• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes the grass, but more so the bushes don't react and it looked weird in one scene in the stream. I noticed it while just enjoying the footage. It's no big deal, just stood out a bit.

In a few more days we can say for sure.
Since we are talking about weird stuff we noticed in the State of Play:
The look and physics of the horse tail kinda bothered me in the State of play. It looked and behaved like wet, floppy rags dangling from the horse's butt and there is also a lot of clipping of the different strands going on. Watching the leaked gameplay they seem to have fixed that. It doesn't look like a bunch of floppy rags anymore and it moves much more smoothly. So at least one improvement. :)

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

streamable.com

GoT p5

Watch "GoT p5" on Streamable.
streamable.com

GoT p6

Watch "GoT p6" on Streamable.
streamable.com

GoT p7

Watch "GoT p7" on Streamable.

Gotta say I wasn't expecting this many RPG style a/b camera cutscenes.

hey it's that dog

Apparently I was on the mark when I guessed that the "thrown" animation can be triggered in other situations.
OCsai7G.gif

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
resolution will target 4k (may not hit it, may require reconstruction) and 30fps
performance will likely aim for 60fps at a lower resolution. Often just means unlocked though and often won't hit a solid 60fps

I wonder what will happen on PS5.
- resolution may go slightly higher towards native 4k but they may have a fixed lower resolution that won't change. 30fps lock also likely won't change. On PS5 may be identical to PS4 pro

- performance - again possible the lower resolution stays the same if it was hard coded. But the unlocked framerate should hit a nice 60fps (maybe even higher for VRR displays but that may be a stretch without specific support)

I hope they will recompile the game for ps5 offer only 4k + 60fps .

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
I hope so too - for this and TLOU2. Spiderman probably not as Miles is coming (I hope they let you play the original version too, that'd be fun)
If they don't patch GOW I will be mad! I can see Insomniacs not patching Spiderman because the resolution is already dynamic, it will just always run at the highest res possible. Days Gone, Ghost, Tlou2, uncharted, horizon all deserved a patch or just simple recompile the game to run on ps5 natively and unlock the frame rate and resolution.

Jun 17, 2018
Hmm bit surprised its not as realistic as i thought.
The jumping/dodging, the way the player is thrown around.
Not what i initially expected.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
this Game totally went over my head.
and it has such a huge Hype.

can you give me the reasons, you are so excited about it?

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say I wasn't expecting this many RPG style a/b camera cutscenes.

hey it's that dog

Apparently I was on the mark when I guessed that the "thrown" animation can be triggered in other situations.
OCsai7G.gif
I saw that, I was going to say you were right. I'll never back down on the bear implementation being bad, though!

edit: i actually saw it in the context of a larger enemy I think, so that makes 3 instances so far

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think the reviews would have to be really positive to reignite my interest in this.

Either way, based on Sucker Punch's history and the Assassin's Creed inspiration in the design, I'm not to worried about missing this. I just know in a year or so there'll be a badass expansion where you're fighting mythical creatures and wielding the elements.
Watching isn't playing.

Fuck, it must be devastating to the developers to be reading boards like this knowing that they've potentially lost thousands of sales due to an asshole leaking the game.

If people like you (reasonable, well-measured, articulate) won't even try the game based on the leaked footage (which is potato-cam played on Easy with seemingly button mashing one attack button + stance), then what about your average joe game enthusiast who won't think so deeply?

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Watching isn't playing.

Fuck, it must be devastating to the developers to be reading boards like this knowing that they've potentially lost thousands of sales due to an asshole leaking the game.

If people like you (reasonable, well-measured, articulate) won't even try the game based on the leaked footage (which is potato-cam played on Easy with seemingly button mashing one attack button + stance), then what about your average joe game enthusiast who won't think so deeply?

Its a good thing those last 2 short clips of combat from Sucker Punch look better than the button masher playing on Easy lol

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think Link ragdolling looked fine animation wise. It led to some frustrating deaths though. Lol.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
this Game totally went over my head.
and it has such a huge Hype.

can you give me the reasons, you are so excited about it?
The game appears to be a very sincere and passionate submission to the overall samurai genre. It is a work of fiction, but is based on a period of time that is understudied and underdepicted when the Mongols first invaded Japan. The game cites inspiration from both Red Dead Redemption 2 and Breath of the Wild and seeks to create a sprawling, immersive, discovery-driven environment against the backdrop of wartorn Japan.

The game seeks to be very cinematic and features a beautiful, colorful, and striking art direction in addition to a specifically created "Kurosawa Mode", which seeks to replicate the aesthetic of hallmark samurai cinema. A lot of thought and creativity went in to the feeling this game should have. It looks like it will probably be something totally unique and not much like other swords and samurai games you may have played in the past.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
TLOU2 isn't an open world and has one of the most well funded animation teams in the industry. People really need to stop using it as a point of reference for animation quality when it's such an exception to the rule.

I didn't see the footage because i want to play this game as fresh as possible but I really think we need and should to use TLou2 as a point of reference for animation quality, and even by facial animations to...
this are huge studios with AAA investment, sucker punch even a Sony studio like naughty dog.
Other big studios need to start to focus in animation and facial animation quality without Sacrifice gameplay fluidity, and naughty dog is of course the studio to be followed in this regard.
All this studios do interviews telling us how important is to be immersed in their worlds, how their games are epic and so on, but seriously, in 2020, be immersed in a game and start to really care about their respective characters is really difficult when they move and act like robot or mannequins.
naughty dog, with a super old console prove that is possible to have believable and realistic characters without sacrifice gameplay, actually, it inclusive improved the gameplay.
So, I really think others developers has to achieve this, specially with next generation hardware.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The game appears to be a very sincere and passionate submission to the overall samurai genre. It is a work of fiction, but is based on a period of time that is understudied and underdepicted when the Mongols first invaded Japan. The game cites inspiration from both Red Dead Redemption 2 and Breath of the Wild and seeks to create a sprawling, immersive, discovery-driven environment against the backdrop of wartorn Japan.

The game seeks to be very cinematic and features a beautiful, colorful, and striking art direction in addition to a specifically created "Kurosawa Mode", which seeks to replicate the aesthetic of hallmark samurai cinema. A lot of thought and creativity went in to the feeling this game should have. It looks like it will probably be something totally unique and not much like other swords and samurai games you may have played in the past.
Yap, but this one is open world and there is no fantasy in it.
thanks you both :)
sounds awesome.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Watching isn't playing.

You're right that I shouldn't let this footage inform my opinion. As much as it could be it is a poor demonstration of the game.

The reviews will probably overwrite the impression from the leaked gameplay anyway.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't see the footage because i want to play this game as fresh as possible but I really think we need and should to use TLou2 as a point of reference for animation quality, and even by facial animations to...
this are huge studios with AAA investment, sucker punch even a Sony studio like naughty dog.
Other big studios need to start to focus in animation and facial animation quality without Sacrifice gameplay fluidity, and naughty dog is of course the studio to be followed in this regard.
All this studios do interviews telling us how important is to be immersed in their worlds, how their games are epic and so on, but seriously, in 2020, be immersed in a game and start to really care about their respective characters is really difficult when they move and act like robot or mannequins.
naughty dog, with a super old console prove that is possible to have believable and realistic characters without sacrifice gameplay, actually, it inclusive improved the gameplay.
So, I really think others developers has to achieve this, specially with next generation hardware.
when ND makes an open world game then we can compare it , why tlou 2 dont look as good as detroit become human characters and especially faces?? You know the answer right

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Watching isn't playing.

I know what you mean. Some of these posts have me seriously wondering if these people are even genuinely trolling.