Deleted member 20986

Oct 28, 2017
That's insane. You can do 4 person multiplayer with that big complicated moveset?

Also I first thought the scary face armor with the huge long horns and long tongue sticking out was one of the player characters. Like, who's the real demon here?

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
imagine how good it'll look when 4 players do heavenly strike from 4 different angles at the same time on an opponent 👀😎

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I think the best part of this is the fact they are using multiplayer as a way to do the supernatural elements that some folks wanted. I like the singleplayer being grounded and them using the co-op/multiplayer as a fun side experiement. Who knows maybe this leads to a sucker punch blood festival esque DLC down the line.

I just can't believe this exists period. I wasn't expecting multiplayer DLC at all and that trailer was like oh fuck yes, give it to me.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I think the best part of this is the fact they are using multiplayer as a way to do the supernatural elements that some folks wanted. I like the singleplayer being grounded and them using the co-op/multiplayer as a fun side experiement. Who knows maybe this leads to a sucker punch blood festival esque DLC down the line.

I just can't believe this exists period. I wasn't expecting multiplayer DLC at all and that trailer was like oh fuck yes, give it to me.
Right? Multiplayer DLC for a complete open world single player game is just about the last thing I'd ever have expected (outside of Rockstar games)

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
That's insane. You can do 4 person multiplayer with that big complicated moveset?

Also I first thought the scary face armor with the huge long horns and long tongue sticking out was one of the player characters. Like, who's the real demon here?
imagine how good it'll look when 4 players do heavenly strike from 4 different angles at the same time on an opponent 👀😎

I'm guessing each class have different move set and can't do all Jin's skills.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I'm guessing each class have different move set and can't do all Jin's skills.
yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if they all have a base set of abilities, but each legendary person has specialties

i wonder if you have to be one of the set four, or if you can have four of the same person

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
I'm wondering how the load times will be. SP is amazing but I'm assuming server load times will make it slower but I'm only assuming because of how shitty GTA and Red Dead runs.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I'm wondering how the load times will be. SP is amazing but I'm assuming server load times will make it slower but I'm only assuming because of how shitty GTA and Red Dead runs.

It's not something I'm worried about. Ghost of Tsushima itself is one of the fastest loading open world games this gen, and while that doesn't necessarily translate to multiplayer servers loading there's no reason to expect it will be worse than the average co-op game.

Ivanovic

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If this was a standalone thing I'd completely get it! But it's coming out 3-4 months after it launched. So I'd say it did. I understand why they did it, and why devs do stuff like this. It's all GAAS and limiting crunch. It makes sense, I'm just saying I'd rather have everything launch at once. Same goes with TLOU Factions. I wanted it to launch with the main game and was sad when it didn't. But...when it DOES come out it's going to drive sales for the PS5 version. Same goes for this.

Very pessimistic and corporate look at it, but that's how I see it.
Iwantitnow.gif

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like a solo mode of this DLC, too. Like a horde mode with those supernatural beasts.

Anyway, cool announcement.

Contranova

Oct 26, 2017
NYC
I am assuming (and hoping) you can buy additional costumes for Legends. And if so, this is how you implement micro-transactions without it being annoying. SP gave us so much content in the base game that I would gladly pay for any additional aesthetics.

That was very smart for them to just release the game completely, gain those accolades and release this without any precursors. It doesn't feel greedy at all.

giphy.gif

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Very, very true. I've always wondered why more developers don't release games over the summer, and I do believe Sony was able to pull off something extraordinary by releasing TLOU2 and GoT so close together AND in the summer. I don't remember another time Sony's ever done this with any of their first party games...

I've always had this theory, for decades now, that publishers are absolutely convinced of two things: 1) That people don't buy video games during the summer, and 2), The vast number of people playing video games are young, and therefore only expect to get games during holiday season, so they plan releases around holiday bumps, and not as a year round industry where the vast majority of gamers are over 18 adults that, yes, even during the summer, have money to burn on video games. It's this "summer vacation" mentality. That obviously, since it's summer, people aren't spending time indoors playing video games. As a child of the 80's, there was a time where, yeah, that was true. Gaming wasn't nearly as gigantic of an industry as it was then, and the vast majority of my peers were waiting for birthdays and holidays to get the vast majority of the games released back then. But as that generation got older (I'm 41 now), and started to have their own autonomy and disposable income, we were able to buy games at our "leisure" so to speak. Unfortunately, we're stuck with a release model that shoehorns the vast majority of game releases to the first 3 months, and the last 3 months of the year, leaving 6 months of untapped potential, and, well, if there are no games to buy during those 6 months of drought, I'm just gonna spend my money on other shit, then the industry takes that as some kind of indictor that the 6 months in between the game blitz of 1st and 4th quarter aren't viable windows to release titles. It's like some weird gaming self-fulfilling prophecy.

Generally, I end up skipping sooooo many games during the fall and holiday season, because there are so many games that I'm excited for, I can't afford to get all of the ones I'd love to get, because they all come out around the same time frame. So, unfortunately, it becomes a game of, "well, which one do I really want to play right now," instead of being able to support the games I want to support with my money, because there are 10 games at $60 a pop releasing at the same damn time. Then publishers scratch their heads when their epic, high profile title, doesn't meet sales projections. :/

The driest period for me, and usually the period in which I have the most money to blow on games, is from April - August. I know I'd buy more games on release day if they released during those months. By the time November/December rolls around, I'm not really buying things for myself, but instead buying gifts for family, friends, etc. And no, most of those gifts aren't video games.

I think this narrow view of the buying habits of gamers isn't doing the industry any favors. What I tend to find myself doing, is supporting the games that I'm excited about that maybe don't do the gangbuster numbers that, say, an Uncharted, or Assassin's Creed do. Like, I bought Yakuza 6 when it released, because I know, historically, the Yakuza series in the west isn't exactly blowing up sales charts (but still does well). I didn't get Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyssey until quite a while after their release, because, honestly, those games sell gangbusters, whereas a series like Yakuza underperforming is taken as an indicator of a lack of interest in those series.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I wonder what the visual customization items are gonna look like. Like can we choose just from stuff we unlocked and use different color palettes? And I'm excited to see how the different "classes" benefit and assist one another. I want some Zatoichi moves lol.

Mar 19, 2020
Still havent completed the single player due to life getting in the way but this is so great. One of the biggest surprises of the year keeps giving. Sucker punch has finally made a game that I love.