• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
According to Newell, PUBG is both the third best-selling game of all time on Steam, and also comes third in the highest-earning ranks - an impressive achievement given that the game is only just approaching its one-year anniversary

He went on to observe that Bluehole's hugely popular multiplayer title is proof that Valve's investment "does help do good things for the gaming industry", PC Gamer reports.

"So you can have a relatively new game like PUBG, and because they can capitalise on all the other multiplayer games, the technology, [and] the fact that China is now a huge market for anybody who does PC game development," he said.

"So PUBG can come out of pretty much nowhere and become the third largest selling game in Steam's history. Their gross revenue over all time is already number three in fairly short order."

More at GI.biz

DoublePayje

Oct 29, 2017
More money: Dota 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, of course.

But what game should have sold more than PUBG besides CS:GO? Dota 2 is free and according to steamspy nothing else comes close. Left 4 Dead 2 is Number 3 on my list with 20 mio sales.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More money: Dota 2 and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, of course.

But what game should have sold more than PUBG besides CS:GO? Dota 2 is free and according to steamspy nothing else comes close. Left 4 Dead 2 is Number 3 on my list with 20 mio sales.
I think that it's as PCGamer said, Gabe meant "highest earners" not "highest sales".
DOTA 2
CS:GO
PUBG

is probably how it goes. It's freaking amazing that a game can, in less than a year, earn that much money.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
He makes a good point, Steam does make it pretty easy to reach a global market. (As long as you localize your game!)