 30, 2020
I think the asterisk at the bottom says you'll just unlock them on the PC list? 🤔

Oh you mean if cross-progression flows from PC to PS4/5 for trophy unlock. No idea but can't see why not if it already goes the other way.

*Users who connect their existing account for PlayStation Network and unlocked trophies on Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut using the same account on PS5 will have the same Trophies unlocked on the PC version.

reksveks

May 17, 2022
I think the asterisk at the bottom says you'll just unlock them on the PC list? 🤔

*Users who connect their existing account for PlayStation Network and unlocked trophies on Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut using the same account on PS5 will have the same Trophies unlocked on the PC version.

So yeah, sounds like 2 (maybe 3, i can't remember if the DC is on PS4 and if so, whether it is syncing trophies to the PS4 sku) lists really. How it syncs achievements between lists is unknown. Is it just PS5 -> PC? Is it PC -> PS5?

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
Can you play Legends without the psn account? Or it is just for crossplay?

EDIT: I guess this answers my question:

The use of PlayStation overlay is optional for both the single player experience and Legends mode.

Last edited:

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
This is great, but I am afraid this will be limited to PlayStation PC releases. Would really love to also have that in 3rd Party games that have a PlayStation version.
What do those titles have to do with playstation on PC? That wouldn't make any sense. That's like asking for Steam Achievements on every game on consoles that's also on Steam.

Stibbs

Feb 8, 2023
The 518
Getting a big "prepping for a launcher or expanded PC presence" vibe with this UI, lets just hope we can link Steam with PSN or something

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Also Sony should expand supported countries now that they are on PC. People making new accounts will still need to make fake ones if their country is not supported.

foothwith

Mar 29, 2024
I hope this doesn't mean they're making a Playstation Launcher for pc. I couldn't handle having to install another launcher.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
So do I need to use the overlay/log in to PSN if I want to play online? That's moving into dangerous territory here, I don't like it. I hope it's optional.

Edit: Oh, it's optional. Cool.

JiyuuTenshi

Oct 28, 2017
Can we get this patched into already released PS PC games as well? Also, please integrate this with PS cloud saves for cross-progression.

Also, assuming that the PS trophies and Steam achievements have identical unlock conditions and the player has both enabled, do we get two popups simultaneously for both now?

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Another sign of the future

I only wish our trophies would retroactively (idk if im using this word correctly) unlock the achievements steam, and vice versa.

PapaJustify

Nov 3, 2017
Germany
What do those titles have to do with playstation on PC? That wouldn't make any sense. That's like asking for Steam Achievements on every game on consoles that's also on Steam.

They don't have anything to do with PlayStation particularly, but I care for my trophy collection the most, and since the Trophies/Achievements, or whatever you may call them, are always the same anyways, I dream of a future where we can unlock Trophies/Achievements on the service of our choice.

MANTRA

Feb 21, 2024
I don't think this is a sign of an upcoming PC launcher otherwise they would have just held off on adding the overlay until the launcher was released. That's just how I see it anyway.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Thats quite the hardware requirement compared how the game runs flawless native 4k@60 on a PS5.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Genuinely don't mind a launcher as long as they keep releasing on Steam at the same time; would be nice to have PS+ integration on PC. Just follow the Xbox PC model and I'm completely fine.
This.

Mandatory launcher however? Fuck no. I'd stop buying the games, just like I stopped buying EA and Ubisoft games.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this means they will make their own launcher. It would be great to get some of the games I've purchased for free on PC.

Kinguss

Mar 29, 2024
Is it weird that i think these requirements are generally quite high when looking at what the PS4 was and how well GoT ran and looke on it? :/
Yup
They're very similar to Horizon forbidden west's system requirment

sQfiw9fBdD0nVGSH.jpg

GLXbIQDWkAEE4qC

Which is kinda weird considering one is a much older PS4 game while other is a newer cross-gen game

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Genuinely don't mind a launcher as long as they keep releasing on Steam at the same time; would be nice to have PS+ integration on PC. Just follow the Xbox PC model and I'm completely fine.

Nah, the fewer Playstation ecosystem features the better. These companies - Sony and others - that come to PC aren't interested in the format long term and so the less reliant their games are on features, overlays or sign-ins in their ecosystems, the better in the long term.

I have no doubt it's coming though :(

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Not a console gamer so I personally don't care about PS trophies, on PC having Steam achievements is enough for me, but this is a super nice thing to happen for people deeply involved in the PS ecosystem who also play on PC.

I just hope the overlay is optional, I don't like having redundant ones running while I play.

The article specifies that the overlay is optional.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I already have an RTX 3070 so I can run this on high but I'm STILL gonna upgrade right before release to ensure I'm running this at 120fps 1440p BEAUTIFULLY

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that i think these requirements are generally quite high when looking at what the PS4 was and how well GoT ran and looke on it? :/
I was thinking the same thing. The requirements are similar to Horizon Forbidden West but the technology in GoT isn't anywhere close to that...

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
My prediction out of my ass is that Sony will launch their own store front/launcher on PC by the end of 2025.
IMO they will keep releasing on Steam, but will release titles on their own store earlier.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
They don't have anything to do with PlayStation particularly, but I care for my trophy collection the most, and since the Trophies/Achievements, or whatever you may call them, are always the same anyways, I dream of a future where we can unlock Trophies/Achievements on the service of our choice.
This will only work if Sony has their own storefront on PC with third party games, like Microsoft.