• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
Will wait til I beat Hellblade 2 to get this, but glad FSR3 is in from the start! Hopefully it's a good port.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people cheering overlays in PC releases? Lol 95% of people are going to turn them off. The other 5% will keep them on because they don't know how to.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Love the trophy support. Hope some third parties can use it too!

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I totally missed that they announced this for PC, even though this was the PS title I was most looking forward to.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
while the resolution option sees pixel counts bumped to full 2160p checkerboard, for added clarity. Dynamic resolution scaling can't be ruled out, but everything we've seen and tested so far does indicate a fixed resolution.
i mean, doesnt that mean basically native

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
These seem a bit high. PS5 runs Ghost at 4k checkerboard @ 60fps locked, so it roughly aligns with the High column here.

They seem ridiculously high. PS5 is equivalent to a 2070. Even high spec seems high, why should a 30xx series be needed?

Is this a poor port or did they add some graphics features?

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've been waiting for this news regarding trophies on PC because I want to continue collecting them without a ps system. Hopefully all games that are on both platforms can have their trophies activated when this launches.

Megustaelmate

Sep 4, 2022
Nixxes was a godsend to sony and their pc efforts. Good shit. Ive. Ought every single sony title day 1 for PC and will keep doing it. I am convinced demons souls is next

May 25, 2019
London
Any idea if this will sync save and trophy progress from the PS4 version? I'd be more inclined to double dip and play the DLC if my trophy progress and save progress carries over

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I fear you are right, Sony needs their growth from somewhere.

Right pain in the behind if they added another store on PC.

I doubt it, it's not like Sony games are doing exceptionally well even on Steam, it would pretty much mean the end of them. Sony is not big enough to get away with their own storefront.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, looks like my setup will handle Very High with ease. Happy to see DLAA + FG there day one as well.

I do want to give the mod scene some time to mature. I need that high stakes, low TTK, authentic Samurai feel throughout, including boss fights. Lethal Mode does that early on, and it's tremendous, but Jin still gets too tank-y for regular enemies which sucks the fun out of open world encounters for me. Female Jin mod too, please.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
To new players...if you have 4 buds willing to go through the Legends Raid. I highly recommend doing it. It's pretty special.

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
I doubt they'll do that. They know Steam is untouchable.

this is like saying why sony has to bring games day one on playstation plus is gamepass does it with first party games? why sony has to bring games on epic store if the bigger install base is on steam? why sony has to bring trophies to pc if steam already has achievements and same with epic store? that mentality doesnt exist in big corporations like sony/microsoft and maybe nintendo...

sony launching a PC launcher doesnt mean they want to be the new steam or be number one, means competition... means more revenue, expansion to other platforms etc.. a PC launcher would be amazing if done well of course, and sony is a platform holder with a 45+ million subscriber, they can easily make a pc launcher with their first party games (dont know if day one or delayed) and ps plus games monthly there as well, with trophy support etc.. thats a big advantage, time will tell but i think a pc launcher from playstation is coming some day

going to the topic of the OP, AMAZING to see PC trophies support in PC games finally!!! a step in the good direction, sony needs to keep expanding beyond the walls of the console hardware, I hope to see nintendo doing the same in the future

viral

Oct 25, 2017
They can still release on both. I'm sure Playstation can think of incentives for someone to use the PS launcher over Steam, such as cross buy.

Nobody is going to care about crossbuy if they continue to release ports 4 years late. Day to day, sure. But with their current output, nobody's going to buy their ports outside of Steam.

Oct 25, 2017
If they do end up releasing their own launcher, it'll be interesting to see if they've actually learned what went wrong with all the ones that have come previously.

Any idea if this will sync save and trophy progress from the PS4 version? I'd be more inclined to double dip and play the DLC if my trophy progress and save progress carries over

The footnote on carrying over trophies only says PS5. Not impossible they left off PS4 by accident, but for now I would assume it's accurate. There's no mention of saves carrying over.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Didn't Forbidden West just come out on PC? Wonder why they chose Ghosts and not Forbidden to implement this stuff? I assume this is to test out the features and support and then retroactively add this stuff.

Awesome to see none the less.

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
I doubt it, it's not like Sony games are doing exceptionally well even on Steam, it would pretty much mean the end of them. Sony is not big enough to get away with their own storefront.
bruh, sony is a platform holder... they are big enough, a pc launcher being done well, could be huge for sony, not huge to surpass steam of course, success doesnt mean being number 1, a store from sony playstation on pc with all their first party games, their sub service ps plus, and making offers to third party publishers to publish their games on that storefront like epic store does would be a success for sony, but this is only my opinion, nobody knows what sony is thinking internally, maybe they will never launch a store but if they do, i think they have the ingredients to have success and it depends on how they do it

Apr 9, 2018
We were so close with Portal 2 on PS3.
Came to post this, we did have it!
iu

IonMagus

Feb 18, 2021
They still want to sell consoles, so unlikely.

They know PS5 sales will dipp hard anyway (basically said so in their last financial call). SIE has a massive Profit problem and the current "CEO" knows this and also knows the only way ro increase this is Day1 launches on other Platforms for all their Games

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
If they're really serious about GAAS, their own launcher is only a matter of time. Whether it means single player games day 1 on PC remains to be seen.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Huh trophy support and a PS overlay? That's interesting. I wonder if they'll backport it to their other games?

PC launcher/app soon
This 100% feels like step closer to PlayStation launching its own steam client, and that is 100% a very good idea.

Complete waste of money, time, and resources. Nobody is going to use it.

The most they should do is a companion app (like Xbox used to have), but I hope they don't have some grand plan of pulling their games of Steam (and GoG) to make them launcher exclusive.

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
They know PS5 sales will dipp hard anyway (basically said so in their last financial call). SIE has a massive Profit problem and the current "CEO" knows this and also knows the only way ro increase this is Day1 launches on other Platforms for all their Games

I still have my doubts about day one on pc for single player games, but for GaaS games of course day one on PC, and maybe even on Xbox some day in the future, but if you ask me, yes, they SHOULD do single player games day one on PC, but they will? thats my question.. what I think they will do is PC releases more frecuently and faster (maybe 1 year delay for single player games), more ports to pc of old titles (like until dawn by example), more mobile expansion, and I think sony will do some day a PC storefront, that would be a great revenue stream for them

Nixxes is in the top 3 or 2 of the best acquisitions playstation has done ever, those ports are essentially free money for them, but nixxes i think in an interview they confirmed they always start a port a year before launch, so I think sony will need more support studios to launch their games on PC quickier, unless they want nixxes to do like 3 ports at the same time every year and sony has a big cataloge of old games since PS4 to port. I think sony will acquire 1 or 2 support PC studios to accomplish this need of more revenue from PC

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
At this point, I can see them releasing PCVR support for PSVR2, the launcher, and GT7 by next year.

I'm really hyped to play through GoT again next month. Haven't had the chance to play through the Iki expansion or try the multiplayer mode.

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
Huh trophy support and a PS overlay? That's interesting. I wonder if they'll backport it to their other games?

Complete waste of money, time, and resources. Nobody is going to use it.

The most they should do is a companion app (like Xbox used to have), but I hope they don't have some grand plan of pulling their games of Steam (and GoG) to make them launcher exclusive.

xbox has their own launcher with gamepass PC, that doesnt mean xbox isnt launching their games on steam, playstation could do the exact same thing with Ps plus and a storefront at the same time with their exclusive game as well, the matter here is how they do it and how good they do it, it isnt a waste of money, because everyone knows steam cant be surpassed, steam will always be the way to go in PC, but that doesnt mean somebody else can launch a "launcher" and have their own success according to their own expectations, time will tell what sony will do but they are taking steps in the correct direction with this PC expansion