Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Why publishers doesnt mention PS5/XBox series still in trailers baffles me to death

Because technically there is no native version of this game on PS5 and Series X/S. The PS4 and Xbox One versions are backwards compatible, but that's not the same thing as having a version to buy specifically for a new console. Technically speaking, without a native version, advertising a PS5 or Xbox Series X version would be false advertising
They're not gonna mention other platforms in a Nintendo Direct

The trailer in the OP isn't the Direct one, it has PS4, Xbox and PC at the end

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Oh god, I was afraid this wasn't coming to PC, really relieved now!

Thought about the game a few days ago, played on my iPad when it came out but sold the tablet and never finished it.

Day freaking 1!

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Saw on gematsu that it's getting a physical release as well. Hell yes.
Oh sweet. Here's a link to said article. It includes the full press release, which confirms a few other details and touches on the remastered soundtrack:

• A Revived Story Mode with a Crisp Comeback– Originally released in 2010, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is now remastered in higher resolution with crisper and less pixelated visuals adapted for 1080 / 60 frames per second graphic quality.
  • Adapted for Detectives on Different Devices – Available on PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, Sissel's chilling adventure is optimized for players to be able to play comfortably on both controller and / or touch screens (applicable only for platforms with built-in touch screen functionality).
  • Three Newly Added Languages – Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese have now been added to make a total of nine available languages, including English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese.
  • New Challenges and Fresh Trophies – Players can train their brains with Ghost Puzzles available in different modes including 3×3, 4×4, and 5×5! By completing different levels of the game, players can also win new trophies!
  • Improved Menu and System Features – Enjoy the gameplay to your liking! Players can change settings to fit different preferences such as Easy-to-use Sounds, Language, and Auto-Advance Settings.
  • Reimagined Music Tracks and Unique Illustrations – Yasumasa Kitagawa, the music composer for The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, has remastered a one-to-one soundtrack for the entire game! Additionally, a never-before-seen collection of Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective illustrations can be unlocked in the Extras menu.

Yesterzine

Jan 5, 2022
I remember never really playing this because the tutorial went on for 3 weeks and kept telling you the exact same thing 15 things. Hopefully that's been changed or I'll have to tape down a button or something and leave it to it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Oh sweet. Here's a link to said article. It includes the full press release, which confirms a few other details and touches on the remastered soundtrack:
Excellent news. I'll be grabbing physical releases for PS4/5 and Switch for sure (and probably importing since this is Capcom after all... its probably not available here in Europe lol)

Arilian

Oct 29, 2020
Thanks for the link.
  • A Revived Story Mode with a Crisp Comeback– Originally released in 2010, Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective is now remastered in higher resolution with crisper and less pixelated visuals adapted for 1080 / 60 frames per second graphic quality.
I'm not a fan of the less pixelated visuals because I really liked the low poly feeling of the DS game: the animation were really good and the look of Ghost Trick reminded me of games like Another World.

Still a great new to have the game available on more modern systems.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
A physical release is big news. Going to guess the price is $30-$40 as they haven't done a physical $20 release since Onimusha 1 HD (and that skipped the Switch in the US due to that price).

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
This game is very special for me. I'm really happy that more people will be able to play it.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Loved this game on the DS, although there were parts that I seem to recall being infuriating or less than intuitive. If the price is right, will certainly double-dip!

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
The awesome animations are going to be SOOO smooth. Can't wait for a certain character in a white jacket to dance onto the Switch screen.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHGCPAkMsnE

Kj7xLb.gif

We win

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
im going to be able to buy a physical copy of ghost trick for fucking xbox in the year of our lord 2023

it's miraculous

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Have heard outstandings things about this one, this is great news. Great time too for the summer.

D-Man

Oct 25, 2017
This was my favorite announcement from the Direct. This is one of my top 3 games of all time and I'm glad now all of my friends who missed it on DS can finally understand why I sing its praises so highly.

Thank you, Capcom. Thank you, Shu Takumi!!!

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
If anyone hasn't played this yet and is slightly interested, I 100% just go into it blind. It isn't a very long game but the experience is so fun and engaging

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom hates physical for anything bit their biggest games, Ghost Trick getting a physical while mich bigger games from their a digital only was a red flag or in this case suit lol.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone. Seriously. If you never played that game: pick it. You will not regret it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Tiny nitpick but... the lower res/lower detail on the character models give their expressions in the comparison pic a certain way about them I love, that's lost in the high res version.
Again, nitpick. I still have my DS version so if I want the original look, that's where I'll go. Still... I'd have liked the option of original graphics as well.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
I'm surprised on how much of the art style is in tact still given the amount of work to replace all the original assets. Doesn't feel off or wrong at all to me.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
A toggle for the classic pixel graphics would be cool... I'm sure it won't be in, though.

The new look is clean and works well, but the original has a certain charm that I'm gonna miss just a bit.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
A toggle for the classic pixel graphics would be cool... I'm sure it won't be in, though.

The new look is clean and works well, but the original has a certain charm that I'm gonna miss just a bit.
I agree. The original had a distinctive look that gave it a unique charm, and I'm still fond of it. As I have my original copy, though, I'm not too beat up about the makeover; if anything, it might help make this latest replay feel a bit fresher. A toggle would be best, though, of course.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
This was on my list of games to collect for the 3ds.

Do we know if it's getting a physical?

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
So excited.

If I ever have another Pomeranian it's being named Missile.

Just one of the all time great dogs

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I love how clean the new art is. It's what I always wanted from Ghost Trick. When I play on the 3ds, I play in the pixel perfect mode just for a smoother image.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I never played (or heard) of this game, and it just seems like a fun puzzle game. Metacritic is at 82 so it wasn't a magical critical success either.

I see most people are really happy but without really explain why.

Someone sell me on the game. I'm not a big puzzle games guy and never owned any portable thing except for a Gameboy.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
I never played (or heard) of this game, and it just seems like a fun puzzle game. Metacritic is at 82 so it wasn't a magical critical success either.

I see most people are really happy but without really explain why.

Someone sell me on the game. I'm not a big puzzle games guy and never owned any portable thing except for a Gameboy.
Honestly it's 95% the charm to me. It's not really something I can describe. I just love the game, the characters, the animations, the charm of it all.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
never did play this on the DS but my kid loved it. I'll be getting this for sure. Graphics look great.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I thought the graphics might look a bit odd in HD, given on the DS these were 3D models masquerading as sprites. But it still works. The charm in those animations shines through.