modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
A warning, spoilers will probably leak from today:

Sony Surprises At CinemaCon With 'Ghostbusters: Afterlife' Screening

Introducing the Afterlife screening, Reitman asked the audience how many had seen the original Ghostbusters and promised, "You are about to go on the biggest Easter egg hunt of all time. From the opening musical piece to the end of the end credits, and all I ask is, please no spoilers… We've kept the ending secret so that people who come to your movie theaters (can discover it). I mean, if you like the movie, you can tell people that."

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Ah man, I've seen the majority of the movie already but that last 25 mins would have been a nice surprise for people to see blind.

One fairly big one will probably leak though no stopping that one...

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is the Pyramid Head of Ghostbusters. He only existed in that one context conjured by a specific mind for a very specific reason but it's become so iconic that he shows up anytime the series does now.

I had the exact same thought watching this trailer.

Also overall not very excited. Seems uninspired and save judging by the trailer.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Ah man, I've seen the majority of the movie already but that last 25 mins would have been a nice surprise for people to see blind.

One fairly big one will probably leak though no stopping that one...
Reddit is providing me with nothing recent (shout out to Reddit's shitty search functionality!) - only thing I can find which was new to me was some interesting characters in toy form, but commentators seemed to have know about that for a while - does this link up with that I wonder?

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I would like to eat whatever Paul Rudd is eating to stay young

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even huge into Ghostbusters (and I don't have a ton of nostalgia for it since it wasn't a movie we really watched growing up) but I honestly think this looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
It's not like I don't believe the impressions, but I gotta have time to see it myself if it's actually truly better than the 2016 film. 🙄🤷

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
those early impressions are total bullshit. they read exactly like rise of skywalker early impressions
John Campea has said that that was not the Ghostbusters story he wanted to see on screen [modern time with grandkids], but for what it is, it was very well made. He described it as delightful but with [for him] end that he "did not love" [but probably majority of people will be fine with]. His friend, actress Erin Cummings on the other hand was totally blown away by the film. She really liked it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
How were the initial impressions for the last one? I seem to remember them being not so good because I tempered my expectations when I saw it opening weekend in theaters.

BvS & Justice League had pretty bad initial impressions from previews as well.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
John Campea has said that that was not the Ghostbusters story he wanted to see on screen [modern time with grandkids], but for what it is, it was very well made. He described it as delightful but with [for him] end that he "did not love" [but probably majority of people will be fine with]. His friend, actress Erin Cummings on the other hand was totally blown away by the film. She really liked it.

Will give it a watch.

I think it's going to a be a very good film - Sony wouldn't be screening it ~3 months in advance and encouraging attendees to post their impressions if they weren't confident in it.

Euphoria

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
You know, growing up I've watched Ghost Busters many times and I've never remembered it for adult jokes like getting blown by a ghost.

Im also looking forward to this film a lot and think it looks awesome.