JSR_Cube

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it last night. I will platinum later. It was a great game. It's SP's best for sure and I have liked all of their Infamous releases.

I've lost all credibility for Edge and their "6" rating.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Finished it last night. I will platinum later. It was a great game. It's SP's best for sure and I have liked all of their Infamous releases.

I can easily see people giving ghosts 6. The credibility of an outlet is when they give score they think it deserves and then explain why in the actual review. That's how 99.9% of outlets operate. Edge is one of em, their review and score is as justified as other persons 8s and 9s

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017

Errrm... Opinions, how do they work ay?

I'm somewhat enjoying my time with the game. It's good, not great. A 7/10 is what I'd personally score it.

I can easily see someone not grabbed by the setting scoring the game lower.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Guys i m loving the mythic tales . I just wish for sequal they give you a tea in these quests so u see demons and fight Japanese mythical demons and blame it on the tea to not break the relaastic world immersion .

Anyone else would like to see 7 8 mythical demon bosses added ?

Mr. Sam

Oct 26, 2017
I think Edge's assessment that Ghost could have been released six years ago as an Assassin's Creed game and nobody would have really blinked is both bang on and a big reason why I enjoy the game.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I finished the game a few days ago and overall I think it was a great game. I had fun with the combat, the story was good and the world had a lot of great variety. Definitely SP's best work.

However, I just don't see it as a masterpiece like I've been seeing some of my friends say it is. And this is mainly because I played it right after TLoU2, but it just doesn't feel as polished and some of the side stuff overstayed its welcome. And Jin is a good protagonists but I wish they went deeper with the themes and his own inner struggle.

And I don't think it has a chance at winning GoTY especially considering the scores it got. Still, it was a cool experience and definitely worth your time if you have a PS4

OneSneakyBob

Nov 19, 2019
Finished the main story and got the platinum simultaneously not too long ago.

It's neither my favorite Sucker Punch title or open world game but it's pretty good overall. Definitely needed more interesting side quests and mission objective variety, but the foundation is solid with it's mechanics and world design.

Not sure if I want a direct story sequel or something standalone, but either way, I think building off what's here would create something grand. SP should definitely take more inspiration from their own Sly games, as there's elements from them that could really enhance the formula of Ghost.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know what to expect from the second act/area but it's so organically beautiful and didn't think it could be so different from the first area. There were parts I played earlier in the rain that could have been from Seven Samurai.

I wasn't immediately pleased with the
farmsteads being taken over in the previous area but I guess it gives you more to do down there. Eh.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I didn't know what to expect from the second act/area but it's so organically beautiful and didn't think it could be so different from the first area. There were parts I played earlier in the rain that could have been from Seven Samurai.

I wasn't immediately pleased with the
farmsteads being taken over in the previous area but I guess it gives you more to do down there. Eh.
Just do them later, no reason to do them straight away.

Oct 27, 2017
One of the things I really appreciate about the game is that nothing is level gated, so I never felt like I HAD to engage in the repetitive side content, I just did the things I was interested in. Eventually I did everything for the trophies but yeah, it's all optional stuff that they intentionally keep hidden by fog so you don't try and checklist everything. I feel like people should just ignore the repetitive stuff honestly lol. Just do the Mythic Tales, the Companion Tales, and the main quest, with some various side activities like hot springs as you go come across them but don't go out of your way to do them, and it will flow much better, imo.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Ok lady I'll go find the people that stole from you. Right after I just go inside your house and loot everything in there. Cool? Cool.
Lmao ain't that right. Every time I go into peoples' houses and loot them, or loot some poor old camp in the middle of the road with sick & tired people, I started thinking maybe Jin isn't that good after all :p

Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha I almost posted about that observation lol. Stealing valuable supplies at these camps from the sick and injured.

Maybe they're offerings to the samurai ghost who protects them!

Btw, I'm nowhere near the end and don't exactly know how it ends beyond some slightly spoiled scenarios but I'd love dlc that
takes place in the not so distant future on the island with a mystic quest line detailing Jin's legend. It would be quite nice getting those little inked cutscenes describing the tales and heroics of the Ghost of Tsushima as you travel and defend the same areas with a newer twist.

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Man i cant stop doing side stuff in the game, im in the first zone but just travelling theres always something to do, i think i did like 4 story missions yet, should i stop doing side stuff for now? Im really close to unblock all stances.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Man i cant stop doing side stuff in the game, im in the first zone but just travelling theres always something to do, i think i did like 4 story missions yet, should i stop doing side stuff for now? Im really close to unblock all stances.
Do the side stuff at your own pace, but keep in mind that the main quests reward you with new core abilities until the very end of the first Act, so know that your exploration will be somewhat limited until you've gotten all of these abilities

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I've cleared everything in the first island, and now it's onto Act 2 at long last. Now I have the rest of this shiny island to explore.

Ligero

Oct 27, 2017
Just cleared 2nd Island, about to do last mission on that one, labelled as a "long tale" - can someone give me a spoiler-free rough estimate of how long I have left? Loving it, just want to get my expectations in check.

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
One of the things I really appreciate about the game is that nothing is level gated, so I never felt like I HAD to engage in the repetitive side content, I just did the things I was interested in. Eventually I did everything for the trophies but yeah, it's all optional stuff that they intentionally keep hidden by fog so you don't try and checklist everything. I feel like people should just ignore the repetitive stuff honestly lol. Just do the Mythic Tales, the Companion Tales, and the main quest, with some various side activities like hot springs as you go come across them but don't go out of your way to do them, and it will flow much better, imo.

Yeah I really started to sour on the game when I was doing mainly side quests. I went back to doing main quests and I'm enjoying the game again. Honestly the side stuff just feels super dated. It's mostly all very tedious, poorly acted and not rewarding. Once I realized each mission was the same loop (talk to character, walk 10 feet, examine things, ride on horse 300m, fight 3-5 guys, talk to character again) I felt they're just padding to make the world feel less empty.

It's a shame, this game is on the verge of being great but the odd inconsistency of it pushes it down to just "pretty good" for me.

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Just cleared 2nd Island, about to do last mission on that one, labelled as a "long tale" - can someone give me a spoiler-free rough estimate of how long I have left? Loving it, just want to get my expectations in check.

if you're doing main quest only, only a few hours left, act 3 is super short, like it doesn't feel like an act at all.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Just popping in to say I finally got around the the Yuriko side mission.

Easily the best part of the game for me which is saying soemthing. Genuinely emotional and had so many revelations and moments of character development for the two of them.

I was genuinely not expecting it or the way the mission was played out. The ending hit real hard.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Finished it last night and today I cleaned up and got the platinum. Fantastic game, really good for a new IP.

I really want more though. Like a demon mythology expansion like Undead Nightmare or something. Those mythic tales were cool if only they would let loose and just go all out on a crazy side expansion.

Oct 27, 2017
Weird seeing multiple character tales to choose from (within the same tale). I should just do them in order right? Any dialog changes otherwise?

renx

Jan 3, 2020
Just a couple of questions.
Does the game allow you to keep playing for the platinum after the main story is completed?
Would the platinum become unachievable if I missed to do something in certain mission?

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
If you stick to main story only?

Maybe 7 hours-ish

If you do everything, then much longer

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like without doing outposts you might unlock stances too slowly, which seemed pretty key once you get to Act 2 and everyone's blocking stuff. Or maybe it'd just force you to rely more heavily on Ghost weapons (which I really didn't need to use very often). /shrug Could be a fun challenge in a few months.

Does anyone know how starting a new game works? Can I do multiple save files? What if I used a different profile?

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really enjoying the game right now. Probably spent 15 or so hours on the first part alone. Just began part 2 and excited to see the rest of the island. I may go though the main story a bit more quickly though.

Love the camera mode- I made a fun little gif.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think Edge's assessment that Ghost could have been released six years ago as an Assassin's Creed game and nobody would have really blinked is both bang on and a big reason why I enjoy the game.

Personally I think it is a rather lazy assessment and does little justice to the combat, which is superior to any that AC has delivered...the more coherent and straight forward narrative, and the discreet quests and fast travel which mitigate against the kind of bloat that really shackles modern AC. Quest design could be improved sure, and presentation was the biggest weakness. I handily prefered the game to Odyssey, Origins and any of the older AC games though.

Deleted member 22528

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have one unliberated camp left in the first area but i can't find it anywhere and it's not on the map...how can I figure out where it is?

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
So I decided to start a lethal run, and after installing 1.6, I feel like I am ahving a much easier time climbing out of crawl spaces? Is this just me, or did they actually fix em in a patch?

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Combat is way too good to be AssCreed though. It's much better than even the combat in Origins/Odyssey, and the combat in those obliterate the old AC combat.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
I'm honestly surprised at how much I enjoy the combat, hah. Considering it's a western dev and all. Playing on Hard, it can be quite punishing if I mess up, so I'm forced to really succeed at the stand-offs, and to use all my stances, abilities, etc. to the fullest (ghost weapons are a life saver vs groups). But it's very satisfying when you take out a group with a series of perfect parries and such. It's not Sekiro-tier, of course, but the sword-cutting animations are quite satisfying.

In-game, people have started calling Jin a butcher and accused him of enjoying the violence. Pfffft, damn right I do, stop judging me, game. >.>

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I feel like without doing outposts you might unlock stances too slowly, which seemed pretty key once you get to Act 2 and everyone's blocking stuff. Or maybe it'd just force you to rely more heavily on Ghost weapons (which I really didn't need to use very often). /shrug Could be a fun challenge in a few months.

Does anyone know how starting a new game works? Can I do multiple save files? What if I used a different profile?

you can start a new game with its own file

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Something I'm not clear on, many hours in: are there any gameplay benefits to wearing masks? I find them hideous so I never wore one, and I stick to the headbands too. Sometimes I'll switch to the other armours for their stats, as they do have perks listed (though right now I'm sticking with the Ronin outfit, the red and white dye looks great IMO), but I couldn't find anything about head/face gear, it's all cosmetic then?

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Something I'm not clear on, many hours in: are there any gameplay benefits to wearing masks? I find them hideous so I never wore one, and I stick to the headbands too. Sometimes I'll switch to the other armours for their stats, as they do have perks listed (though right now I'm sticking with the Ronin outfit, the red and white dye looks great IMO), but I couldn't find anything about head/face gear, it's all cosmetic then?

the only thing that matters is your armor

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Nope, same with helms

Oct 27, 2017

Only the armor sets have stats tied to them so you can wear any headgear you want (or not).

Beastlove

Nov 1, 2017
It has a slow start but really hits a flow once you unlock some of the combat moves. I like playing it as a naughty samurai.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
hot take: i think ac odyssey had better sidequests than this game. more variety and more memorable characters imo.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao ain't that right. Every time I go into peoples' houses and loot them, or loot some poor old camp in the middle of the road with sick & tired people, I started thinking maybe Jin isn't that good after all :p

I felt bad every time you free a prisoner in those random fights and they seem to give you a reward (supplies?) as thanks. I'm like nope, keep it, I don't want anything from you. Just doing my civic (samurai) duty.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
hot take: i think ac odyssey had better sidequests than this game. more variety and more memorable characters imo.
AC Odyssey does have better side quests than this, but that's not to say that there aren't many side quests in this game that have some good narrative stuff. Yuriko's side quests come to mind.