• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
kJ9l7oA.jpg

Does the dude in the hat have a Destiny shirt on? Can't tell if that's the logo on his left sleeve.

RhoMu31

Oct 31, 2017
It feels strange that there's only one PC exclusive game (and that will probably come to consoles this year) in the PC top 10, even though I played the other 9 games on PC last year.

It's probably because I grew up with PC-ass PC games.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
That's not strange on Era

It's not really strange given that it's a popularity contest. Most PC-ass PC games are (relatively) niche and also there's a lot of them which means votes are spread out, big multiplat/console releases go for a broad audience.

Last year also happened to have a bunch of super solid big AAA releases in Sekiro, DMCV, RE2remake etc.

Looking at the list I'd also say Pathologic 2, Baba is you, Disco Elysium and Slay the Spire are all way more PC games at heart regardless of them getting a console release.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I really like The Surge 2 but I wish there was some kind of fast travel system...

Since I just crafted myself a new set of armor, I kinda need to go farm low level mats to level it up but those zones are so far away!

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I really like The Surge 2 but I wish there was some kind of fast travel system...

Since I just crafted myself a new set of armor, I kinda need to go farm low level mats to level it up but those zones are so far away!
My favorite farm spot in Gideon Rock was those three rangers outside the base you could eliminate all them, then go bank the scrap, rinse repeat.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Just got through Act III in KRZ. Boy did this game sure got more elaborate and cool and weird as it went along. After playing the first Act a week ago I was unsure of it, but damn, it's going places. So, to be clear: (Act III spoilers) The game takes over your mouse and clicks the shot of whiskey, right? Because I figured that Conway was going to fuck up there anyway so I think I voluntarily clicked it at the same time the game did. I thought my mouse had just jerked around weirdly for a second.

Glad I picked it for the draft...

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Cannot believe that the first Act of Kentucky Route Zero came out less than two months after the final episode of Telltale's The Walking Dead season 1. And only today did the final Act release. It spans the whole goddamn lifespan of these episodic adventure games.

Edit:

giphy.gif

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite farm spot in Gideon Rock was those three rangers outside the base you could eliminate all them, then go bank the scrap, rinse repeat.
Turns out it was surprisingly easy and quick! Ran out of Gideon back to Cloud 9 bar and then farmed the dudes in the plaza right outside the bar (on the downtown side)... I completely destroyed them at my level so I did like 4-5 loops with a quick run back to the med station between each loops and got my whole set leveled up to Mk 4 in like 20min

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
GB-Era repping 2019's best game in the Era GOTY Awards topic with my pretentious ass quote and the realer quote by deepFlaw is only fitting. I wonder if it's going to rank higher on giantbomb.com's community vote.

I bought KRZ last week. Looking forward to playing all of it one episode a day next week!

Oh yeah I also bought The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition earlier this month. I've only played S1 and 2, and that was a whole lifetime ago. Unfortunately(?), I've lost my save files for both, so I'm gonna have to replay all of it, which I have mixed feelings on considering the big choices I made back in the day. I heard good things about the final season though, so I'm fairly excited to eventually get there.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
Oh yeah I also bought The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition earlier this month. I've only played S1 and 2, and that was a whole lifetime ago. Unfortunately(?), I've lost my save files for both, so I'm gonna have to replay all of it, which I have mixed feelings on considering the big choices I made back in the day. I heard good things about the final season though, so I'm fairly excited to eventually get there.
final season is fantastic, best thing telltale ever did

tbh you could just play that, season three is decent but it's more of a stand alone story and Clem's involvement is minimal, and iirc TFS has a choice recreation thingy that will also remind you of s1 and 2's events

Feb 12, 2019
Is it bad that, after seeing their somewhat muted reaction to Shadow Hearts on Demo Derby I now have a desire to seek out the Shadow Hearts series? I dunno, it was a reminder that there used to be a bunch of mid-budget JRPGs that in the PS1/PS2 era that did weird shit.

...aaaand one brief eBay glance later, that might be expensive.

Tan

Oct 27, 2017
Is it bad that, after seeing their somewhat muted reaction to Shadow Hearts on Demo Derby I now have a desire to seek out the Shadow Hearts series? I dunno, it was a reminder that there used to be a bunch of mid-budget JRPGs that in the PS1/PS2 era that did weird shit.

I had the exact same reaction

Salarians

Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club

man, shadow hearts 1 was expensive when I got into the series a little while after sh2 came out lol

but I lucked out and was able to buy my blockbuster's barely used copy for a good price

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to watching Midsommar since it's on Prime.

What a disappointing follow-up to Hereditary.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
final season is fantastic, best thing telltale ever did

tbh you could just play that, season three is decent but it's more of a stand alone story and Clem's involvement is minimal, and iirc TFS has a choice recreation thingy that will also remind you of s1 and 2's events

i mean i already bought the whole collection, so i'm just gonna play through all of it! also, i want to have my heart stomped on repeatedly anyway.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
i wanna see the directors cut

but noooo it's gotta be behind some stupid exclusivity garbage
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I didn't buy it when it came out. That plus no 4K disc which makes no fucking sense because that movie is gorgeous.

Edit: Actually, thinking about it more I wonder if the director's cut would fix some of the issues I had...

Edit 2: It doesn't.

Last edited:

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017

They are good. Amusingly enough the worst one is the one they played a demo of.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
GB-Era repping 2019's best game in the Era GOTY Awards topic with my pretentious ass quote and the realer quote by deepFlaw is only fitting. I wonder if it's going to rank higher on giantbomb.com's community vote.

I bought KRZ last week. Looking forward to playing all of it one episode a day next week!

oh lol, I didn't catch that the other was yours, congrats

though again I'll say: lmao at that being picked when I wrote it at the last minute, at like 6 in the morning, after barely getting sleep for several nights including that one

...though given some of the ones picked for other games, I sorta wonder if they just didn't have many good options?

Feb 12, 2019
They are good. Amusingly enough the worst one is the one they played a demo of.
For as much as I love making poor financial decisions, especially in regards to impulse purchasing video games late at night, there's something about "These 19-to-15-year-old PS2 JRPGs are going for an average of $50 each" that manages to give me pause. It's even worse, because I totally remember seeing both Shadow Hearts and Covenant at a shady-ass mom-and-pop used game/media store only a few months ago, but I no longer live in the area.

Of course, given that half the video games that were going to come out in the first months of this year have been delayed, I'm now genuinely considering going down a weird retro rabbit hole because that makes sense in my brain.
Or I could finally just start playing Trails in the Sky, because that's a game I already own on a platform that doesn't require me to dig out my PS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.