What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Abby, It's All Gone. Fuck.

Votes: 129 38.5%
  • I Don't Know How You Go About Fixing Mario Sunshine Other Than Putting A Bullet In It

Votes: 35 10.4%
  • Brad's Hair

Votes: 31 9.3%
  • TRIBES

Votes: 32 9.6%
  • Nice To Meet You Too, Bitch!

Votes: 42 12.5%
  • Get A Load Of Hot Dog Fingers!

Votes: 143 42.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
tIFx4kF.gif
Thank you for this.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
I haven't played one of these games but I'm just gonna say it the walking dead final season is a better the last of us pt 2

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
You know what I genuinely hate about that tweet. It's not even the ridiculous hyperbole.
It's that the movie Schindler's List is about hope and the good of mankind. I'm not gonna pretend like it's my favorite movie or anything but it's a movie about being human in a dark time.
From everything I've read from LoU 2 (which I acknowledge is not fair, I have not played it myself) it's the exact opposite. I'm not gonna say one is better than the other cause that's not even my point but comparing them is seems utterly ridiculous.
Unless all you took away from Schindler's List is "it's good and sad". And that's even when we ignore that Schindler's List is not a straight fantasy story.

It's probably because from where I'm from but I am really sensitive when it comes to comparisons with Nazi history.
IMO, no matter what the 'messages' of the movie/game are, comparing a fictional video game to a movie about the Holocaust is bad taste. Full stop.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
You know what I genuinely hate about that tweet. It's not even the ridiculous hyperbole.
It's that the movie Schindler's List is about hope and the good of mankind. I'm not gonna pretend like it's my favorite movie or anything but it's a movie about being human in a dark time.
From everything I've read from LoU 2 (which I acknowledge is not fair, I have not played it myself) it's the exact opposite. I'm not gonna say one is better than the other cause that's not even my point but comparing them is seems utterly ridiculous.
Unless all you took away from Schindler's List is "it's good and sad". And that's even when we ignore that Schindler's List is not a straight fantasy story.

It's probably because from where I'm from but I am really sensitive when it comes to comparisons with Nazi history.
Absolutley. That's why I think Druckman just choose that movie because it evokes sadness and bleakness to the larger crowd.
He completely farts on the movie and the history with that tweet. It's just bad.

freetacos

Oct 30, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Yeah the regular spicy flavor is my sweet spot. It is pretty spicy without being overly spicy. The flavor still comes through real well.

I've also tried a bunch of the other flavors (cheese, carbonara, etc) but the classic is still my favorite

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
my favorite part is comparing every other game to john wick and then saying the last of us isn't like it

john wick

the film series where the protagonist is haunted by their past into lapsing back into constant acts of gratuitous violence, the world is an inherently hostile place, and characters' attempts at resolution only further fuel an endless cycle of payback

not like the last of us at all! the last of us has guitars, and monster men

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Even ignoring the hyperbole, the awful insensitive comparison to a holocaust movie, the embarrassing "games can be art like the movies! Take them seriously!" subtext.....

his general point that most games are fun but the last of us is not fun but powerful and moving, is like, 10 years too late? Games have been doing the "it's not supposed to be fun" thing for years and to great effect. Spec Ops did it, Paper's Please did it, Pathologic, this War of Mine, Mafia 2,
hell the first Last of Us kind of did it. If you're only now realising that games can be things other than fun then where have you been the last 10 years, and how the fuck are you a critic? And just because something is serious does not mean it's better than something joyful but we won't even go there.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Everything about that tweet is dumb.

The "this game is better than movies" is also extremely dumb but this tweet even jumps over that.

And John Wick is a fantastic movie.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Omg Cory Balrog Lol

I have a lot of criticism to Jason's work but even I haven't said "his job is tearing game devs down" lol

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
LOL I can't believe a Cannata Hyperbole Tweet of all things got this ball rolling. Goddamn.
One of the funniest things about this is that Cannata still defends his God Of War tweet as being correct. He said in the replies "Everyone fucking agreed with it in the end, but I had to go through hell because everyone assumes they know more than they do." Lol

Sep 12, 2018
One of the funniest things about this is that Cannata still defends his God Of War tweet as being correct. He said in the replies "Everyone fucking agreed with it in the end, but I had to go through hell because everyone assumes they know more than they do." Lol
Well he's correct in the sense that God of War took from a lot of aspects from those better games and made them worse :P

Oct 25, 2017
Literally a white man who has managed to have a very successful career and is in a relatively safe well respected managerial position cranking up the internet crocodile tears to go, all want to do is hurt me aaaaaaah.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

Things getting heated between Neil Druckmann, Jason Schreier and Cory Barlog on Twitter.

I hope for their sake and the sanity in here, things get sorted out sooner rather than later.

I guess the part of the story that isn't public is that Neil DMed me on Friday apologizing for responding publicly to my tweet instead of privately. I appreciated it and told him he was fine. So it's really fucking weird that he decided to do this today.

We're at 2X spicy now.

Oct 25, 2017
This victim mentality from people who are, by the standards 99% of the other people in their field, in basically unassailable positions of power would be hilarious if it wasn't emblematic of a lot of problems in society.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think it was possible for Cannata to be more annoying than he is on the Slash Filmcast, but here we are

Sep 12, 2018
*closes book on last 2 pages*

And that my friends is why the badass dudes and ladies rising up against an evil corporation power fantasy of Resident Evil is better than the pretentious and miserable "but are we the real monsters?" hand-wringing of Walking Dead and Last of Us.

Status
Not open for further replies.