• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

A reddit user has compiled a large number of screenshots going over the various pages of monetization in the game. There is... a lot.

7gt223ms6qp31.jpg

("Most Popular" despite seemingly no one having bought any yet).
afl8zuo9aqp31.jpg

220e4pms6qp31.jpg

iece3ems6qp31.jpg

dzummcms6qp31.jpg

pnbiogms6qp31.jpg

Directly converting real money to in-game (earnable) money.
fwd7y5ps6qp31.jpg

And there is a lot more but I think everyone gets the point. If you want to see more you can go to the link.

This is honestly just crazy. There is so much.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft just saved me a whole bunch of time. So many pay to win MTX, I'll pass on this easily. I look forward to the conversation this thread will generate.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, these subscription services aren't going to let you off the hook for $10 or $15 per month for these AAA games.

The future of gaming.

Oct 27, 2017
• $60 Games
• $50/Year Content Pass
• Pre-order bonuses
• Infinite *optional* Microtransactions

Oof²

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Everything non-cosmetic can be found in the world so all it is a shortcut for the lazy gamers. Am I fan of time saver MTX? Not really, but at the same time it's not really locking them behind a pay wall so it doesn't really matter in the end. People who choose to buy weapons or attachments are honestly just doing themselves a disservice but that's their choice.

In the end, all these MTX are optional so it isn't that bad.

Deleted member 57361

Banned
Jun 2, 2019
Everything non-cosmetic can be found in the world so all it is a shortcut for the lazy gamers. Am I fan of time saver MTX? Not really, but at the same time it's not really locking them behind a pay wall so it doesn't really matter in the end. People who choose to buy weapons or attachments are honestly just doing themselves a disservice but that's their choice.

You could earn everything in Battlefront 2 too by just playing. You just needed to play 4000 hours.

People really don't get the full picture. Impressive.

Oct 27, 2017

4bUV7Ls.gif

Enjoy replaying the same missions over and over again to upgrade your dong-rifle to 500% damage, so you can do the end-game content.

Say it loud: pride and accomplishment!

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I simply don't see how anyone can look at this and come to the conclusion that "it's fine" especially considering the state the game is in.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
120 buck "Ultimate Edition" and they're still asking for more money? WTF.

Also, buying guns, skill points and ranks? Fuck no. Just no. I liked Wildlands, but I don't buy games that monetize upgrades or things to work towards. If they're not compelling enough, or the devs make the game grindy to enforce the spending, then I do not support the game. This has just saved me money.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
60 dollar game and 50 dollar season pass with all these mtx? I thought it was free 2 play looking at the monetization. UBI really get away with it.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's bad enough that this shit is in F2P mobile games (started playing Call Of Duty Mobile and it's basically like this), but when you already pay 70 Euros for the day 1 edition (or more for the expensive editions) and they still have these monetization schemes... damn, not a good look.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta

Yeah I don't really understand these MTX for most gamers. If you're buying this stuff that's available in the game, you're just removing all the 'playing the game' parts. If you didn't like the 'playing the game' part...why did you buy it?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I really don't get how people don't see "paying extra money to get skill points- which are supposed to be your reward for, y'know- playing the game" as undermining the whole concept of "playing the game and having fun doing so". it was a horrible concept when Squeeenix tried to introduce it in Deus Ex: Human Revolutions, and it still is one today.

If you want to be totally OP against early-game content with all the skills, that's what NG+ run is for. If you feel you need to pay for extra skills to make the game fun, that should be a considered a failure on the devs' part in making the game fun. Or deliberately making game less fun in order to encourage you to spend extra money to make it more fun- take your pick, based on how malicious you feel the pubs/devs are.

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
Look, it's pretty simple - the devs have a profit motive to make players' lives more difficult and eat up more of their time.

They will balance with that and profits mind, not how precious your time is or how much fun you'll have. If they get the balance wrong, they'll tweak it until you tolerate it again.

We have to go into these things with open eyes and certainly not defending them as being spiritually OK.

edit - just saw mentalists post. preach on.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just like every recent big Ubisoft game, AssOdd included, this game is built around its MTX.

Deleted member 41638

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Funny, I found the loot system to be resemble AC Odyssey's loot system than Division's

Didn't play Odyssey so can't comment but either way a loot level system shouldn't be in a Ghost Recon game like this. Skill trees okay but really it should be about the type of equipment you have, not if your cowboy hat is 50 levels higher than your tactical helmet.

Oct 26, 2017
The amount of MTX stuff in Ubisoft games is quickly reaching insane proportions. I'm a huge Assassin's Creed fan, so I'm ok with buying the Ultimate version of AC for 110€ (which was already a price increase of 10€ vs. the last game). But even if I bought the additional "Helix Credits XXL Pack" for another 100€, I could not get all of the cosmetic MTX stuff with that. And that's just the cosmetic DLC. There is much more like weapons, time saver stuff etc. That's just crazy. And I'm sure there will be even more shit like this in the next Assassin's Creed.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Does this affect competitive MP?

Even if it's only SP to make the game easier, pretty gross if they don't just include a "Game Difficulty" setting.

Oct 27, 2017
It feels most online AAA games are nothing more than f2p mobile games with a much larger budget and scale this days. This is depressing and I can only imagine how they'll make things even worse in the future. This is the first generation where I'm genuinely not looking foward to next gen.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Game was built from the ground up with all this shit as the focus. Always online GaaS garbage.

As a massive fan of Wildlands, with hundreds of hours of play time, I want nothing to do with this monstrosity.