• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
should I play again and actually stick with Assassins Creed: Black Flag?

I've been feeling an open world game with boats and Black Flag seems like a good choice. I played a few hours of it when it came out but never finished it.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
should I play again and actually stick with Assassins Creed: Black Flag?

I've been feeling an open world game with boats and Black Flag seems like a good choice. I played a few hours of it when it came out but never finished it.
I played the game when it first came out but didn't finish it.

I went back to it last year and actually enjoyed it a lot more.

I still think the game was WAAAYYYYY overrated when it came out and still shows a lot of the classic AC flaws but it's still a ton of fun!

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
I played the game when it first came out but didn't finish it.

I went back to it last year and actually enjoyed it a lot more.

I still think the game was WAAAYYYYY overrated when it came out and still shows a lot of the classic AC flaws but it's still a ton of fun!

rad

yeah I think I fell into the overhyped trap as well, because I came in with huge expectations.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to share the fact that I have just moved my external HDD to my Linux laptop I use as my Plex server instead of the usb port on my router... Setup the mount and fstab and then setup samba and finally updated Plex to point it at the right spot... All the users and permissions are setup and everything... Linux is fun! (And I now have instantly doubled my transfer speed to that hdd from my windows machine haha)

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about XCOM 2 but I instead decided to finally try and dive into Austin Walker's BATTLETECH. I have no idea what i'm doing yet, but I got to watch my mech launch missiles at another mech in an xcom-style mission so it gets my approval so far.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
It's only ten after 5 and I want to go to bed already. I'm just on the verge of passing out in my computer chair over here. I really don't want to get back into coffee but I need way more sleep to function than I'd like.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Also I just want to brag that I finished the fight in Halo 5, which of course ends on a big cliff hanger. Looking back on this campaign that I kind of breezed through on normal difficulty, it gives off this vibe like they didn't really have enough time to finish it. It's relatively short, the Locke levels mostly feel like filler - especially that part where you need to help the Arbiter - and there is one boss fight repeated throughout the campaign for both teams.

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried to reduce my coffee intake over the last couple of weeks and the result is just that I almost collapse at some point in the early evening. I guess the choice is between drugs, tiredness or sleep more than I want to. Maybe I have to become a Brad and get up at like 4 am.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can barely stay up past 7pm, haha

I'm also one of those up at 4am people because it's when I need to be up for work

I'm about to start working at a hospital though but guess what, I will need to get up at 3am for that job

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
finally started disco elysium and played for 5 hours straight. even though i should be going to sleep now, i kinda just wanna keep going! but ending the first day is a good stopping point.

just been rolling with the punches and not thinking too much about where to spend money and stat upgrades. i did reach a game over screen once because of losing morale thinking too much about the social realism and how much being a cop sucks!

looking forward to more failing forward!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Wait... The SCAV cooldown timer in Tarkov stops when you're not in game? That's really fucking stupid...

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Also I just want to brag that I finished the fight in Halo 5, which of course ends on a big cliff hanger. Looking back on this campaign that I kind of breezed through on normal difficulty, it gives off this vibe like they didn't really have enough time to finish it. It's relatively short, the Locke levels mostly feel like filler - especially that part where you need to help the Arbiter - and there is one boss fight repeated throughout the campaign for both teams.
There's gotta be an interesting story about Halo 5's development waiting to be told. The game launched in such a half baked state, and there's no way launching a new Halo like that was plan A.

MS seems to have their dev diaries in a vault so secure, not even J Schreier can break through though.

Oct 27, 2017
Quick thoughts on the DS4 back button attachment:

- positioned perfectly
- clicky feel, more like a button and not a paddle, which I like
- a little too easy to accidentally hit, but I believe I just need to get used to them
- super easy to reprogram, but it's not something you can do on the fly since you have to flip the controller over to see the screen
- doesn't heat up the controller, which was an issue with the Strike Pack

Overall it feels really solid, especially at $25. I actually like that it's divorced from a controller, since DS4s are pretty shoddy.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Sports gambling in Australia is ubiquitous and everywhere and is super gross but near impossible to uproot at this point.

It's our gun culture. There's slots in the equivalent of the veteran's League clubs here and it's the fucking worst

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
There's gotta be an interesting story about Halo 5's development waiting to be told. The game launched in such a half baked state, and there's no way launching a new Halo like that was plan A.

MS seems to have their dev diaries in a vault so secure, not even J Schreier can break through though.
The Master Chief Collection to this day seems to be this constantly burning wreck where it's become kind of astounding how they can't seem to get it together.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
i think i have given la-mulana 2 a bit too much shit

i still think: the amount of super mario maker tier trolls in the game is stupid, the way invicibility frames was changed is just unfun, and the particularly cryptic riddles are a waste of time to think about, but at least the vastly increased amount of combat isn't so bad once you stop being bad at video games and start using all your tools

either way great music, cool stuff, will buy it on every platform. basically the exact same way i felt about la-mulana 1, i felt like the way the game played was needlessly hard and the riddles made me feel like a stupid fuck for no reason, and then two years later it's my favorite game ever. 2 isn't as good as 1 but still

6 gifts from Poppy

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 6 gifts from Poppy Poppy!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Poppy said:
i had some trouble buying stuff last month and just got my codes, so here are some games that will make you a cool person, because they are all games that i think are really really great, and i am a cool person

i know people probably already own half of these games just coincidentally but whatever

These are our awesome prizes:

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
mimiga

side note: if you want to play cave story don't play any of the ones that cost money, the game is just okay and the free version is enough

thats a tip

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
name me one beatles song as good as, with the impact of, brown eyed girls' abracadabra

RadiantWhichBeardedcollie-max-1mb.gif

I rest my case

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The Beatles are great. Anything after the Beatles tho and...well you get Temporary Secretary or Yoko Ono.

Ed Sheeran? More like Ed Sheer-off cause he should fuck off. He's a talentless hack people like because they wouldn't know good music if punched them in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.