• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• TEMPORARY. SECRETARY.

Votes: 139 35.1%
  • I Wanna Sit Back And Do Jack Fuck

Votes: 30 7.6%
  • I Can't Read, Bro!

Votes: 81 20.5%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 123 31.1%
  • It Came Out Like A Poop

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • You Goatse'd A Question Mark

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • I Managed To Like Captain Dong's Electric Trike

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Let's be honest, the only reason they are doing Load Our Last Save right now, is to pretend to actually do series while a sale is going on right? Last one was in February... during a sale, and the last one before that was in 2016.

there are things in life called coincidences and i'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is one of them

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
nah, no confirmation on cancellation just scuttlebutt based on campo santo people changing their twitter bios to remove valley of the gods development at valve from it into something more generalized.

if it was confirmed i doubt the store page would still be up.
It's in Valve development hell. Until they release it, the game doesnt exist as far as I'm concerned.
there are things in life called coincidences and i'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is one of them
Proabably one of the easiest features to bring back willy nilly before they bunker down next week

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest, the only reason they are doing Load Our Last Save right now, is to pretend to actually do series while a sale is going on right? Last one was in February... during a sale, and the last one before that was in 2016.
Let's be honest, the only reason they make videos is to keep people subscribed
They don't care about you, they just want your money

10689123.jpg

At least they're not teasing projects that will never come to pass, such as Blight Club or the No Go Show.

Oct 27, 2017

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
I spent a whole Saturday trying to beat the last boss in Sekiro, victory never felt sweet, hell of a game.

Seeing him start up a lightning attack and realizing I finally had him is probably my moment of the year.

Deleted member 29195

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I spent a whole Saturday trying to beat the last boss in Sekiro, victory never felt sweet, hell of a game.

Seeing him start up a lightning attack and realizing I finally had him is probably my moment of the year.
Completely agree. I felt like I didn't get to that phase until I was ready, and then I just had to execute. Was an amazing feeling of accomplishment.

Oct 25, 2017

For me it was fighting the guy in the tower when it finally clicked for me how the game wants to be played. That felt fantastic.
I played it pretty much like a Souls game until then.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
For me it was fighting the guy in the tower when it finally clicked for me how the game wants to be played. That felt fantastic.
I played it pretty much like a Souls game until then.

Are you talking about Genichiro?

Because yeah, that's probably the best fight in the game. Caps off the first 'act' of the story and it's the ideal skill barrier. You feel like you've grown enormously over it.

Feb 12, 2019

The last fight of Sekiro broke me in a way that no other FromSoft game did. It took me somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-7 hours to get it done. It was incredibly satisfying, but I don't know if I ever want to play Sekiro again.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
The last fight of Sekiro broke me in a way that no other FromSoft game did. It took me somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-7 hours to get it done. It was incredibly satisfying, but I don't know if I ever want to play Sekiro again.
I beat it after a few hours a couple nights a week for two week. The trophy didnt pop.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I only played Shenmue I, never got around to the second, but I'm not sure I'm a fan of the rural Chinese setting. I would hope that's only a small portion of the game.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Just realized that that's probably kinda spoilery so I edited my post, could you edit your quote as well?
I know folks don't like that kind of stuff
No worries.

I actually never beat him. Bashed my head against it for hours over several days and haven't touched it since. I didn't have it in me to get so frustrated at it.

Feb 12, 2019
I actually never beat him. Bashed my head against it for hours over several days and haven't touched it since. I didn't have it in me to get so frustrated at it.
I was in a state of mind I'd colloquially define as "Rage Focus." That is when you're so incredibly angry at a game that you refuse to let it beat you, even though you'd normally have given up in any other video game. After seeing the ending, I tried the optional boss a couple of times, decided "NOPE I AM NOT DOING THIS RIGHT NOW" and have not played it since.

Sekiro is also one of my favorite games of the year.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I was in a state of mind I'd colloquially define as "Rage Focus." That is when you're so incredibly angry at a game that you refuse to let it beat you, even though you'd normally have given up in any other video game. After seeing the ending, I tried the optional boss a couple of times, decided "NOPE I AM NOT DOING THIS RIGHT NOW" and have not played it since.

Sekiro is also one of my favorite games of the year.
The best part of Sekiro:

Dz0f91-WoAERSTZ.jpg

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i enjoyed the last boss of sekiro though admittedly in the end it was about half execution and half sort of cheesey feeling manipulation

basically staying certain distances away makes the fight largely go how you want it to go, and then you just need to know enough to not have telegraphed lunges hit you in the face

GreySquirrel

Oct 27, 2017
Currently watching the Shenmue 3 quick look. I'm half expecting it to be a surprise Terminator tie in with the main character being the terminator sent back in time to when the first games were released

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, the last boss isn't that hard if you are extremely patient. I ran around just dodging forever getting in like one hit at a time after each of his combos. I also thought the fight was incredibly boring because of this lol, but by that stage I was starting to get tired of the game and I just wanted to get it over with. Fighting him the immensely boring way seemed quicker than spending hours learning how to optimise the fight and do it "properly".

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, the last boss isn't that hard if you are extremely patient. I ran around just dodging forever getting in like one hit at a time after each of his combos. I also thought the fight was incredibly boring because of this lol, but by that stage I was starting to get tired of the game and I just wanted to get it over with. Fighting him the immensely boring way seemed quicker than spending hours learning how to optimise the fight and do it "properly".

I felt like i had gotten good at the game until i played the last boss. lol. The rest of the bosses i felt really accomplished when I finally won. The last boss just made me tired.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Crackdown 3, sekiro, re2 and metro exodus all came out THIS YEAR.
Man 2019 was long and awful

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
is there some sort of connection between those games of varying quality and genre

well, i guess i more just thought people didnt like crackdown 3 and were indifferent on metro

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
is there some sort of connection between those games of varying quality and genre

well, i guess i more just thought people didnt like crackdown 3 and were indifferent on metro
Just games i was hyped for, and only two delivered. Sekiro and re2

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Tbh I don't really agree that 2019 was a bad year and I don't really understand where that attitude comes from in some people. There are loads of games that came out this year and there's plenty really solid stuff there. The 2014 comparison really undersells how bad 2014 was - people forget.

I do think it's true that 2019 didn't offer a ton of mindblowing or new takes on much - but a year of really solid, if well-worn, games is still perfectly fine with me. That and I suppose 2019 had some high-profile flops (Anthem, Crackdown, others I'm sure).

May 5, 2018
Crackdown 3, sekiro, re2 and metro exodus all came out THIS YEAR.
Man 2019 was long and awful
It ain't that bad. We got Baba is You, Wargroove and Ace Combat 7 in the first half. Second half was dope for Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Later Alligator (best indie I've played this year, or well... it's the one I liked the most).

Status
Not open for further replies.